Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51

Go down 
+7
Deanie O'Banion
Dwight
Esco
T. Myers
E. Taylor
D.Powell
Laced With Slang
11 posters

top 100?
top 25
Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Vote_lcap75%Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 12 ]
top 50
Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Vote_lcap13%Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
top 75
Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Vote_lcap12%Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
top 100
Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Vote_lcap0%Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
neither
Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Vote_lcap0%Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Empty
PostSubject: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 2:50 am

GZA - Liquid Swords
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 8:51 am

top 50
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 8:55 am

top 10. Love the album.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 8:56 am

Top 10 for me. It doesn't get much better than this album.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 10:02 am

my G.O.A.T album.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 1:49 pm

Top 5. Maybe even number 1 for me.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 4:43 pm

Top 25. One of the greats.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 6:15 pm

top 25
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 6:23 pm

top 25
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 8:10 pm

hmmm albums that I put ahead of Liquid Swords....I mean you guys are talking about this joint like it's Thriller or something...lol...the shit is great but it's top 50 great IMO..

anyway here goes nothing:
and it's in no particular order either:

Nas-Illmatic
BDP-Criminal Minded
PE-It Takes A Nation Of Millions
Brand Nubian-One For All
Ultramagnetic MC's-Critical Beatdown
Wu-Tang-Enta The 36 Chambers
Outkast-ATLiens
A Tribe Called Quest-Midnight Marauders
A Tribe Called Quest-The Low End Theory
Raekwon-Only Built For Cuban Linx
Nas-Lost Tapes
Biggie-Ready To Die
Jeru-The Sun Rises In The East
Marley Marl-In Control Vol 1
Pete Rock And CL Smooth-Mecca And The Soul Brother
BDP-By All Means Necessary
LL Cool J-Radio
LL Cool J-Mama Said Knock You Out
2Pac-Me Against The World
Mantronix-The Album
Just-Ice-Back To The Old School
Run-D.M.C.-Raising Hell
Big Daddy Kane-Long Live The Kane
Kool G Rap and Polo-Live And Let Die
Eric B and Rakim-Paid In Full
EPMD-Strictly Business
Slick Rick-The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick
KRS-One-Return Of The Boom Bap
Scarface-Mr.Scarface Is Back

I could probably name a few more that I would rank above it but I do think that it is a great album but just nowhere near as good as you guys are trying to make it sound...that shit ain't Nations...nor Thriller...lol..let's calm down fellas...it did not make any major changes in the hip-hop industry nor the music industry in general!

Last edited by D.Powell on Tue 10 Nov 2009, 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 8:11 pm

Top 75 for me...
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 8:24 pm

D.Powell wrote:
hmmm albums that I put ahead of Liquid Swords....I mean you guys are talking about this joint like it's Thriller or something...lol...the shit is great but it's top 50 great IMO..

anyway here goes nothing:
and it's in no particular order either:

Nas-Illmatic
BDP-Criminal Minded
PE-It Takes A Nation Of Millions
Brand Nubian-One For All
Ultramagnetic MC's-Critical Beatdown
Wu-Tang-Enta The 36 Chambers
Outkast-ATLiens
A Tribe Called Quest-Midnight Marauders
A Tribe Called Quest-The Low End Theory
Raekwon-Only Built For Cuban Linx
Nas-Lost Tapes
Biggie-Ready To Die
Jeru-The Sun Rises In The East
Marley Marl-In Control Vol 1
Pete Rock And CL Smooth-Mecca And The Soul Brother
BDP-By All Means Necessary
LL Cool J-Radio
LL Cool J-Mama Said Knock You Out
2Pac-Me Against The World
Mantronix-The Album
Just-Ice-Back To The Old School
Run-D.M.C.-Raising Hell
Big Daddy Kane-Long Live The Kane
Kool G Rap and Polo-Live And Let Die
Eric B and Rakim-Paid In Full
EPMD-Strictly Business
Slick Rick-The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick
KRS-One-Return Of The Boom Bap
Scarface-Mr.Scarface Is Back

I could probably name a few more that I would rank above it but I do think that it is a great album but just nowhere near as good as you guys are trying to make it sound...that shit ain't Nations...nor Thriller...lol..let's calm down fellas...it did not make any major changes in the hip-hop industry not the music industry in general!

Everyone has their own opinion Powell. I don't see why Liquid Swords can't be considered top 10 material.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 8:42 pm

lol at The Lost Tapes...

thats probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite Nas album but as an album full of unreleased tracks it is nowhere near Liquid Swords, but yea Powell everyone has opinions just like you do...

and Al you need to vote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 9:03 pm

Both Liquid Swords AND The Lost Tapes are in my Top 25, and quite easily too Big Grin
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 9:31 pm

Top 5 easy. My favorite Wu solo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 12:40 am

Top 75 for me.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 10:13 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
lol at The Lost Tapes...

thats probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite Nas album but as an album full of unreleased tracks it is nowhere near Liquid Swords, but yea Powell everyone has opinions just like you do...

and Al you need to vote

U got that right Slang, everyone does have their own opinion, because to me Nas's unreleased shit BLOWS GZA's shit through the water but that makes sense because Nas BLOWS GZA through the water...he is a much more complete emcee than GZA could ever be IMO...he's better than him in every emceeing category so I'm not sure why your laughing at The Lost Tapes which was an absolutely great Nas project man....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 10:23 am

The Lost Tapes ain't touching Liquid Swords IMO. It's not even really close to me. Is Nas the more complete MC? I'd say yes, but not by a lot. When looking at LS as a whole(which is the point of this thread), you can't ignore RZA's production, and His production demolishes the production on the Lost Tapes. That's not a knock on The Lost Tapes because that production is dope too. However, RZA's production during that time period is virtually unrivaled.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 11:17 am

^ truth
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 12:31 pm

T. Myers wrote:
The Lost Tapes ain't touching Liquid Swords IMO. It's not even really close to me. Is Nas the more complete MC? I'd say yes, but not by a lot. When looking at LS as a whole(which is the point of this thread), you can't ignore RZA's production, and His production demolishes the production on the Lost Tapes. That's not a knock on The Lost Tapes because that production is dope too. However, RZA's production during that time period is virtually unrivaled.

RZA didn't even bring his best production to that album IMO...he saved that for Enta the 36 Chambers and Only Built For Cuban Linx which contained his GREATEST beats of all-time easily IMO..as far the production on The Lost Tapes your completely sleeping there...that shit BANGS just as much as Liquid Swords IMO....and GZA is not even close to Nas as far as complete emcees go...now that's funny...because then you would have to put GZA on the level of KRS-One, Biggie, Rakim, Cool J, Big Daddy Kane...etc..etc...and he is not that good....he reminds me of a NYC version of K-Rino but better....both of those dudes are lyrical for days, but have no charisma whatsoever on the mic, and their flows need work too...Nas has all those attributes and the lyrics...he's killing both parties easily.....again this is all my opinion man...not gospel...lol
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 2:02 pm

The beat on 4th Chamber >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 2:15 pm

The production on Liquid Swords is easily better than Enter the Wu tang and Cuban Linx. As far as I'm concerned this beats Illmatic,I debated with myself about this for a while.. but, it just is.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 3:15 pm

hmmm

Can It Be All So Simple
Protect Your Neck
C.R.E.A.M.
Tearz
Shame On A N*i*g*g*a
Da Mystery Of Chessboxin'
Bring Da Ruckus

and then Ice Cream..Glaciers Of Ice....Verbal Intercourse...Rainy Dayz....Wisdom Body....Criminology...Incarcerated Scarfaces....Spot Rusherz

these are all some of RZA's GOAT beats....he can't do any better than he did on these outside of that beat for Triumph IMO....his beats on Liquid Swordz can't fuck with any of those beats previously mentioned IMO including 4th Chamber (stop that Shaun..lmao)

as for Illmatic...The World Is Yourz (Pete Rock)...One Love (Q-Tip)......Represent(Preemo)...NY State Of Mind (Preemo)......It Ain't Hard To Tell (Large Professor)....Halftime (Large Professor)....Life's A Bitch (L.E.S.)....

WOW! completely killing the production on Liquid Swordz especially when you consider that some of those beats are the greatest created by Pete Rock and Preemo and Large Professor and they have said this before too.....that those were some of the best creations...

LMAO! ya'll are killing me man!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 3:27 pm

"The production on Liquid Swords is easily better than Enter the Wu tang and Cuban Linx. As far as I'm concerned this beats Illmatic,I debated with myself about this for a while.. but, it just is. "

Untrue. 4th Chamber is probably my favorite RZA beat, but OB4CL and Enter The Wu Tang have better production, IMO.

"and then Ice Cream..Glaciers Of Ice....Verbal Intercourse...Rainy Dayz....Wisdom Body....Criminology...Incarcerated Scarfaces....Spot Rusherz"

Don't forget Guillotine (Swordz). Another one of my all time favorites.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 3:41 pm

All this talk about LS not being RZA's best produced album is stupid. For one, it's not definitive in the least. secondly, how does RZA's production on ob4cl or 36 Chambers have anything to do with The Lost Tapes or Illmatic? This whole thing started because The Lost Tapes was compared to LS, and the RZA's production is killing The Lost Tapes.

Also, it's ignorant to act like RZA's 3rd best effort(which may or may not be true) is somehow inferior. It's not. Not even in the least. why don't we bash Pete Rock for Souled Out? That's not considered his best, right? Why don't we bash Dre for 2001, that's not his best, right? Why don't we bash Premier for..................... Ah never mind you guys get the point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 6:10 pm

D.Powell wrote:
hmmm

Can It Be All So Simple
Protect Your Neck
C.R.E.A.M.
Tearz
Shame On A N*i*g*g*a
Bring Da Ruckus

and then Ice Cream..Glaciers Of Ice....Verbal Intercourse...Rainy Dayz....Wisdom Body....Criminology...Incarcerated Scarfaces....Spot Rusherz

these are all some of RZA's GOAT beats....he can't do any better than he did on these outside of that beat for Triumph IMO....his beats on Liquid Swordz can't fuck with any of those beats previously mentioned IMO including 4th Chamber (stop that Shaun..lmao)

as for Illmatic...The World Is Yourz (Pete Rock)...One Love (Q-Tip)......Represent(Preemo)...NY State Of Mind (Preemo)......It Ain't Hard To Tell (Large Professor)....Halftime (Large Professor)....Life's A Bitch (L.E.S.)....

WOW! completely killing the production on Liquid Swordz especially when you consider that some of those beats are the greatest created by Pete Rock and Preemo and Large Professor and they have said this before too.....that those were some of the best creations...

I think the beats on Cold World, 4th Chamber, Shadowboxin, Killah Hills, Labels, Dual Of The Iron Mic are among RZA's dopest beats.

Production wise it may be RZA's 3rd best (although that's debatable, and even so it's in excellent company) but lyrically this is EASILY the best Wu-Solo. GZA line for line is the dopest MC in the Clan IMO.

I cannot think of too many albums I've bumped more than Liquid Swords. which is why GZA holds such a high place on my GOAT list, not to mention that his other albums are bangin as well. None of them are below 4 stars.

GZA reigns all year round from June to June, where bunnies bite immediately if not soon Big Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 6:18 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
lol at The Lost Tapes...

and Al you need to vote

U got that right Slang, everyone does have their own opinion, because to me Nas's unreleased shit BLOWS GZA's shit through the water but that makes sense because Nas BLOWS GZA through the water...he is a much more complete emcee than GZA could ever be IMO...he's better than him in every emceeing category so I'm not sure why your laughing at The Lost Tapes which was an absolutely great Nas project man....

Lyrically Nas is better than GZA, and The Lost Tapes is a great album, but it's not better than Liquid Swords IMO.

As much as I love Nas, the only album of his I'd take over LS is Illmatic.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 6:41 pm

the 4th Chamber beat is one of RZA's and hip hop's all time bests IMO, the Triumph beat wasnt even that special, theres at least 6-8 beats on Wu-Tang Forever that are definitely better than Triumph

another underrated RZA-gem that IMO might be his best is "Soul Controller"

RZA from 93-97 >>>>>>>>>

GZA on LS >>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 7:38 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I think the beats on Cold World, 4th Chamber, Shadowboxin, Killah Hills, Labels, Dual Of The Iron Mic are among RZA's dopest beats.

I cannot think of too many albums I've bumped more than Liquid Swords. which is why GZA holds such a high place on my GOAT list, not to mention that his other albums are bangin as well. None of them are below 4 stars.

GZA reigns all year round from June to June, where bunnies bite immediately if not soon Big Grin

Agreed 100%. Well said KJ.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 7:42 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
hmmm

Can It Be All So Simple
Protect Your Neck
C.R.E.A.M.
Tearz
Shame On A N*i*g*g*a
Bring Da Ruckus

Production wise it may be RZA's 3rd best (although that's debatable, and even so it's in excellent company) but lyrically this is EASILY the best Wu-Solo. GZA line for line is the dopest MC in the Clan IMO.

Co-sign 1,000%. Plus we'd be naive to not include GZA's work on the clan albums too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51   Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 100 Albums of All Time - Day 51
Page 1 of 1