Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best hip hop song ever created

Go down 
+3
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Shaun
Cory
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

Best hip hop song ever created Empty
PostSubject: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 1:26 pm

I have been listening to this song a lot for the last several months since it came out. I have been addicted to it since day one and i think im ready to call it one of the best songs ever crafted in hip hop. Im talking about Move On by Slaughterhouse. I got it somewhere between Times Up and Live At The Barbeque.

Anyone else got some newer hip hop songs they think are top 25 worthy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 5:30 pm

That's a good song, but nowhere near the best ever made.

It's not even the best song on the Slaughterhouse album. I'd take Cut You Loose, Microphone, or Lyrical Murderers over that one.

Times Up and Live At The BBQ are definitely among the Top 50-75 for me though.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 5:44 pm

while i understand lots of people no agreeing with me on this one im surprised to see you like some other songs over Move on. Those are decent tracks though, i hated lyrical murderers.

The thing i like about move on is the beat is great, theres no gay hook. they are all spitting meaningful shit and have nice verses. there are lots of lines and content in the song a can relate to and it just sounds good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 6:33 pm

Don't get me wrong, Move On is dope. I just don't see it as one of the best songs ever made.

BTW, dope avatar!!!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 8:05 pm

"It's not even the best song on the Slaughterhouse album. I'd take Cut You Loose, Microphone, or Lyrical Murderers over that one."

Move On wasn't on the album...

But anyways, I like Sound Off slightly better than Move On, but both would easily be in my top 10 of the year. I think "In Remembrance" by Blu & Exile would fall into my top 25-30 of all time, though
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 1:47 am

Hmmm there are a few of new songs that would fall in my top 30. Blue Scholars have a couple of songs on there, Gabriel Teodros "No Label [Esma Remix]" is on there. Blu & Exile "The World Is (Below the Heavens...)" and "So(ul) Amazin' (Steel Blazin')" as well. Grip Grand "Poppin' Pockets Remix" featuring A.G. makes the back end of 25-30. There maybe others, but those are the ones that come to mind.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 10:07 am

yeah im starting to get more and more new songs into my top 25 which used to be straight old school goldenage. So(ul) Amazin being one of them
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 7:03 pm

hmm A new song that would crack my top 25 of all-time?? can't think of even one...and I'm not trying to be funny, but my top 25 songs of all-time consists of such gems like

The Message
Sucker MC's
Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos
Rock The Bells
Electric Relaxation
Verbal Intercourse

and that's just six of 'em...not my top six either but just six I've decided to list

I like So(ul) Amazin too as an example...or Lovin' It and many others but none of these joints have much of a chance of crackin' my top 25 hip-hop joints of all-time! Some new shit is dope as hell but in terms of making my top 25 of all-time.....NOPE!

Last edited by D.Powell on Fri 16 Oct 2009, 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 7:49 pm

Well D Powell of coarse your not going to like anything new. And even if you did you would never let the hiphop4life forum know it. lol
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 7:56 pm

Little Brother - Say It Again

That song is pretty sick. Not sure anyone will agree... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 8:01 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Little Brother - Say It Again

That song is pretty sick. Not sure anyone will agree... Embarassed

That's been my favorite Little Brother song since the day I heard it. Also my most-played LB song.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 8:11 pm

Same here. Pounds knows whats up!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 8:16 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Same here. Pounds knows whats up!

That hook has stayed in my head for days at a time....in a good way....not like a Hurricane Chris way. Just a real fun summer/party type song too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 11:51 pm

D.Powell wrote:
hmm A new song that would crack my top 25 of all-time?? can't think of even one...and I'm not trying to be funny, but my top 25 songs of all-time consists of such gems like

The Message
Sucker MC's
Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos
Rock The Bells
Electric Relaxation
Verbal Intercourse

and that's just six of 'em...not my top six either but just six I've decided to list

I like So(ul) Amazin too as an example...or Lovin' It and many others but none of these joints have much of a chance of crackin' my top 25 hip-hop joints of all-time! Some new shit is dope as hell but in terms of making my top 25 of all-time.....NOPE!

I feel ya man. There's a few new tracks that could possibly make my Top 50 but not my Top 25.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:16 pm

Blu and Exile-Show Me The Good Life feat. Aloe Blac
Cunninlynguists-Brain Cell
UGK-International Players Anthem

Those are just some off the top of my head....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:26 pm

I think it takes years to get songs up in that category, to be perfectly honest. For every new Haystak song I think is dope, I'm not gonna put it in the "Know The Ledge"/"Protect Ya Neck" etc etc category. The most recent examples of songs that I'd put up there would be "In Da Club", "Lose Yourself", etc...stuff that's at least 5 years old and they aren't touching the top 10.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 3:36 am

I gotta agree with Cory on this one, "Move On">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. This song has crept up to being my favorite song of the year. I love this song, 8 minutes of dopeness! Man I wish they included this song on the album.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best hip hop song ever created   Best hip hop song ever created Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best hip hop song ever created
Page 1 of 1