Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Bow Wow's Top 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Bow Wow's Top 5   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 6:01 pm

Check this shit out:

http://allhiphop.com/stories/reviewsmusic/archive/2009/09/22/21947761.aspx
Back to top Go down
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
avatar

Posts : 168
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 32
Location : Washington D.C.

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 6:11 pm

Nice list
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
avatar

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2009-05-28
Age : 36
Location : Bankhead SHAWTY and we'll take yo COOKIE!

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 6:40 pm

That's respectable list.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 7:02 pm

I like the Special Ed inclusion...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 9:41 pm

Does Bow Wow really understand hip-hop?? from that list I might just say he does...that's a very dope list!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 9:47 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Does Bow Wow really understand hip-hop?? from that list I might just say he does...that's a very dope list!

Yeah, i was surprised by his list. There's obviously a reason why people tend to list LL as one of their GOAT's. Obviously his later albums aren't enough reason to discount the man's earlier work. People could learn a thing or two. LL is the fuckin man.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 11:38 pm

I think that's a wack ass list but people are just saying it's "respectable" because they were expecting Souljah Boi, Lil Wayne, Plies, etc etc etc. If some one on this forum said their top 5 was LL, Big, Pac, Big L, and Special Ed I would either call bullshit or call them a clown. I would say yeah, it's now apparent that Bow Wow knows something about hip hop but honestly I would expect him to.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 9:58 am

N3R0 wrote:
I think that's a wack ass list but people are just saying it's "respectable" because they were expecting Souljah Boi, Lil Wayne, Plies, etc etc etc. If some one on this forum said their top 5 was LL, Big, Pac, Big L, and Special Ed I would either call bullshit or call them a clown. I would say yeah, it's now apparent that Bow Wow knows something about hip hop but honestly I would expect him to.


That's not a wack ass list what the fuck are you talking about?? now including Haystak anywhere near a top 300 is WACK, but Bow Wow's list is very respectable!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 11:03 am

I'm glad to know that your only ammo is "Haystak" when you've never heard a single song by dude. And that list still sucks. Here's why:

Biggie-Two albums
LL Cool J-Marred his career with subpar material
Big L-ONE album
Tupac-a respectable inclusion, but let's be honest, dude wasn't even close to the other dude's on this list lyrically
Special Ed-3 albums, a best of, and wack comeback album

Tell me how these dudes are the 5 greatest to ever do it. Please. Tupac and LL Cool J would be respectable inclusions if the other 3 dudes weren't Special Ed, Big L, and Biggie. This is ridiculous. But hey man why don't you bring up how I'm a whiteboy from Iowa and blah blah blah because you have no other arguments.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 11:09 am

N3R0 wrote:
I'm glad to know that your only ammo is "Haystak" when you've never heard a single song by dude. And that list still sucks. Here's why:

Biggie-Two albums
LL Cool J-Marred his career with subpar material
Big L-ONE album
Tupac-a respectable inclusion, but let's be honest, dude wasn't even close to the other dude's on this list lyrically
Special Ed-3 albums, a best of, and wack comeback album

Tell me how these dudes are the 5 greatest to ever do it. Please. Tupac and LL Cool J would be respectable inclusions if the other 3 dudes weren't Special Ed, Big L, and Biggie. This is ridiculous. But hey man why don't you bring up how I'm a whiteboy from Iowa and blah blah blah because you have no other arguments.

Who gives a fuck if Big L has one album or twenty? It was a real pick imo just because of that. He could have easily said Rakim, Pac, G Rap, Jay-Z, Nas and then I may see where you are coming from but I luv the personalization of his list. Y'all kill me with this his later albums shit what about those early albums where LL smashed and dropped nothing but classic singles? I don't give a fuck how the older LL sounds when I know the younger LL was one the best ever. We would be hard pressed to expect someone to sond the same or have the same quality or feel they had when they were a young lion just coming in the game.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 11:48 am

Kev, I appreciate that you came with some facts here, but I think you're misunderstanding my critique. I'm not saying the kid isn't being honest or that he's not knowledgable about hip hop. What I'm saying is, that list isn't all that great and we're just applauding him for not including wack as fuck mc's. Also, what I'm saying is that it wasn't as though he picked the 5 greatest mc's ever, which is what some people seem to be claiming. I have nothing against LL, and at his prime he was one of the best ever, I'm just saying that this isn't some definitive list that came down from the heavens. This just goes to show the double standard that exists in almost everybody's tastes on this forum.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 11:50 am

N3R0 wrote:
I'm glad to know that your only ammo is "Haystak" when you've never heard a single song by dude. And that list still sucks. Here's why:

Biggie-Two albums
LL Cool J-Marred his career with subpar material
Big L-ONE album
Tupac-a respectable inclusion, but let's be honest, dude wasn't even close to the other dude's on this list lyrically
Special Ed-3 albums, a best of, and wack comeback album

Tell me how these dudes are the 5 greatest to ever do it. Please. Tupac and LL Cool J would be respectable inclusions if the other 3 dudes weren't Special Ed, Big L, and Biggie. This is ridiculous. But hey man why don't you bring up how I'm a whiteboy from Iowa and blah blah blah because you have no other arguments.

Fuck Iowa homeboy, what I do know is that everyone on that list is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than that wack ass Haystak that you want to make love to so badly....THIS IS A FACT!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 11:53 am

Exactly. Well put, Powell.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 11:55 am

If he would've included Haystak on his list then I would have been questioning the shit out of that list...things like "why in the world would he put Haystak anywhere on his list".....that would have been a wack list even if he had Cool J, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, KRS-One and Chuck D on it....if Haystak appeared there then that would've made his whole list a big waste of time and wack IMO!...I'm thankful that he didn't put that cupcake on his list...lol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 11:56 am

I'm sure you are
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 1:35 pm

N3R0 wrote:
I think that's a wack ass list but people are just saying it's "respectable" because they were expecting Souljah Boi, Lil Wayne, Plies, etc etc etc. If some one on this forum said their top 5 was LL, Big, Pac, Big L, and Special Ed I would either call bullshit or call them a clown. I would say yeah, it's now apparent that Bow Wow knows something about hip hop but honestly I would expect him to.

I'm not sure what your problem with his list is? Is it Special Ed's inclusion. Those are just the top 5 according to Bow Wow. I took it as his personal opinion. How can that be wrong or laughable? I mean we all know how much you love Bizzy and Stak(as do I), and many of people laugh at us for it. I just don't get the point your trying to make. I don't think the list was safe because there are no KRS and Rakim type mcs on the list. It didn't seem to be cliche to me either cause i fully expected to see him list Snoop Dogg.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 1:51 pm

i dont see what you see the problem is with his list either. Its his personal top 5, who the fuck cares who he puts
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 2:22 pm

T. Myers wrote:
N3R0 wrote:
I think that's a wack ass list but people are just saying it's "respectable" because they were expecting Souljah Boi, Lil Wayne, Plies, etc etc etc. If some one on this forum said their top 5 was LL, Big, Pac, Big L, and Special Ed I would either call bullshit or call them a clown. I would say yeah, it's now apparent that Bow Wow knows something about hip hop but honestly I would expect him to.

I'm not sure what your problem with his list is? Is it Special Ed's inclusion. Those are just the top 5 according to Bow Wow. I took it as his personal opinion. How can that be wrong or laughable? I mean we all know how much you love Bizzy and Stak(as do I), and many of people laugh at us for it. I just don't get the point your trying to make. I don't think the list was safe because there are no KRS and Rakim type mcs on the list. It didn't seem to be cliche to me either cause i fully expected to see him list Snoop Dogg.

Yeah I thought he was gonna list Snoop too.

I was shocked to see him list Big L and Special Ed, but that was cool nonetheless. I honestly think Big L would have become a consensus top MC if he were still alive. I have a newfound respect for Bow Wow's rap knowledge after reading that. We both have the same GOAT Big Grin

As for Jeff, it's really asinine for you to shit on his list, especially when Haystak and Sandman are in your Top 5. Neither of which are as good as any of the MC's Bow Wow mentioned.

And BTW, Big L had TWO albums! And how the fuck is Biggie not a respectable inclusion??? He made a bigger impact on the rap game in 4 years than 98% of rappers have in decades!!! Not to mention being one of the greatest lyricists of all time.

Shit like this is the reason why people have said that your rap taste is the worst on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sat 24 Oct 2009, 11:48 pm

Kj, Haystak and Sandman aren't near my top 5. Fuck yourself. This is why I don't come to this forum, morons just cite two mc's I listen to and act like I say they're the GOATS when I've never said any such thing. You and Powell have the Haystak obsession, not me. You've got his name in your mouth far more than me so go fuck him and maybe it'll finally get out of your system.

And Terry, my problem isn't with his list, I'm just saying that everybody's all "ooh, dope list" like it's some shock (as I said before) he didn't new wack mc's and listed people with talent. I was merely pointing out that if it wasn't Bow Wow's list, a lot more people on here would be shitting all over it. Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1989
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 26
Location : South GA

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sun 25 Oct 2009, 1:13 am

KJ, would you really call the Big Picture a full album? It was only 1/2 finished and when he died they threw on a bunch of guest MC and then released it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sun 25 Oct 2009, 2:24 am

N3R0 wrote:
Kj, Haystak and Sandman aren't near my top 5. Fuck yourself. This is why I don't come to this forum, morons just cite two mc's I listen to and act like I say they're the GOATS when I've never said any such thing. You and Powell have the Haystak obsession, not me. You've got his name in your mouth far more than me so go fuck him and maybe it'll finally get out of your system.

And Terry, my problem isn't with his list, I'm just saying that everybody's all "ooh, dope list" like it's some shock (as I said before) he didn't new wack mc's and listed people with talent. I was merely pointing out that if it wasn't Bow Wow's list, a lot more people on here would be shitting all over it. Jesus.

Haystak is on your GOAT list dude. I remember on the old forum when peeps were asked to list their GOAT lists and Stak was on that shit, so stop lying.

As for Bow Wow's list, it is pretty dope. While I don't feel Big L or Special Ed are Top 5 of all time, it's cool to see someone think outside of the box. I was surprised to hear that he even listens to those cats. It just shows that he has knowledge that most wouldn't have known he had.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sun 25 Oct 2009, 2:26 am

Esco wrote:
KJ, would you really call the Big Picture a full album? It was only 1/2 finished and when he died they threw on a bunch of guest MC and then released it.

I liked the Big Picture better than Lifestylez to be honest. While they're about even lyrically, Big Pictute had much better production.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sun 25 Oct 2009, 9:51 am

I'm not lying douchebag, clearly you're the only person with the balls to make this up. Once upon a time, Kev asked me who some of my favorite mcs were, and in an effort to show my diversity and give people a more clear idea of what I listen to I said "Cage, Haystak, Chino Xl, and Bizzy Bone". Cage definitely isn't anywhere near that anymore and I would never have those 5 dudes on my goat list., So fuck yourself homo.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sun 25 Oct 2009, 11:54 am

N3R0 wrote:
I'm not lying douchebag, clearly you're the only person with the balls to make this up. Once upon a time, Kev asked me who some of my favorite mcs were, and in an effort to show my diversity and give people a more clear idea of what I listen to I said "Cage, Haystak, Chino Xl, and Bizzy Bone". Cage definitely isn't anywhere near that anymore and I would never have those 5 dudes on my goat list., So fuck yourself homo.

YOU go fuck yourself you flaming faggot!! Instead of acting like a little bitch, why don't you drop your real GOAT list??
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sun 25 Oct 2009, 12:15 pm

I have. Wow. Way to act like a 5 year old. Sorry I insulted your GOAT Bow Wow. Didn't know he was that near and dear to your heart.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Sun 25 Oct 2009, 5:06 pm

N3R0 wrote:
I have. Wow. Way to act like a 5 year old. Sorry I insulted your GOAT Bow Wow. Didn't know he was that near and dear to your heart.

You're the one to talk about acting like a 5 year old. Every time someone criticizes your posts or views, you quit the forum.

Bow Wow isn't even in my Top 200 so shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 1:08 am

I quit the forum exactly once. Good try.


And obviously Bow Wow is either in your top 5 or your top 5 are the exact same ones he listed, either way, douchey.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 8:13 am

N3RO you did once before list Haystak in your top five of all-time....now you don't want to admit it because your embarrassed....shit I would be too if I were you, but hey that lonely thing is your top 5 right?? you shouldn't have to answer to anyone for just listing what you feel....I mean if you think that Haystak is a top 5 of all-time emcee well then so be it...right??????? confused
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1989
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 26
Location : South GA

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 8:24 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Esco wrote:
KJ, would you really call the Big Picture a full album? It was only 1/2 finished and when he died they threw on a bunch of guest MC and then released it.

I liked the Big Picture better than Lifestylez to be honest. While they're about even lyrically, Big Pictute had much better production.

ehh I guess I can see some where you're coming from. Personally I liked Lifestylez waaaayyy better than the Big Picture. Though the production is bland on it, I guess its the lyrics that just keep me listening to it over and over. Something I can't do with The BP.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 8:48 am

Lifestylez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Big Picture. Although, i do agree that the production is "better" on The Big Picture. However, the production on Lifestylez fits the mood of the album better. You could just tell that the Big Picture had a posthomous feel to it. Lifestylez was much more organic.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 10:33 am

Powell, I'm not too "emberassed" to list Haystak in my top 5. But again, as I've said a million times, I don't base top 5 on my favorite or most listened to mc's I think it's a matter of talent. I try to leave taste out of it as much as possible. Anyway, at this point, even though I will continue to support Haystak, he's simply lost far too much credibility and released too much subpar material to even be considered a top 5 mc.


And I'm not sure what "Lonely" thing you're talking about? Sandman has a song called "Lonely"? But no, again, I really enjoy his music, but he's only got three albums for rapping almost 15 years and he constantly lies about when he's goin to drop an album so I don't even think about him when I list my favorite mc's. I just went through a period of bumping him a lot like I'm doing with Yelawolf right now.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 12:46 pm

N3R0 wrote:
I quit the forum exactly once. Good try.


And obviously Bow Wow is either in your top 5 or your top 5 are the exact same ones he listed, either way, douchey.

Big L is in my Top 50, and Special Ed is in my Top 100. Try again jabroni.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 12:49 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Lifestylez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Big Picture. Although, i do agree that the production is "better" on The Big Picture. However, the production on Lifestylez fits the mood of the album better. You could just tell that the Big Picture had a posthomous feel to it. Lifestylez was much more organic.

So you didn't like the '98 Freestyle? Deadly Combination? Ebonics? Casualities of a Dice Game? The Heist? Size Em Up? Platinum Plus? Those songs are as good as ANY on Lifestylez IMO. In fact, I like the first three I mentioned better than anything on Lifestylez.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 12:53 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Lifestylez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Big Picture. Although, i do agree that the production is "better" on The Big Picture. However, the production on Lifestylez fits the mood of the album better. You could just tell that the Big Picture had a posthomous feel to it. Lifestylez was much more organic.

So you didn't like the '98 Freestyle? Deadly Combination? Ebonics? Casualities of a Dice Game? The Heist? Size Em Up? Platinum Plus? Those songs are as good as ANY on Lifestylez IMO. In fact, I like the first three I mentioned better than anything on Lifestylez.

Wait! I don't think i ever said i didn't like those songs, i'm not sure what the purpose of your question or your point is.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 12:57 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Lifestylez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Big Picture. Although, i do agree that the production is "better" on The Big Picture. However, the production on Lifestylez fits the mood of the album better. You could just tell that the Big Picture had a posthomous feel to it. Lifestylez was much more organic.

So you didn't like the '98 Freestyle? Deadly Combination? Ebonics? Casualities of a Dice Game? The Heist? Size Em Up? Platinum Plus? Those songs are as good as ANY on Lifestylez IMO. In fact, I like the first three I mentioned better than anything on Lifestylez.

Put it On and Street Struck are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all those songs listed
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1989
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 26
Location : South GA

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 3:11 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Lifestylez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Big Picture. Although, i do agree that the production is "better" on The Big Picture. However, the production on Lifestylez fits the mood of the album better. You could just tell that the Big Picture had a posthomous feel to it. Lifestylez was much more organic.

So you didn't like the '98 Freestyle? Deadly Combination? Ebonics? Casualities of a Dice Game? The Heist? Size Em Up? Platinum Plus? Those songs are as good as ANY on Lifestylez IMO. In fact, I like the first three I mentioned better than anything on Lifestylez.

Put it On and Street Struck are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all those songs listed

I'd take All Black over those Big Picture songs... the best is bad in my opinion, but line for line, that song never ceases to amaze me.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 5:59 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Lifestylez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Big Picture. Although, i do agree that the production is "better" on The Big Picture. However, the production on Lifestylez fits the mood of the album better. You could just tell that the Big Picture had a posthomous feel to it. Lifestylez was much more organic.

So you didn't like the '98 Freestyle? Deadly Combination? Ebonics? Casualities of a Dice Game? The Heist? Size Em Up? Platinum Plus? Those songs are as good as ANY on Lifestylez IMO. In fact, I like the first three I mentioned better than anything on Lifestylez.

Put it On and Street Struck are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all those songs listed

I disagree entirely.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 47
Location : Maputo, Mozambique

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 6:28 pm

Man, why does every rapper (and fan) from the late 90's and beyond list 2Pac and Biggie in thier top ten?

I'm not trying to diss or anything, but are they really that influential? Would they be as respected as they are now if they were still alive?

Don't get me wrong, both should be named along with the rest of the greats, but man, these younger cats need to learn that good Hip Hop goes beyond 2Pac and Biggie.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 6:56 pm

Gangsta Zol wrote:
Man, why does every rapper (and fan) from the late 90's and beyond list 2Pac and Biggie in thier top ten?

I'm not trying to diss or anything, but are they really that influential? Would they be as respected as they are now if they were still alive?

Don't get me wrong, both should be named along with the rest of the greats, but man, these younger cats need to learn that good Hip Hop goes beyond 2Pac and Biggie.

Not for nothing, but yes they were really that influential. I'm only a year younger than you and both are in my Top 10 (Biggie's my GOAT).

I agree that the young cats need to learn more about the legends. But big ups to Bow Wow for naming Big L and Special Ed. I was surprised that he even listens to those cats, let alone name them in his Top 5.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   Mon 26 Oct 2009, 7:00 pm

I'm not surprised he listens to Big L... a lot of my friends who don't listen to hip hop love L. Special Ed is surprising, though.

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bow Wow's Top 5   

Back to top Go down
 
Bow Wow's Top 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: