Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is better?
Wu-Tang
80%
 80% [ 16 ]
Run DMC
20%
 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20
 

AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:00 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
lets see theres tons of people trying to be Rza everywhere:

4th disciple, true master, mathematics ...they get a pass though

Stoupe is heavily influenced by him,
Kanye is HEAVILY influenced by him...just listen to "Heartless" you can hear "Liquid Swords" (the song) influenced all over that

J Dilla
Bronze Nazareth
Decompoze
PF Cuttin
Blue Sky Black Death
Snowgoons
DJ Muggs' newer material
Shuko
Southpaw
DJ Devastator
Agallah


EVERY underground Myspace producer tries to be him or Primo and fails miserably

Slang I love ya man but please stay clear of this debate...you are really clueless man....lol

it's almost funny...half of the guys you named are in groups spawned by Wu-Tang...that's number one...and are you telling me that J.Dilla wants to sound like RZA??? are you sure man??? DJ Muggs always has his own style what the fuck are you talking about?? Agallah is more like Alchemist than RZA..stop that man...lol

Kanye is influenced by many dawg, I mean he's not the most original sounding cat...lol

your a Wu-Tang fanboy times infinity...lol...so I can't listen to you man...sorry!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:00 pm

I'd have to respect you in order for your insults to affect me Steve.

I don't, so they don't.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:02 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
A #1 R&B charting rap album
Were they the 1st to have 11 #1 albums?

The second rap act to appear on American Bandstand (the Sugar Hill Gang appeared first on the program in 1981)
[b]No one cares[/b]

The first rap act to chart in the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 more than once
Do they have the most Top 40's???????

The first rap artist with a top 10 pop charting rap album
Do they have the most top 10 pop charting albums?

The first rap artist with RIAA-certified gold, platinum, and multi-platinum albums
Do they have any quadruple plat? 5x plat? 6x plat? 7x plat? 8x plat? 9x plat? Diamond? Have rappers outsold their DISCOG with ONE album?

The first rap act to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine
Did they ever OWN a magazine?

The first rap act to receive a Grammy Award nomination
DID they WIN...fucking fool, calling them the first to win, DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince were you posing ass clown

The first rap act to make a video appearance on MTV
Do they have the most videos on MTV?

The first rap act to perform at an arena
Have they performed at more arenas than anyone else?

The first rap act to have sold-out concerts
Have they had the most sold-out concerts? Can they sell out a concert today?

Signed to an athletic product endorsement deal (Adidas)
Do they have the highest endorsement contract ever? Do they have the most ever?

LMAOOOOOO

Yo Soul Seeker , I already told you to beat it man..I'm looking for Steve...who the fuck are you??
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:04 pm

Nah dogg, if they had THOSE accomplishments, then an argument could be made for most influential. They have none, so they are not the most influential - the only argument they may chart top 5 in is most important.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:05 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
And by the way KJ, you're six years older than me...so you grew up in a different era than me? Simpleminded fool, and EVERY single one of you "refuted" statements is wrong, or biased, or can be applied to any number of rappers.

Like I said above, they ain't sold the most, or changed the most, or done the most, or still matter to anyone but fat flabby out wanna be NY bastards who moved out of state.

Sold the most??? what does that have to do with anything??? sales is never a part of any real hip-hop heads criteria..Welcome back Soul Seeker!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:06 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
lets see theres tons of people trying to be Rza everywhere:

4th disciple, true master, mathematics ...they get a pass though

Stoupe is heavily influenced by him,
Kanye is HEAVILY influenced by him...just listen to "Heartless" you can hear "Liquid Swords" (the song) influenced all over that

J Dilla
Bronze Nazareth
Decompoze
PF Cuttin
Blue Sky Black Death
Snowgoons
DJ Muggs' newer material
Shuko
Southpaw
DJ Devastator
Agallah


EVERY underground Myspace producer tries to be him or Primo and fails miserably

Slang I love ya man but please stay clear of this debate...you are really clueless man....lol

it's almost funny...half of the guys you named are in groups spawned by Wu-Tang...that's number one...and are you telling me that J.Dilla wants to sound like RZA??? are you sure man??? DJ Muggs always has his own style what the fuck are you talking about?? Agallah is more like Alchemist than RZA..stop that man...lol

Kanye is influenced by many dawg, I mean he's not the most original sounding cat...lol

your a Wu-Tang fanboy times infinity...lol...so I can't listen to you man...sorry!

RZA influenced all of those people at SOME POINT IN THEIR CAREER. Not from the beginning. Just listen to Dilla's beats on OBFCL2, they have Rza's sound all over them, and only a few i mentioned were groups spawned by Wu. Also, Kanye talks about Rza being his biggest influence in like every interview he does. Muggs older stuff isn't Rza sounding but listen to Grandmasters and tell me that sound isn't Rza influenced.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:06 pm

It does for having the most influence on hip-hop and the culture, and sales was just one small part.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:14 pm

Slang, Kanye mentions many when talking about who influenced his unoriginal but sometimes dope ass...he has mentioned Pete Rock before...he has mentioned RZA, umm Marley Marl, shit he even mentioned himself as an influence man...I mean we're talking about Kanye man

Muggs to me has always had a very dope original style with his beats...if you mean that one album where he was working with a WU-TANG artist then yeah maybe he tried out a few RZAish ideas because GZA worked better with those concepts but Muggs is a very original cat all by himself..your wrong there man....

Also Dilla man?? Slang stop it man because that's just outright wrong man....Dilla was influenced HEAVILY by Pete Rock and Prince Paul and has said this before and I can hear those influences all over his beats
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:18 pm

Like I said whether Slang, or Pac or SRP or anyone else wants to listen to me or not Run-D.M.C is the most important and influential group of all-time and I've been listening to hip-hop probably longer than anyone on this forum....I don't see what the big fuckin deal is

it doesn't take away from Wu-Tang in the least nor Tupac...who gives a fuck??

Wu-Tang are some of the best to ever think about doing it...just like Pac and Run-D.M.C.

these guys are all a big piece of hip-hop culture...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 8:06 pm

D.Powell wrote:
a.scott wrote:
I've gotta go with Wu on this one. True, Run Dmc did change the game, but Wu had the greater impact,plus serious longevity IMO.

I gotta disagrre with you A.Scott...

Cosign. Run-DMC are definitely more well known by all.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 8:15 pm

Continuing on with day 2....

Gotta say I complete agree with every post by Powell & KJ. No offense to anyone who feels different, but shit seems clear as day to me.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 10:11 pm

Run DMC can't touch Wu on a global scale, that much is fact. Anywhere Wu goes in the world, the bees will swarm. Run DMC has never been that.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 10:42 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Run DMC can't touch Wu on a global scale, that much is fact. Anywhere Wu goes in the world, the bees will swarm. Run DMC has never been that.

it's not a fact, idiot box...look at the end of this video for PROOF: do ya homework man!


Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 10:43 pm

Look around the 4:30 mark or so for all the slow ones..lol


Last edited by D.Powell on Thu 24 Sep 2009, 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 10:46 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Run DMC can't touch Wu on a global scale, that much is fact. Anywhere Wu goes in the world, the bees will swarm. Run DMC has never been that.

Stop acting like Wu-Tang or even Run-D.M.C. for that matter is Michael Jackson...(RIP) he was the only one who could've gone anywhere in the world and gotten some love...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 10:55 pm

My facts are as strong as yours. If you doubt Wu's global fanbase then your the one who needs to learn.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 10:59 pm

What's up with the hostility, buddy?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 7:34 am

Kid Joe wrote:
My facts are as strong as yours. If you doubt Wu's global fanbase then your the one who needs to learn.

Parker did you actually LOOK at the where I pinpointed in the video?? your "facts" are shot down by Run himself....he talks exactly about how much traveling around the world they are doing and not ever going home and this is back when they are entering their peak....

So now I'm telling you too Parker just like the others who are struggling with these facts...Run-D.M.C. is the most important and influential hip-hop group of all-time

It doesn't matter if you think Wu-Tang is more talented as a collective because I actually agree with that as well....I think that Wu-Tang is the most talented hip-hop group of all-time, and really no other group comes close to that talent, but I know that Run-D.M.C. is the most important and influential hip-hop group of all-time as well....

by the way sorry for the aggressive response earlier but I'm almost sick of talking about something that is so obvious to those that actually know about it.....so my bad for that aggressive response earlier...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 11:06 am

Look man, there's a few people here that disagree with your view of which group had a "larger impact" on hip-hop.

The only thing to do is agree to disagree. "Impact" on a culture can't be measured like "impact" on a physical object.

Culture is a metaphysical noun, any measurements of culture are abstract. There is no right or wrong.

Sociology is a science of inferences, not facts.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 11:39 am

Understood man, I think they disagree because they don't know and this includes you too..

impact on a culture can certainly be measured...Michael Jackson's impact on pop music is HUGE and can be seen and measured...just like Run-D.M.C.'s impact on hip-hop culture can measured as well by all the emcees and dj's that joined the hip-hop bandwagon due to these guys....all the guys that were influenced by those guys....the funny thing about the whole debate is that if RZA or Ghost or Rae or Meth could see this shit they would probably start laughing at anyone saying their influence on hip-hop music and culture is larger than Run-D.M.C. because they also know....it's all good man! I'm just glad I know!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 12:00 pm

If it can be measured then what are the numbers? What would be your unit of measurement? psi?

To say - definitively - than one entity has had more cultural impact than another, is speaking in quantitative terms. You can't quantify an abstraction. The closest you can come is to compare statistical research.

Without that, you have nothing but inference based on opinion. That's a fact.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 12:11 pm

It can be measured, what that would mean is that every emcee who started their entire career in the hip-hop game because of Run-D.M.C. would have to be interviewed, just so good ol' "Kid" Joe can have his unit of measure..lol...and this is the same "Kid" joe that came with his "facts" earlier even though Run himself disputed every word he typed..now that is a FACT..."kid" Joe give it up man...you just don't know man....it's okay..just like I don't know the hot hangout spots out where you live but I'm sure you do...I just don't know that area..no big deal man....
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1989
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : South GA

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 12:13 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
lets see theres tons of people trying to be Rza everywhere:

4th disciple, true master, mathematics ...they get a pass though

Stoupe is heavily influenced by him,
Kanye is HEAVILY influenced by him...just listen to "Heartless" you can hear "Liquid Swords" (the song) influenced all over that

J Dilla
Bronze Nazareth
Decompoze
PF Cuttin
Blue Sky Black Death
Snowgoons
DJ Muggs' newer material
Shuko
Southpaw
DJ Devastator
Agallah


EVERY underground Myspace producer tries to be him or Primo and fails miserably

That song by heartless always reminded me of Alchemist's beat on Prodigy's Keep It Thoro.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 12:14 pm

And then once "Kid" Joe has that number of emcees who actually began their careers in hip-hop because of Run-D.M.C. then he can see who those emcees that were influenced by Run-D.M.C. influenced as well and get an even deeper perspective of how large the NUMBER of influence really is....I hope your really good with numbers "Kid" Joe??? lol

get your calculator man!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 1:00 pm

My point exactly, Powell. It can't be measured, there is no true quantity. There is no fact, no right or wrong.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 1:37 pm

And the question wouldn't be 'Did Run DMC influence you?'.

It would be 'Who influenced you more, Run DMC or Wu?'

You're guess is as good as anybody's as to what that survey would reveal.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 1:46 pm

ummm okay "Kid" Joe, I see ya man...lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 1:47 pm

Your struggling with it too..lol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 1:50 pm

Nah - Kid Joe graps the concept entirely... indeed the question is who influenced a particular artist more. Also given the literal explosion of rappers post 2000 chances are one of the more modern groups will end up having the greatest influence on these new rappers so they would even win out based on Powell and KJ's flawed criteria.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 1:54 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
Nah - Kid Joe graps the concept entirely... indeed the question is who influenced a particular artist more. Also given the literal explosion of rappers post 2000 chances are one of the more modern groups will end up having the greatest influence on these new rappers so they would even win out based on Powell and KJ's flawed criteria.

How do you know that SRP??? that's sounds like flawed and actually stupid logic to me man
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 1:58 pm

I stated "chances are" meaning I think there is a higher probability of it... when Soulja Boy calls 50 Cent old school chances are slim that the new generation will be using Run DMC as inspiration.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 1:58 pm

if that's the case SRP I'm sure that Lil Wayne would beat Wu-Tang and Run-D.M.C. as the greatest influence on the newest generation right???

So is Lil Wayne the greatest influence on hip-hop culture and music because he might happen to influence this newer generation a little bit more???

Is Lil Wayne the most important and influential hip-hop artist of all-time??
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:02 pm

Honestly SRP I don't care about the newest generation and their influences..they are the ones who have made the worst hip-hop music in it's entire history man..post 2000 has been the most disgusting hip-hop music overall ever created, I think most of these kids were influenced by either you or "Kid" Joe who the hells knows...

I'm talking about the HIP-HOP culture and music.....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:03 pm

By your criteria Powell - the answer might be yes.

You and KJ have been arguing that Run DMC's influence should measured by the number of rappers and producers they inspired to begin rapping, etc. By that measure I wouldn't doubt Lil' Wayne gives them a run for their money.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:06 pm

Run-D.M.C. wins and this is a fact...

if your credited with your album being the spark to the hip-hop "Golden Ages" then you win the whole shit hands down and quite fuckin easily.....

there is a reason why Run-D.M.C.'s album is mentioned as the firestarter man.....

they are the ones man...I could debate this shit forever and still know the truth....it's actually quite easy to see unless your Ray Charles (RIP)


Last edited by D.Powell on Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:08 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
By your criteria Powell - the answer might be yes.

You and KJ have been arguing that Run DMC's influence should measured by the number of rappers and producers they inspired to begin rapping, etc. By that measure I wouldn't doubt Lil' Wayne gives them a run for their money.

That ain't MY criteria SRP because Lil Wayne is your generations main influence does not make him the most important and influential hip-hop figure of all-time man...stop that

that's your criteria not mine
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:09 pm

That's not your criteria now because you just changed it because it wasn't working for you.

So yes, under your criteria of which album kick started the golden age in powell's opinion, then you win.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:10 pm

That is exactly the criteria you're using Powell

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:16 pm

I'm using the criteria that Lil Wayne is the most important and influential hip-hop artist of all-time??

really Terry?? explain man?? because I'm talking about of all-time right now, not just one generations influence..OF ALL-TIME and I'm saying that Run-D.M.C. wins when discussing all-time

now if we want to go through generations then people like

50 Cent
Wu-Tang
Lil Wayne
Nelly
Jay-Z
A Tribe Called Quest
Outkast
Diddy
Biggie
KRS-One
Chuck D
Souljah Boi
Kanye West
T-Pain
2Pac
LL Cool J
DMX

and a few others must be included but I'm talking about OF ALL-TIME Terry and SRP, so please explain what you guys mean??


Last edited by D.Powell on Thu 24 Sep 2009, 9:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:18 pm

I'm not going to explain it to you. the train of thought isn't hard to follow, and if you don't have it by now, you'll never have it. just cut bait now, ok?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:20 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I'm not going to explain it to you. the train of thought isn't hard to follow, and if you don't have it by now, you'll never have it. just cut bait now, ok?

OF ALL-TIME TERRY, all the words big enough for you to follow...you cut bait..I thought you did that two days ago and your country ass showed up again today...lol

what for?? your not adding anything to this so beat it!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:22 pm

nah, i do what i want to do when i want to do it. i'll say what i feel. don't be so sensitive. if you don't like to be called out, you should keep your mouth shut. that's the only way to prevent ignorance from coming out of it.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:29 pm

T. Myers wrote:
nah, i do what i want to do when i want to do it. i'll say what i feel. don't be so sensitive. if you don't like to be called out, you should keep your mouth shut. that's the only way to prevent ignorance from coming out of it.

Terry you can't call me out man, you don't have enough knowledge for that my dude...

your like a pitcher who walks the whole fuckin team...what can that pitcher show Nolan Ryan?

Call me Nolan my dude and feel free to learn, there's nothing wrong with it from both sides...when I learn something here I give the person showing me their respect, now you do the same okay??
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:36 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
nah, i do what i want to do when i want to do it. i'll say what i feel. don't be so sensitive. if you don't like to be called out, you should keep your mouth shut. that's the only way to prevent ignorance from coming out of it.

Terry you can't call me out man, you don't have enough knowledge for that my dude...

your like a pitcher who walks the whole fuckin team...what can that pitcher show Nolan Ryan?

Call me Nolan my dude and feel free to learn, there's nothing wrong with it from both sides...when I learn something here I give the person showing me their respect, now you do the same okay??

Aren't you the one who said Grand Puba was top 5 at one time? I think that deserves to be called out. you're knowledgeis limited to golden age east coast acts. it's that simple. like i said, i'll say what i want when i want.

Also, Nolan Ryan was a bad example. How many walks did Nolan Ryan have in his career? How many Cy Youngs did Ryan win? What was his winning percentage? You can be the flashy overrated pitcher. I'll be the underratedquality pitcher like Greg Maddux, ok? Your sports knowledge is no where near mine. so you might want to cool it on that tip too

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:44 pm

See Terry now I'm convinced YOUR SLOW MAN, what do you do again for a living??

For the 50th time I said in the NYC area in the early 90's Grand Puba was considered in the top 5 of all-time..how do I know?? well, I was in the clubs, I listened to the radio and video shows, some of my boys thought this at the time, is everything CLEAR NOW ON THAT ISSUE TERRY?? I can see you need the big words...you have got to work in Mcdonalds man putting out trash...lol

As for Nolan Ryan, he was one of the GOAT pitchers to ever do it Terry, do your homework, you are more like Hideki Irabu or Ted Lily, not Greg Maddux, stop flattering yourself okay..lol
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:49 pm

Powell, you're arguing that they're the most influential 'of all time', yet you say you don't care who influenced newer artists. You can't have it both ways.

Are you familiar with exponential growth? How about the 'snowball effect'?

Hip-hop has taken off globally since the original 36 in ways nobody ever dreamed of before that.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:52 pm

No, you said Puba was top 5 dead or alive, and i called you on it. After being called out, you said some people considered him top 5, and then you said, you didn't always agree with it. Now you're saying it was strictly based on NYC mc's? BDK, KGR, KRS, Rakim, LL, and Chuck D are east coast cats. When was Puba ever better? Now, keep your mouth shut on that one.

Nolan Ryan appears to be great because he was a power pitcher who pitched 25-26 years, and he was able to collect a ton of strike outs. Do you know his walks per 9 innings? Do you know his winning percentage? Do you know how many Cy Youngs he won in his career? Do you know how many all star teams he made in his 25-26 years? I'm sure you don't, but google is a greattool right? Nolan Ryan isn't half the pitcher Greg Maddux was/is.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:54 pm

Powell is only familiar with Jeeps, Fila Track suits, and Kangols. Now i'm sure the old timer will respond with some sort of joke about grits and being from the south, but that's ok. The funny thing is that it doesn't apply to me cause i'm not from the south. I just happen to live here.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 2:58 pm

Terry go show me where I said Puba was top 5 dead or alive...go pull up the quote where I said that Terry and didn't phrase it the way I just did for your extra slow ass now and while your at it pull up the PE video that shows how they are the most important and influential group of all-time like you said you would....do those things Terry or shut the fuck up man! show me baby bubba...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 3:05 pm

I don't have to show you. Everyone knows you said it my man. Senility is a crazy thing, isn't it? As for the PE videos, why bother? most people already agree with me.

Also, i will say what i want when i want to. telling me to shut up is just a way for you to puff out your chest and stroke your ego. I hope it makes you feel bigger and badder.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   

Back to top Go down
 
Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries
» Cadia NEW Female Rock/Pop Group
» Dave Paris Group
» Stalk-Forrest Group
» SHPH FB Group Registration

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Classic Threads and Discussions-
Jump to: