80% [ 16 ]
Run DMC
20%
 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:00 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
lets see theres tons of people trying to be Rza everywhere:

4th disciple, true master, mathematics ...they get a pass though

Stoupe is heavily influenced by him,
Kanye is HEAVILY influenced by him...just listen to "Heartless" you can hear "Liquid Swords" (the song) influenced all over that

J Dilla
Bronze Nazareth
Decompoze
PF Cuttin
Blue Sky Black Death
Snowgoons
DJ Muggs' newer material
Shuko
Southpaw
DJ Devastator
Agallah

EVERY underground Myspace producer tries to be him or Primo and fails miserably

Slang I love ya man but please stay clear of this debate...you are really clueless man....lol

it's almost funny...half of the guys you named are in groups spawned by Wu-Tang...that's number one...and are you telling me that J.Dilla wants to sound like RZA??? are you sure man??? DJ Muggs always has his own style what the fuck are you talking about?? Agallah is more like Alchemist than RZA..stop that man...lol

Kanye is influenced by many dawg, I mean he's not the most original sounding cat...lol

your a Wu-Tang fanboy times infinity...lol...so I can't listen to you man...sorry!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:00 pm

I'd have to respect you in order for your insults to affect me Steve.

I don't, so they don't.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:02 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
A #1 R&B charting rap album
Were they the 1st to have 11 #1 albums?

The second rap act to appear on American Bandstand (the Sugar Hill Gang appeared first on the program in 1981)
[b]No one cares[/b]

The first rap act to chart in the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 more than once
Do they have the most Top 40's???????

The first rap artist with a top 10 pop charting rap album
Do they have the most top 10 pop charting albums?

The first rap artist with RIAA-certified gold, platinum, and multi-platinum albums
Do they have any quadruple plat? 5x plat? 6x plat? 7x plat? 8x plat? 9x plat? Diamond? Have rappers outsold their DISCOG with ONE album?

The first rap act to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine
Did they ever OWN a magazine?

The first rap act to receive a Grammy Award nomination
DID they WIN...fucking fool, calling them the first to win, DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince were you posing ass clown

The first rap act to make a video appearance on MTV
Do they have the most videos on MTV?

The first rap act to perform at an arena
Have they performed at more arenas than anyone else?

The first rap act to have sold-out concerts
Have they had the most sold-out concerts? Can they sell out a concert today?

Signed to an athletic product endorsement deal (Adidas)
Do they have the highest endorsement contract ever? Do they have the most ever?

LMAOOOOOO

Yo Soul Seeker , I already told you to beat it man..I'm looking for Steve...who the fuck are you??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:04 pm

Nah dogg, if they had THOSE accomplishments, then an argument could be made for most influential. They have none, so they are not the most influential - the only argument they may chart top 5 in is most important.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:05 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
And by the way KJ, you're six years older than me...so you grew up in a different era than me? Simpleminded fool, and EVERY single one of you "refuted" statements is wrong, or biased, or can be applied to any number of rappers.

Like I said above, they ain't sold the most, or changed the most, or done the most, or still matter to anyone but fat flabby out wanna be NY bastards who moved out of state.

Sold the most??? what does that have to do with anything??? sales is never a part of any real hip-hop heads criteria..Welcome back Soul Seeker!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:06 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
lets see theres tons of people trying to be Rza everywhere:

4th disciple, true master, mathematics ...they get a pass though

Stoupe is heavily influenced by him,
Kanye is HEAVILY influenced by him...just listen to "Heartless" you can hear "Liquid Swords" (the song) influenced all over that

J Dilla
Bronze Nazareth
Decompoze
PF Cuttin
Blue Sky Black Death
Snowgoons
DJ Muggs' newer material
Shuko
Southpaw
DJ Devastator
Agallah

EVERY underground Myspace producer tries to be him or Primo and fails miserably

Slang I love ya man but please stay clear of this debate...you are really clueless man....lol

it's almost funny...half of the guys you named are in groups spawned by Wu-Tang...that's number one...and are you telling me that J.Dilla wants to sound like RZA??? are you sure man??? DJ Muggs always has his own style what the fuck are you talking about?? Agallah is more like Alchemist than RZA..stop that man...lol

Kanye is influenced by many dawg, I mean he's not the most original sounding cat...lol

your a Wu-Tang fanboy times infinity...lol...so I can't listen to you man...sorry!

RZA influenced all of those people at SOME POINT IN THEIR CAREER. Not from the beginning. Just listen to Dilla's beats on OBFCL2, they have Rza's sound all over them, and only a few i mentioned were groups spawned by Wu. Also, Kanye talks about Rza being his biggest influence in like every interview he does. Muggs older stuff isn't Rza sounding but listen to Grandmasters and tell me that sound isn't Rza influenced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:06 pm

It does for having the most influence on hip-hop and the culture, and sales was just one small part.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:14 pm

Slang, Kanye mentions many when talking about who influenced his unoriginal but sometimes dope ass...he has mentioned Pete Rock before...he has mentioned RZA, umm Marley Marl, shit he even mentioned himself as an influence man...I mean we're talking about Kanye man

Muggs to me has always had a very dope original style with his beats...if you mean that one album where he was working with a WU-TANG artist then yeah maybe he tried out a few RZAish ideas because GZA worked better with those concepts but Muggs is a very original cat all by himself..your wrong there man....

Also Dilla man?? Slang stop it man because that's just outright wrong man....Dilla was influenced HEAVILY by Pete Rock and Prince Paul and has said this before and I can hear those influences all over his beats
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:18 pm

Like I said whether Slang, or Pac or SRP or anyone else wants to listen to me or not Run-D.M.C is the most important and influential group of all-time and I've been listening to hip-hop probably longer than anyone on this forum....I don't see what the big fuckin deal is

it doesn't take away from Wu-Tang in the least nor Tupac...who gives a fuck??

Wu-Tang are some of the best to ever think about doing it...just like Pac and Run-D.M.C.

these guys are all a big piece of hip-hop culture...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 8:06 pm

D.Powell wrote:
a.scott wrote:
I've gotta go with Wu on this one. True, Run Dmc did change the game, but Wu had the greater impact,plus serious longevity IMO.

I gotta disagrre with you A.Scott...

Cosign. Run-DMC are definitely more well known by all.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 8:15 pm

Continuing on with day 2....

Gotta say I complete agree with every post by Powell & KJ. No offense to anyone who feels different, but shit seems clear as day to me.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 10:11 pm

Run DMC can't touch Wu on a global scale, that much is fact. Anywhere Wu goes in the world, the bees will swarm. Run DMC has never been that.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 10:42 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Run DMC can't touch Wu on a global scale, that much is fact. Anywhere Wu goes in the world, the bees will swarm. Run DMC has never been that.

it's not a fact, idiot box...look at the end of this video for PROOF: do ya homework man!