Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?

Go down 
+3
Shaun
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Empty
PostSubject: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 10:59 am

Since I did one for Pac, I figured I'd do one for Big, even though they're aren't as many Big clones as Pac clones:

Gravy

Shyne

Guerilla Black

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 11:00 am

Oh shit, and of course honorable mention to Jay-Z.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 12:50 pm

Jay-Z deserves an honorable mention in all of these threads lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 12:55 pm

Indeed, indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 2:56 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Jay-Z deserves an honorable mention in all of these threads lmao

Yeah when talking about the greats.....anyway I agree with all mentioned including Jay. I feel Big was influenced by Heavy D's style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 11:27 pm

Kev, you can't seriously compare Heavy D to Biggie. Even Steve would go off on this one. Heavy was a monosyllabic rhyming one flow having nobody compared to Biggie's breathless effortless polysyllabic punchline having flow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 12:28 am

Listen to Blue Funk and Peaceful Journey and then listen to his verse on Ready For Dem on 19NaughtyIII. I truly think Big was heavly influenced by Hev his his rhyme cadence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 12:31 am

Alright Kev I'll give those a spin and be back with a verdict.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 12:06 pm

Big Pun bit biggie because he is fat and dead. But really because he admits it in the funkmaster flex interlude on capital punishment. Still not a player was his one more chance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 2:49 pm

This is an EASY QUESTION!!!

The correct answer is JAY-Z!!! Anybody who disagrees only needs to go back and listen to all the Biggie lines he's bitten throughout his career (and still does!!)

It pisses me off that some people list Jay over Biggie on their GOAT lists when it's EASY to see that if it weren't for Biggie, Jay wouldn't have ascended to the heights he has. Biggie is clearly his biggest influence and is a better lyricist than Jay.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 7:15 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
It pisses me off that some people list Jay over Biggie on their GOAT lists when it's EASY to see that if it weren't for Biggie, Jay wouldn't have ascended to the heights he has. Biggie is clearly his biggest influence and is a better lyricist than Jay.

I think everything you said is true, but i'm one of the people who list Jay over Biggie. Is Biggie's influence present? Absolutely! Is Biggie a better lysricist? I'm not so sure. Worst case scenario, their lyricism is probably too close to call for me. What separates them to me is i prefer Jay's word play and voice more. It's not so much what Jay says(although he is a dope lyricist). It's more of how he says it. Plus, i just listen to Jay way more often. His albums have more replay value to me. I'd Be lying if i told you I spun Life After Death a lot. Ready To Die gets plenty of spins from me, but The Blueprint, Reasonable Doubt, In My Lifetime Vol. 1, The Black Album, and etc get plenty of spins from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 7:23 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I think everything you said is true, but i'm one of the people who list Jay over Biggie. Is Biggie's influence present? Absolutely! Is Biggie a better lysricist? I'm not so sure. Worst case scenario, their lyricism is probably too close to call for me. What separates them to me is i prefer Jay's word play and voice more. It's not so much what Jay says(although he is a dope lyricist). It's more of how he says it. Plus, i just listen to Jay way more often. His albums have more replay value to me. I'd Be lying if i told you I spun Life After Death a lot. Ready To Die gets plenty of spins from me, but The Blueprint, Reasonable Doubt, In My Lifetime Vol. 1, The Black Album, and etc get plenty of spins from me.

I respect your opinion, and I play those Jay albums too but Ready To Die trumps them all IMO. I also love Life After Death and spin it as often as any Jay album except for maybe Reasonable Doubt.

Also, listen to the songs that both men are featured together (Brooklyn's Finest, I Love The Dough, Whutchu Want) Biggie always comes out with the doper lines IMO.

Don't get me wrong, Jay is one of my all time favorite MC's, but Biggie is better to me because Jay got his whole style from him. Not to mention that Biggie was clearly the King of NY when he was alive whereas Jay didn't become a strong contender for that crown until around the time Vol 1 came out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 7:27 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Listen to Blue Funk and Peaceful Journey and then listen to his verse on Ready For Dem on 19NaughtyIII. I truly think Big was heavly influenced by Hev his his rhyme cadence.

Yeah, I can see that. While Biggie was a better lyricist than Hev, they did have a similar flow and cadence.

I think Biggie's biggest influence though was King Aziatic himself, Big Daddy Kane.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 7:37 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I respect your opinion, and I play those Jay albums too but Ready To Die trumps them all IMO. I also love Life After Death and spin it as often as any Jay album except for maybe Reasonable Doubt.

Most people will like Ready To Die more than any Jay album, but that wasn't my point. My point wasn't about who had the best album, but if we are being honest, i like Blueprint the most between the two. However, both albums would fall in my top 25 somewhere between 11-25. So the gap wasn't really worth mentioning. My point was just that i spin Jay more, and i was just listing those albums as albums i play on the regular.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 7:58 pm

"It pisses me off that some people list Jay over Biggie on their GOAT lists when it's EASY to see that if it weren't for Biggie, Jay wouldn't have ascended to the heights he has. Biggie is clearly his biggest influence and is a better lyricist than Jay."

I also put Jay over BIG on my list, but it's not because Jay is better. To me, Biggie is 1000X (not that much, but I think it was necessary...) better than Jay, lyrically. Jay has 2 (maybe 3) albums that I would put over Ready To Die. Black Album is a no brainer for me; it's my favorite Jay album, and it would probably fall in my personal top 50. Reasonable Doubt and RTD are about neck and neck for me. On certain days, I would throw Blueprint over it, too. So that's 3 that I would put over BIG's best album, and I would put Vol. 1, BP3, and maybe American Gangster over LAD. If Biggie's life wasn't cut short, however, it would most likely be a no brainer on who would be ahead of who...
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 8:19 pm

Reasonable Doubt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 8:23 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:

Thank you Tran. That was greatly beneficial to the conversation. We are all smarter for having read that. I applaud you good sir.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 8:24 pm

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 8:31 pm

Terry, you've that exact (or close enough) response before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 8:39 pm

I think Jay is betta than Big lyrically, sorry fellas. I agree there is mos def some influence on Jay but the buck stops there. Jay always had the swag style just with a more rapid flow and I think Kane is more influence on Jay also. Big just got his deal before Jay but from what i've read and heard Jay was always trying to get on before than and always was rapping with that cocky demeanor.

Also for the last time Jay does not "bite" Biggie rhymes because we all know and he knows we know they are Biggie's lines. Jay comes a lot off the dome and I think its comes natural at times for him to throw a Big line in the rhyme.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 8:52 pm

Shaun wrote:
Terry, you've that exact (or close enough) response before

what? I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 8:59 pm

It was a while ago. It was either to Powell or KJ, I forget, lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 9:00 pm

Shaun wrote:
It was a while ago. It was either to Powell or KJ, I forget, lol

I'm not sure that was me, but it could have been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 2:39 am

KRob86 wrote:
I think Jay is betta than Big lyrically, sorry fellas. I agree there is mos def some influence on Jay but the buck stops there. Jay always had the swag style just with a more rapid flow and I think Kane is more influence on Jay also. Big just got his deal before Jay but from what i've read and heard Jay was always trying to get on before than and always was rapping with that cocky demeanor.

Also for the last time Jay does not "bite" Biggie rhymes because we all know and he knows we know they are Biggie's lines. Jay comes a lot off the dome and I think its comes natural at times for him to throw a Big line in the rhyme.

I respect your opinion Kev, but I disagree entirely.

Sure, Jay was around before he hooked up with Biggie, but in the Originators/Jaz-O days he was wack. He was spittin that Hawaiian Sophie bullshit. It wasn't until he got with Biggie and Damon Dash that he switched his style up.

Jay DOES bit Biggie's lines. In fact, he bites a lot of people's lines he just does it with Biggie the most often. In fact, he steals whole Biggie concepts and makes songs out of them. I'm not saying he's never original, but it's clear to see that he wouldn't have gotten to the level he's gotten to if it weren't for Biggie. If Big were still alive, he'd be the Scottie Pippen to Biggie's Michael Jordan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 2:40 am

T. Myers wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:

Thank you Tran. That was greatly beneficial to the conversation. We are all smarter for having read that. I applaud you good sir.

LOL obvious sarcasm!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 10:08 am

KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I respect your opinion Kev, but I disagree entirely.

Sure, Jay was around before he hooked up with Biggie, but in the Originators/Jaz-O days he was wack. He was spittin that Hawaiian Sophie bullshit. It wasn't until he got with Biggie and Damon Dash that he switched his style up.

Jay DOES bit Biggie's lines. In fact, he bites a lot of people's lines he just does it with Biggie the most often. In fact, he steals whole Biggie concepts and makes songs out of them. I'm not saying he's never original, but it's clear to see that he wouldn't have gotten to the level he's gotten to if it weren't for Biggie. If Big were still alive, he'd be the Scottie Pippen to Biggie's Michael Jordan.

We just define biting differntley then because to me he is just coming off the dome and a Big rhyme pops in his head. I mean have you noticed everytime he raps a Big line it is one of Bigs most popular lines? To me that shows he is not trying to "bite" the man just pay homage. I rarely hear him borrow other emcee's rhymes and like I have said plenty before in the Source borrowed line section Jay is never the only one in all of of them.

Big i'm sure did not start off as awesome as you may think, I mean I hear some of his pre Ready To Die rhymes and they were kinda elementary at times. Jay was always on some smooth shit and I truly think they influenced each other.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 10:00 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Kev, you can't seriously compare Heavy D to Biggie. Even Steve would go off on this one. Heavy was a monosyllabic rhyming one flow having nobody compared to Biggie's breathless effortless polysyllabic punchline having flow.

Excellent comparison Kev and actually right on point man...N3RO as usual remains clueless about hip-hop outside of Iowa

Biggie is more lyrical than Hev, but anyone can see the obvious influence..and Hev is hardly a one flow having nobody N3RO...I can tell by that idiotic comment that you don't know his work nor lyrical skills man....lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 10:05 pm

As far as who influenced whom between Jay-Z and Biggie well that too is quite obvious.....Kev you said that some of Biggie's rhymes pre-Ready To Die were kinda elementary but that Jay was always on that smooth shit but that's not even true man...Jay-Z used to be on the Jaz-O/Fu-Shnickens/Das EFX tip....he was rapping fast and studderring man...

Biggie influenced the hell out of that "smooth" Jay-Z style man...as well as Nas too...starting with Jay's lead single "Dead Presidents"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 10:36 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Biggie influenced the hell out of that "smooth" Jay-Z style man...as well as Nas too...starting with Jay's lead single "Dead Presidents"...

"Jay always had the swag style just with a more rapid flow and I think Kane is more influence on Jay also. Big just got his deal before Jay but from what i've read and heard Jay was always trying to get on before than and always was rapping with that cocky demeanor. "

Powell this is what I originally said....I know he had that fast style at first.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 10:54 pm

"Jay-Z used to be on the Jaz-O/Fu-Shnickens/Das EFX tip....he was rapping fast and studderring man.."

"One checkin it two, checkin it three
Check out the j, check out the a, check out the y, check out the z
Aight g!
I’m breaking mc’s up like epmd
And these nuts if you rappers tryin ta see me
I’m buckwild with styles, ta-dow
I’ve been in it runnin a hundred miles I’m well endowed, baby gal
Uhh, the greatest bunny to touch it, you bunnies can’t fuck with
The, incredible skills of the g from brooklyn, big up kid
And ain’t no eatin me up, you fast fuckin with jigga
I’m like prince jeans, I bring the ass out a bunny
When I rock it it’s in the pocket, baby mop it don’t knock it
Till you try it, once you start, you can’t stop it"

Indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 12:03 am

Again Powell get some new insults. Those are showing some rust.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 1:31 am

Id say Gravy bit 50cent's style more than anything
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 7:40 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Again Powell get some new insults. Those are showing some rust.

I'll get some "new" insults when you get some new avatars...
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 7:57 pm

Biggie also stated that he was also influenced by Buckshot when Enta Da Stage came out. Biggie wanted to incorporate that type of hardcore rhyming style on the Ready To Die album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?   Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Is The Biggest Biggie Biter?
Page 1 of 1