Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots

Go down 
5 posters

Who is Better?
Run DMC
Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Vote_lcap17%Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
The Roots
Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Vote_lcap83%Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Vote_rcap
 83% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Empty
PostSubject: Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots   Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:44 am

Who is better?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots   Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:47 am

If we're talking strictly about the quality of music, then I have to go with The Roots.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots   Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:48 am

Any criteria goes. Quality, impact, influence, who you would rank higher if you made a top ten GOAT group list, etc.

I think quality of music and longevity of career with high quality of music swings this one to The Roots for me.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots   Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 12:17 pm

SRP are you stalking Run-D.M.C.?? why are they being matched up against every group that ever came out? is it because you want to prove to yourself that there is another hip-hop group out there with more importance and influence than them??

your funny man

anyway The Roots get the vote for quality of music and overall talent and Run,Dee and Jay get the vote for importance and influence to hip-hop culture...SRP, Run-D.M.C. is not losing to any group in regards to importance and influence...they may lose in the talent department to more than a few groups but not in importance and influence to the overall hip-hop culture..

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 28 Sep 2009, 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots   Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 12:19 pm

I've repeated this multiple times Powell:

These threads are for discussion about groups and to guage how accurate our top 10 rankings were as far as location in specific top ten.

Nothing more, nothing less. I am not out to attack or discredit any group or anything. I respect Run DMC immensely and bump them too, so get over all that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots   Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 12:58 pm

The Roots win overall but RunDmc have more timeless classic singles hands down and influence.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots   Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 1:40 pm

For personal replay value, I give it to The Roots. Though honestly, if I could look at an accurate log of how many times a I spun a CD from each group, it would be extremely close. Roots by a nose hair.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots   Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 2:09 pm

i gotta go with the Roots since i listen to them more and i like them better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots   Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 2:58 pm

I still think this is pointless and wack to be honest with you.

I give it to the Roots as well, but not by much. Black Thought is the best rapper between the two groups, but Run-DMC does have the best album between the two groups in Raising Hell.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots   Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 3:21 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
i gotta go with the Roots since i listen to them more and i like them better

Me too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots   Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group Battle Day 3: Run-DMC vs. The Roots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: