Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Is Nas The best rapper ever?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 31 Oct 2009, 3:10 pm

I agree with that KJ that most average white causal listeners will not "get" Untitled or feel it as much as the targeted black audience would.

All rappers have contridicted themselves at one point or another so don't just single out Nas. Nas I still say may be the best ever.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 31 Oct 2009, 3:21 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:
Nastradamus, Street's Disciple, God's Son, and Untitled are not all that great IMO. I buy every album Nas drops, but AS I SAID IF YOU ACTUALLY READ MY POST, truly great artists don't pander, and Nas has done that on practically every album, dope or not. You didn't respond to my criticisms of Nas presenting himself, my criticism of him not putting the effort into his flow or lyrics when he's obviously not in love with the beats (so why rap on them? simple question), so basically you didn't respond to my post. So why ask for my opinion in the first place?

It's funny that the only people that give Untitled a rating under 4 stars are white. Not trying to sound racist or anything, but I thought that album was specifically aimed to appeal to blacks because of the subject matter of most of it's songs.

It's funny that only black people think it could be a classic. It works both ways, and i have brought that up before. While i do agree that the subject matter can cause it to be perceived by different races, it should also be noted that an album with such divisive subject matter could never be a consensus classic album. That being said, i have the album at 4.5-4.75 stars. My only complaint with the album has always been Fried Chicken. I think it's wack because of Busta. I also think the singles throw off the theme of the album, but that's a small gripe because i really like Hero and Make The World Go Round.

I think Fried Chicken is an excellent song. When I first heard it, it made me crave it (although I usually do anyway, LOL). Blacks love fried chicken, and the metaphors used in the song were dope even Busta's. I had no problem with his verse. I especially liked when he ended it by saying "Who cares if the swine is mixed with the rat, cat, and dog combined Imma eat that shit to death". He was referring to how Muslims view pork.

For the record, I wasn't saying that all white people dislike the album, I was just saying that the people that do dislike the album happen to be white.

LOL! Did you not think i knew what Busta was talking about? To me it was just a wack verse over an average beat, and it ruined an excellent contribution from Nas.

And I know you werent saying all white people hate the album. It's only natural that white people will underrate the album because they either disagree with the content or hate the content. It's also natural for African Americans to overrate the albums because it resonates with them on so many levels. It's human nature for everyone involved.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 31 Oct 2009, 3:52 pm

Oscar Robertson
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 31 Oct 2009, 5:24 pm

KJ, I've talked about Alex King, Mr. Serv-On, Liquid Assassin, Royce Da 5'9", La Coka Nostra, Guerilla War Tactix, Yelawolf, Big Fella, Wildstyle, Jon Conner/J.Hollet, Shane Capone, Bizzy Bone Tech N9ne, Cage, Brother Ali, Eyedea, Mac Lethal, Sole/Skyrider Band, Bone Thugs, William Cooper, K Rino, Sandman, Tragedy/Trez and POS EACH a hundred times more than I've talked about Haystak this year. And Haystak has put out like 6 albums this year. Look it up. The only person I talk to about Haystak on here is Terry, and even then it isn't very often. ALSO, you haven't given any of the Alex King, Serv-On, Blitz, Liquid Assassin, LCN, POS, etc etc a fair listen. Don't pretend you don't like everything I rec because it's "wackness" as most people on here will attest that my taste in hip hop is varied. Who is that is always bringing up new artists? Oh that's right, it sure as hell isn't you. You REALLY think that the 5 year span of hip hop from one coast (and mostly one city, I might add) you constantly bring up along with less than a dozen contemporary artists adds up to more hip hop than I listen to every moment of my day? REALLY? I doubt it buddy.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 31 Oct 2009, 5:37 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:
Nastradamus, Street's Disciple, God's Son, and Untitled are not all that great IMO. I buy every album Nas drops, but AS I SAID IF YOU ACTUALLY READ MY POST, truly great artists don't pander, and Nas has done that on practically every album, dope or not. You didn't respond to my criticisms of Nas presenting himself, my criticism of him not putting the effort into his flow or lyrics when he's obviously not in love with the beats (so why rap on them? simple question), so basically you didn't respond to my post. So why ask for my opinion in the first place?

It's funny that the only people that give Untitled a rating under 4 stars are white. Not trying to sound racist or anything, but I thought that album was specifically aimed to appeal to blacks because of the subject matter of most of it's songs.

It's funny that only black people think it could be a classic. It works both ways, and i have brought that up before. While i do agree that the subject matter can cause it to be perceived by different races, it should also be noted that an album with such divisive subject matter could never be a consensus classic album. That being said, i have the album at 4.5-4.75 stars. My only complaint with the album has always been Fried Chicken. I think it's wack because of Busta. I also think the singles throw off the theme of the album, but that's a small gripe because i really like Hero and Make The World Go Round.


Disagree with that entirely Terry because It Takes A Nation Of Millions is a consensus classic and most of those topics that Chuck was addressing was geared completely towards black people..and this is a FACT..and yet this is considered one of the greatest albums ever made in any genre of music..

I personally think Untitled is a classic...5 stars and I don't think the production on it is weak at all...it matches everything that Nas was trying to capture with his powerful words on that album..it is certainly one of the most intelligent albums made over the last 10 years by far IMO.


Last edited by D.Powell on Sat 31 Oct 2009, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 31 Oct 2009, 5:39 pm

Powell, I really think you should check out that Blitz the Ambassador album. It's very political, socially conscious, and there's a dope ass old school tribute song on the album called "Remembering The Future" complete with throwback KRS One samples. I'm pretty sure I PMed the link to you but if I didn't let me know.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 31 Oct 2009, 5:44 pm

yeah I got it thanks for that one N3RO...I'll let you know what I think in a bit man!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 31 Oct 2009, 5:52 pm

N3R0 wrote:
KJ, I've talked about Alex King, Mr. Serv-On, Liquid Assassin, Royce Da 5'9", La Coka Nostra, Guerilla War Tactix, Yelawolf, Big Fella, Wildstyle, Jon Conner/J.Hollet, Shane Capone, Bizzy Bone Tech N9ne, Cage, Brother Ali, Eyedea, Mac Lethal, Sole/Skyrider Band, Bone Thugs, William Cooper, K Rino, Sandman, Tragedy/Trez and POS EACH a hundred times more than I've talked about Haystak this year. And Haystak has put out like 6 albums this year. Look it up. The only person I talk to about Haystak on here is Terry, and even then it isn't very often. ALSO, you haven't given any of the Alex King, Serv-On, Blitz, Liquid Assassin, LCN, POS, etc etc a fair listen. Don't pretend you don't like everything I rec because it's "wackness" as most people on here will attest that my taste in hip hop is varied. Who is that is always bringing up new artists? Oh that's right, it sure as hell isn't you. You REALLY think that the 5 year span of hip hop from one coast (and mostly one city, I might add) you constantly bring up along with less than a dozen contemporary artists adds up to more hip hop than I listen to every moment of my day? REALLY? I doubt it buddy.

Like I said before, you listen to more post-2000 hip hop than I do, but that's as far as it goes.

I give EVERYTHING an honest listen. Some of the artists you named above I like, and some I don't. But you seem to diss a lot of dope MC's and big up some questionable/wack ones. You have the right to your opinion just as much as anyone else, but some of the shit you say sometimes makes me say WTF. Like the Nas thing for example. If he's not on your GOAT list then that's fine, but to say he couldn't possibly be one of the GOAT's is ridiculous.

As far as that 5 year span bullshit you just said, I've been listening to hip hop since I was 6 years old, which is also before you were born, pal. So I've heard and listened to MANY MC's on MANY coasts and dig a lot of their music. It's just that I'm not as impressed with today's hip hop as the stuff from the past. While there are a number of post-2000 artists that I like, the game as a whole isn't nearly as good as it used to be. So don't act like your knowledge trumps mine because that's not true.

I downloaded that Blitz album though, and I'll let you know what I think of it after a full spin.
Back to top Go down
C.Roland
Woof
Woof


Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 31 Oct 2009, 6:05 pm

That a hard one he is dope but is is doper than Rakim, KRS-ONE, I'm not sure
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 31 Oct 2009, 8:59 pm

KJ I'm just asking for a little respect and if you don't show it to me I won't show it you. HOWEVER, that was an honest post and I appreciate it. Of course I was marginalizing your listening cuz that's how I felt, man. But shit always gets out of hand and I'll say this, I know you get upset because you care about hip hop. So do I, my dude.

In my initial post...maybe I went too far. Of course Nas is dope. But do I feel like he's the best? No. It's fine if you do. There are still 20 mc's I put above Nas. And Haystak for that matter.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 31 Oct 2009, 9:48 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:
Nastradamus, Street's Disciple, God's Son, and Untitled are not all that great IMO. I buy every album Nas drops, but AS I SAID IF YOU ACTUALLY READ MY POST, truly great artists don't pander, and Nas has done that on practically every album, dope or not. You didn't respond to my criticisms of Nas presenting himself, my criticism of him not putting the effort into his flow or lyrics when he's obviously not in love with the beats (so why rap on them? simple question), so basically you didn't respond to my post. So why ask for my opinion in the first place?

It's funny that the only people that give Untitled a rating under 4 stars are white. Not trying to sound racist or anything, but I thought that album was specifically aimed to appeal to blacks because of the subject matter of most of it's songs.

It's funny that only black people think it could be a classic. It works both ways, and i have brought that up before. While i do agree that the subject matter can cause it to be perceived by different races, it should also be noted that an album with such divisive subject matter could never be a consensus classic album. That being said, i have the album at 4.5-4.75 stars. My only complaint with the album has always been Fried Chicken. I think it's wack because of Busta. I also think the singles throw off the theme of the album, but that's a small gripe because i really like Hero and Make The World Go Round.


Disagree with that entirely Terry because It Takes A Nation Of Millions is a consensus classic and most of those topics that Chuck was addressing was geared completely towards black people..and this is a FACT..and yet this is considered one of the greatest albums ever made in genre of music..

I personally think Untitled is a classic...5 stars and I don't think the production on it is weak at all...it matches everything that Nas was trying to capture with his powerful words on that album..it is certainly one of the most intelligent albums made over the last 10 years by far IMO.

Yeah, i can't disagree with that at all, but for some reason Untitled just seems different. I think the divide with the album will keep it from reaching classic status

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
avatar

Posts : 2589
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Between a rock and hard place

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 01 Nov 2009, 5:52 am

Nas maybe quite frankly the best rapper ever. He;s not my favorite. But he's more quoted than Rakim. Also for someone to be in the spotlight and take a chance with his last album is amazing. Nas is a spokesman for the hip hop heads whether you like it or not
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 01 Nov 2009, 9:04 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Nas maybe quite frankly the best rapper ever. He;s not my favorite. But he's more quoted than Rakim. Also for someone to be in the spotlight and take a chance with his last album is amazing. Nas is a spokesman for the hip hop heads whether you like it or not

He's not more quoted than Rakim (nobody is) but I co-sign the rest of what you said.

Nas is 2nd on my GOAT list.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 47
Location : Maputo, Mozambique

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Tue 03 Nov 2009, 10:09 pm

C.Roland wrote:
That a hard one he is dope but is is doper than Rakim, KRS-ONE

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 574
Join date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 7:51 pm

nas has a average discography at best. lots of crap and hes no where near goat
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 8:09 pm

Cory please shut up man...lmao! no one asked you
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 8:35 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Cory please shut up man...lmao! no one asked you

Exactly, he's the ultimate Nas hater!!

Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 8:41 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Cory please shut up man...lmao! no one asked you

Exactly, he's the ultimate Nas hater!!

Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

When did KRS die?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 26
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 8:43 pm

When did KRS die, indeed.

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:36 am

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Cory please shut up man...lmao! no one asked you

Exactly, he's the ultimate Nas hater!!

Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

When did KRS die?

Don't quit your day job Terry, you wouldn't make it as a comedian.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:39 am

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Cory please shut up man...lmao! no one asked you

Exactly, he's the ultimate Nas hater!!

Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

When did KRS die?

Don't quit your day job Terry, you wouldn't make it as a comedian.

It wasn't a joke dipshit.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 12:29 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 1:36 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Cory please shut up man...lmao! no one asked you

Exactly, he's the ultimate Nas hater!!

Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

When did KRS die?

Don't quit your day job Terry, you wouldn't make it as a comedian.

It wasn't a joke dipshit.

Well jabroni, I'll break it down for you like this.....

You can make the argument that KRS in his prime was the greatest rapper alive, but he's clearly not the greatest alive right now.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 1:47 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Cory please shut up man...lmao! no one asked you

Exactly, he's the ultimate Nas hater!!

Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

When did KRS die?

Don't quit your day job Terry, you wouldn't make it as a comedian.

It wasn't a joke dipshit.

Well jabroni, I'll break it down for you like this.....

You can make the argument that KRS in his prime was the greatest rapper alive, but he's clearly not the greatest alive right now.

That argument is dumb as hell. It doesn't make a bit of difference when KRS was in his prime. If an argument can be made for KRS, than you shouldn't speak in absolutes. dumb fuck.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 35
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 1:54 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Cory please shut up man...lmao! no one asked you

Exactly, he's the ultimate Nas hater!!

Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

When did KRS die?

Don't quit your day job Terry, you wouldn't make it as a comedian.

It wasn't a joke dipshit.

Well jabroni, I'll break it down for you like this.....

You can make the argument that KRS in his prime was the greatest rapper alive, but he's clearly not the greatest alive right now.

That argument is dumb as hell. It doesn't make a bit of difference when KRS was in his prime. If an argument can be made for KRS, than you shouldn't speak in absolutes. dumb fuck.

Nas isn't in his prime either. Cosign Terry on "When did KRS die?"
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 26
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 1:57 pm

"Hey yo, man, this is the N. And let me tell you something man, my man KRS, when I heard spittacular was coming out, the greatest emcee of all time, I said I couldn't wait, I couldn't believe it, I couldn't wait to witness it. The greatest emcee of all time, KRS, and I'm from Queensbridge, ya heard"

-Nas

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:07 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Cory please shut up man...lmao! no one asked you

Exactly, he's the ultimate Nas hater!!

Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

When did KRS die?

Don't quit your day job Terry, you wouldn't make it as a comedian.

It wasn't a joke dipshit.

Well jabroni, I'll break it down for you like this.....

You can make the argument that KRS in his prime was the greatest rapper alive, but he's clearly not the greatest alive right now.

That argument is dumb as hell. It doesn't make a bit of difference when KRS was in his prime. If an argument can be made for KRS, than you shouldn't speak in absolutes. dumb fuck.

It DOES make a difference jackass. Right now, Nas is better. He's CLEARLY been more consistent over the past 13 years despite what haters like Jeff and Cory say.

Personally, I don't think either of them are the greatest rapper of all time, and it's debatable as to which has had the better career. but AT THIS VERY MOMENT Nas is clearly better than KRS. Take that for however you want it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:09 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Cory please shut up man...lmao! no one asked you

Exactly, he's the ultimate Nas hater!!

Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

When did KRS die?

Don't quit your day job Terry, you wouldn't make it as a comedian.

It wasn't a joke dipshit.

Well jabroni, I'll break it down for you like this.....

You can make the argument that KRS in his prime was the greatest rapper alive, but he's clearly not the greatest alive right now.

That argument is dumb as hell. It doesn't make a bit of difference when KRS was in his prime. If an argument can be made for KRS, than you shouldn't speak in absolutes. dumb fuck.

Nas isn't in his prime either. Cosign Terry on "When did KRS die?"

I beg to differ Pounds, he's still bangin out 4+ star albums consistently. I'd take Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, and Untitled EASILY over anything KRS has done since 1995.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:11 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Hey yo, man, this is the N. And let me tell you something man, my man KRS, when I heard spittacular was coming out, the greatest emcee of all time, I said I couldn't wait, I couldn't believe it, I couldn't wait to witness it. The greatest emcee of all time, KRS, and I'm from Queensbridge, ya heard"

-Nas

I can respect that opinion provided Nas really did say that. KRS is among my all time favs too.

But the argument I was trying to make wasn't about who's the greatest of all time, but who's the greatest MC RIGHT NOW.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:12 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Cory please shut up man...lmao! no one asked you

Exactly, he's the ultimate Nas hater!!

Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

When did KRS die?

Don't quit your day job Terry, you wouldn't make it as a comedian.

It wasn't a joke dipshit.

Well jabroni, I'll break it down for you like this.....

You can make the argument that KRS in his prime was the greatest rapper alive, but he's clearly not the greatest alive right now.

That argument is dumb as hell. It doesn't make a bit of difference when KRS was in his prime. If an argument can be made for KRS, than you shouldn't speak in absolutes. dumb fuck.

It DOES make a difference jackass. Right now, Nas is better. He's CLEARLY been more consistent over the past 13 years despite what haters like Jeff and Cory say.

Personally, I don't think either of them are the greatest rapper of all time, and it's debatable as to which has had the better career. but AT THIS VERY MOMENT Nas is clearly better than KRS. Take that for however you want it.

Right, let's ignore the 5 BDP records and his first 3 solo albums right? Are they both alive? yes Does KRS's discog stack up against Nas? Yes and then some. Like i said quit speaking in absolutes. you just look like a fool.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 26
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:13 pm

"I beg to differ Pounds, he's still bangin out 4+ star albums consistently. I'd take Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, and Untitled EASILY over anything KRS has done since 1995."

KRS isn't?

But anyways, right now, K-Rino is the best. No question about it

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:14 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:
"Hey yo, man, this is the N. And let me tell you something man, my man KRS, when I heard spittacular was coming out, the greatest emcee of all time, I said I couldn't wait, I couldn't believe it, I couldn't wait to witness it. The greatest emcee of all time, KRS, and I'm from Queensbridge, ya heard"

-Nas

I can respect that opinion provided Nas really did say that. KRS is among my all time favs too.

But the argument I was trying to make wasn't about who's the greatest of all time, but who's the greatest MC RIGHT NOW.

No, you said Nas was the greatest rapper alive. There's a difference. Don't try to cover your tracks.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:28 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:
"Hey yo, man, this is the N. And let me tell you something man, my man KRS, when I heard spittacular was coming out, the greatest emcee of all time, I said I couldn't wait, I couldn't believe it, I couldn't wait to witness it. The greatest emcee of all time, KRS, and I'm from Queensbridge, ya heard"

-Nas

I can respect that opinion provided Nas really did say that. KRS is among my all time favs too.

But the argument I was trying to make wasn't about who's the greatest of all time, but who's the greatest MC RIGHT NOW.

No, you said Nas was the greatest rapper alive. There's a difference. Don't try to cover your tracks.

Greatest rapper alive = Greatest rapper right now. Same Shit!!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:30 pm

^ no its not
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:36 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:
"Hey yo, man, this is the N. And let me tell you something man, my man KRS, when I heard spittacular was coming out, the greatest emcee of all time, I said I couldn't wait, I couldn't believe it, I couldn't wait to witness it. The greatest emcee of all time, KRS, and I'm from Queensbridge, ya heard"

-Nas

I can respect that opinion provided Nas really did say that. KRS is among my all time favs too.

But the argument I was trying to make wasn't about who's the greatest of all time, but who's the greatest MC RIGHT NOW.

No, you said Nas was the greatest rapper alive. There's a difference. Don't try to cover your tracks.

Greatest rapper alive = Greatest rapper right now. Same Shit!!

only in your world baby bubba.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:44 pm

If y'all would scroll up, I simply said that Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

WHICH FUCKING MEANS that out of all the rappers CURRENTLY making records, he's performing at the highest level IMO.

Just like Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time based on what he did in his prime, but did anyone think he was the best player in the league at the time he was playing for the Wizards? NO they didn't. Same goes for present day KRS although the race for hip hop's GOAT is much more debatable.

If y'all can't understand that, then that's on y'all, not me. I'm done with this topic.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:50 pm

we can understand that but you said greatest rapper alive.

if you would have said imo he is currently the greatest bsed on the last 2-3 years then that would make sense

people never say "Kobe Bryant is the greatest player alive". they say kobe is the greatest currently in the NBA
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 26
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:51 pm

How is he at the highest level? He's put out 2 records in the past 3 years. No way is he the best out right now; there's plently more deserving of that title.

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:52 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
we can understand that but you said greatest rapper alive.

if you would have said imo he is currently the greatest bsed on the last 2-3 years then that would make sense

people never say "Kobe Bryant is the greatest player alive". they say kobe is the greatest currently in the NBA

bingo!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 2:54 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
If y'all would scroll up, I simply said that Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

WHICH FUCKING MEANS that out of all the rappers CURRENTLY making records, he's performing at the highest level IMO.

Just like Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time based on what he did in his prime, but did anyone think he was the best player in the league at the time he was playing for the Wizards? NO they didn't. Same goes for present day KRS although the race for hip hop's GOAT is much more debatable.

If y'all can't understand that, then that's on y'all, not me. I'm done with this topic.

Don't get salty cause you look like a fool on this topic. It's ok. We're all accustomed to you looking like a fool. You're the Screech Powers of the forum.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
avatar

Posts : 4016
Join date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 3:00 pm

Screech Powers...lololololololol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 4:45 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
If y'all would scroll up, I simply said that Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

WHICH FUCKING MEANS that out of all the rappers CURRENTLY making records, he's performing at the highest level IMO.

Just like Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time based on what he did in his prime, but did anyone think he was the best player in the league at the time he was playing for the Wizards? NO they didn't. Same goes for present day KRS although the race for hip hop's GOAT is much more debatable.

If y'all can't understand that, then that's on y'all, not me. I'm done with this topic.

Don't get salty cause you look like a fool on this topic. It's ok. We're all accustomed to you looking like a fool. You're the Screech Powers of the forum.

Well Screech ended up becoming principal of Bayside after Belding took another job offer in the series finale, so fuck you bitch.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:27 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
If y'all would scroll up, I simply said that Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

WHICH FUCKING MEANS that out of all the rappers CURRENTLY making records, he's performing at the highest level IMO.

Just like Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time based on what he did in his prime, but did anyone think he was the best player in the league at the time he was playing for the Wizards? NO they didn't. Same goes for present day KRS although the race for hip hop's GOAT is much more debatable.

If y'all can't understand that, then that's on y'all, not me. I'm done with this topic.

Don't get salty cause you look like a fool on this topic. It's ok. We're all accustomed to you looking like a fool. You're the Screech Powers of the forum.

Well Screech ended up becoming principal of Bayside after Belding took another job offer in the series finale, so fuck you bitch.

Why in the world would a 33 year old man be watching Saved By The Bell: The New Class or whatever it's called. There is no excuse for for a grown man to sit in front of the TV on Saturday mornings wearing the pajamas with the feet on them while eating a bowl of cereal. It's inexcusable. Shaking My Head

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:34 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
If y'all would scroll up, I simply said that Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

WHICH FUCKING MEANS that out of all the rappers CURRENTLY making records, he's performing at the highest level IMO.

Just like Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time based on what he did in his prime, but did anyone think he was the best player in the league at the time he was playing for the Wizards? NO they didn't. Same goes for present day KRS although the race for hip hop's GOAT is much more debatable.

If y'all can't understand that, then that's on y'all, not me. I'm done with this topic.

Don't get salty cause you look like a fool on this topic. It's ok. We're all accustomed to you looking like a fool. You're the Screech Powers of the forum.

Well Screech ended up becoming principal of Bayside after Belding took another job offer in the series finale, so fuck you bitch.

Why in the world would a 33 year old man be watching Saved By The Bell: The New Class or whatever it's called. There is no excuse for for a grown man to sit in front of the TV on Saturday mornings wearing the pajamas with the feet on them while eating a bowl of cereal. It's inexcusable. Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:37 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
If y'all would scroll up, I simply said that Nas isn't the greatest rapper of all time, but he's the greatest rapper alive today.

WHICH FUCKING MEANS that out of all the rappers CURRENTLY making records, he's performing at the highest level IMO.

Just like Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time based on what he did in his prime, but did anyone think he was the best player in the league at the time he was playing for the Wizards? NO they didn't. Same goes for present day KRS although the race for hip hop's GOAT is much more debatable.

If y'all can't understand that, then that's on y'all, not me. I'm done with this topic.

Don't get salty cause you look like a fool on this topic. It's ok. We're all accustomed to you looking like a fool. You're the Screech Powers of the forum.

Well Screech ended up becoming principal of Bayside after Belding took another job offer in the series finale, so fuck you bitch.

Why in the world would a 33 year old man be watching Saved By The Bell: The New Class or whatever it's called. There is no excuse for for a grown man to sit in front of the TV on Saturday mornings wearing the pajamas with the feet on them while eating a bowl of cereal. It's inexcusable. Shaking My Head


1) Saved By The Bell was watched by EVERYONE, young and old. You're not much younger than me and you watched it as well.

2) The show debuted when I was in 8th grade (1989) and it went off the air in 2000. So all that pajamas eatin cereal watchin it bullshit is simply that. Bullshit!

3) If you're gonna disrespect me and make personal attacks, then expect the same thing in return.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:47 pm

Dude, i quit watching Saved By The Bell during the College years, but i lost interest when they brought in the Tori character. You know way too much about the show my dude. I didn't even know know Screech became principal. Shaking My Head

Oh, i'm also 6 years younger than you.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:57 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Dude, i quit watching Saved By The Bell during the College years, but i lost interest when they brought in the Tori character. You know way too much about the show my dude. I didn't even know know Screech became principal. Shaking My Head

Oh, i'm also 6 years younger than you.

I know you're six years younger, big deal.

I know about the show because I liked it, and most of it's actors are either older than me or around the same age. Yet you're talking as if it's a little kid's show.

I didn't know the exact timeframe it was on the air so I looked it up, but I did know about Screech becoming principal and that the show went off the air a long time ago. I only watched a couple of episodes of the College Years because it sucked.

Anyways, making personal attacks is lame and accomplishes nothing. You banned Steve for making them, so you doing the same makes you look just as bad.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 6:01 pm

The 6 year is a HUGE deal. Saved By The Bell was geared towards kids my age. Not for your age. You guys had your show. It was called Happy Days.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 6:32 pm

Anyway, I've had my fun, and I'm not even in the same boat with Steve. You know better than that. I never take things personally, and i'd hope you'd do the same.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 6:43 pm

T. Myers wrote:
The 6 year is a HUGE deal. Saved By The Bell was geared towards kids my age. Not for your age. You guys had your show. It was called Happy Days.

Happy Days debuted before I was born, and went off the air when I was in grade school so that's incorrect. It ran in syndication for a long time (and still does I believe) but you're way off with that one. Shows like Different Strokes, Facts Of Life, The Cosby Show, Growing Pains, Family Matters, and the like would have been better examples.

All of the original cast of Saved By The Bell are older than me, and the New Class is around the same age give or take a few years. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Is Nas The best rapper ever?   

Back to top Go down
 
Is Nas The best rapper ever?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Bumblefoot and Scarface to release single
» siapa Utaite,producer,dan lagu vocaloid favorit kaliaan?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Classic Threads and Discussions-
Jump to: