Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning

Go down 
+8
Funk Seoul Brother
Cory
Z-membu
T. Myers
D.Powell
ACRID"
Half
Dang! Trotter
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Empty
PostSubject: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 1:41 am

Considering this is everyone's forum I think it is only fair we update you on something that happened a few days ago. Due to his behavior and constant rule breaking, the admin team or Terry and I felt we had to ban Steve for good.

Though Steve has long been a polarizing figure, he had coexisted with the forum. Lately, he had continously resorted to personal attacks towards members of the forum, specifically Kool John.

As the admin team we felt that the behavior was not conducive to a true free forum community. We gave him plenty of warnings and he refused to calm down, so finally we felt his banning was what was best for the forum.

We realize this place has died a bit lately, we're trying to get more activity going.

Feel free to post and post often, recs, questions, off-topics, etc and invite people who may know or from other forums etc. etc.

We feel this place should be a community where people should be free to post and talk music and not worry about being attacked, etc. While we are not trying to be big brother, and a little good natured joking or heated discussion is no problem, but from here on out we ask that we try to respect all forum members equally.

Thanks.

Kendrick Davis AKA Jeru AKA King Sun Moon AKA Bunnydamus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 2:52 am

Isn't 2pac's Ghost the same person too?
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 3:44 am

Ehhhh, you still shouldn't have banned him. Or atleast had a vote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:04 am

I'm glad steve and I squashed our beef but I still feel he was a plague for the most part. I understood how he jokes and some others got it also but he would just attack new cats without even feeling them out first. that is what made me mad because it is already hard to get consistant members and he has drove off plenty. Steve knew his hip hop and he added to the debates and discussions when he was being serious and that will be missed but he would filip so fast sometimes it was unreal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 9:23 am

Yeah K. Rob - after the fact as we were discussing that we did realize that his flipping and attacking new members was not doing the forum any good either.

And Trotter - to keep this place running smoothly and keep the forum cool, certain things just won't really be up to a vote. We're not crazy about monitoring people, like I said, but sometimes action has to be taken.

We don't expect this to be a problem we should run into again.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 10:47 am

2Pac's Ghost is still here, so I don't know what you guys are talking about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:42 am

He's been banned indefinitely - we haven't deleted his account I guess - but all that would do would be change all his posts to Guest - might do that since we don't want him back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 3:11 pm

What stops him from creating a fake account?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 3:14 pm

We would just delete him if he created a fake one and started up again. I would IP ban him but he's used like 20 different IPs so it would be of no use. Just don't worry about it and let it be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 3:23 pm

I'm glad that this decision was made.

It's a shame that it had to come to that, but that is all Steve's doing. Personally, I got sick and tired of being personally attacked for no reason everytime I posted. He has been doing that to me for the better part of the past month, almost to the point where I contimplated quitting the forum. It happened every day last week, and the last straw was on Saturday in the chatbox.

I know that Steve has his friends here, but think about it. Wouldn't it piss you off if somebody was talking down to you as if you were a lesser human being? Or they put your personal information on the forum like he did with my Facebook page? It got out of control. The ONLY reason I didn't quit the forum is because I would have been letting him win if I did. He was saying shit like "You're a bum because you wash windows for a living" and "If I were you, I'd committ suicide". What kind of person says that shit?

I'm a pretty easy going guy, and I'll admit that I have rubbed some people the wrong way here (no homo) but I don't personally attack anyone unless they do it to me first.

I have absolutely NO respect for Steve whatsoever. He was the definition of a cyber gangster, basically talking shit because he knew he could hide behind the computer screen. I never asked for his banning though, that decision was made by Terry and supported by Clancey/SRP but I definitely agree with the decision, because it's clear that he will never change his ways. If it's too much to ask for him to not make personal attacks then he shouldn't be here and I'm glad his bitch ass is gone.

Hopefully, this place can become fun again and become a healthier environment for everyone to discuss hip-hop peacefully. I know that there's always gonna be disagreements, but at least we can do so respectfully.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 3:52 pm

Good Riddance.....

-acrid.1ner
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 7:13 pm

As much as what I feel what he did to Kj was wrong and it was wrong and I told him my opinion on it I still don't think he should've been banned for good, that is a bit extreme to me..

He did add certain things to the forum....I think a more effective method would have been to ban him for a week at a time..meaning everytime he went to far overboard you just ban his ass for a week at a time , which would have meant that he would either gotten tired of being banned constantly and left the forum himself for good or he would have been forced to changed his ways...that would seem like a more effective way to handle someone like Steve

again what he did to Kj was wack, immature and wrong and for that he should have been banned immediately for a week...then after that time was up you let him back in with a warning to chillout...of course Steve would probably have gone overboard again and then found himself banned again for another week...that kind of treatment would make anyone tired of it eventually and force something to change...

I say un-ban him and try this method and see if it works....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 7:16 pm

A Zebra can't change its stripes
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 7:19 pm

T. Myers wrote:
A Zebra can't change its stripes

maybe not but the constant banning would have forced even Steve to do something...trust me there..he can't post anything if he's banned so much so it defeats his purpose of trying to cause chaos..lol

eventually he would have either left the forum alone on his own or have been forced to make some changes...plain and simple

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 28 Sep 2009, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:18 pm

I never really new him, but it seemed to me he was a bad seed.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:21 pm

I came back because i heard he was gone. You cant have a decent conversation on here without him throwing an attack
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:24 pm

Indeed Cory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:36 pm

Steve has always had a problem with authority - in fact he only kept acting out because we called him out to begin with. The one week bans would not have helped.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:51 pm

The Genius wrote:
I came back because i heard he was gone. You cant have a decent conversation on here without him throwing an attack

Welcome back GZA the Genius
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:53 pm

^^ thanks man, who is the real real jeru
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:54 pm

The Genius wrote:
^^ thanks man, who is the real real jeru

Jeru the Damaja finally decided to join our forum cause a bunch of these wack youngn's where trying to impersonate him.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:56 pm

^^ yeah its a good thing he did. what does he have to say about all the people on here hating on his first 2 albums and saying they are not classic
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:59 pm

The Genius wrote:
^^ yeah its a good thing he did. what does he have to say about all the people on here hating on his first 2 albums and saying they are not classic

I really don't know, the real Jeru and the jeru wannabes just get into it about who is the real one and blah blah blah. I'm starting to think I AM THE REAL JERU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 9:00 pm

All my albums are classic. No need to address me in the third person - I'm right here Genius. Still Rising out now - Still Still Rising Math coming in 2010.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 9:01 pm

The Genius wrote:

LOL, that's SRP.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 9:02 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
All my albums are classic. No need to address me in the third person - I'm right here Genius. Still Rising out now - Still Still Rising Math coming in 2010.

lol i didnt realize you still dropped music.

so who are you really

- edit =- nevermind thanks KJ
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 9:18 pm

Still Still Rising Math... hahaha
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 9:46 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
\\

What about that fingernail filler of an album you did with Mizmarzel? That album was a cockdookie! You guys couldnt have came up with a better name for yourselves than SuperHuman Klik? C'mon! Why not just name yourselves Wondertwins?. Also, did you bone Mizmarzel? Did you knock her up and left her in the cold? Is that why she's seem to fall into obscurity
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 9:51 pm

Ha! I didnt even know the Real Real Jeru was SRP. I thought SRP and Steve was genuine, but buddies!
Oh I mean genuine Buttbuddies!!!
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 1:56 am

Steve was an asshole, but his insults will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Illmatic1991
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Illmatic1991

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 2:26 am

He was an asshole to me as well. I for one am glad I don't have to put up with his bullshit anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning   Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Information: Steve/SoulSeeker Banning
Page 1 of 1