Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the better album?

Go down 
4 posters

What is the better album
Rev Run - Distortion
What is the better album? Vote_lcap100%What is the better album? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
DMC - Checks Thugs and Hip Hop
What is the better album? Vote_lcap0%What is the better album? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

What is the better album? Empty
PostSubject: What is the better album?   What is the better album? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 10:43 pm

What post Run DMC path do you follow?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: What is the better album?   What is the better album? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 9:56 am

Honestly, I have not checked them out. "Down with the King" is the last album I bought from Run-DMC. Skipped "Crown Royal" due to bad reviews. Too scared to check out the solos in fear of wackness.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: What is the better album?   What is the better album? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 10:12 am

The solos aren't really wack. You just have to go into them with an open mind and realize that it's no longer Run DMC as a group, but rather each individual exploring thier own creativity. Run's solo is closer to the Run DMC style then anything.

Good call on not picking up Crown Royal as it's not a true Run DMC album, but more of a collab with Run and a bunch of other acts. DMC only appears on two or three tracks with relatively simple verses (less then 16 bars).
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: What is the better album?   What is the better album? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 12:53 pm

I checked both of them. From what I remember -- since both are forgettable -- Rev Run had the better album. Production gives Run the edge because both flows are pretty much stone age.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: What is the better album?   What is the better album? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:49 pm

I agree. I'm not too sure about DMC's new rapping voice either. Or I should say his true rapping voice.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: What is the better album?   What is the better album? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:50 pm

I was just trying to jump on this Run DMC wagon that you guys got going here. Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: What is the better album?   What is the better album? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:52 pm

Alan wrote:
Honestly, I have not checked them out. "Down with the King" is the last album I bought from Run-DMC. Skipped "Crown Royal" due to bad reviews. Too scared to check out the solos in fear of wackness.

i did the exact same thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the better album?   What is the better album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the better album?
Page 1 of 1