Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who got the best listening taste on this forum?

Go down 
+10
Xcel
Norfeest
arokone
Dang! Trotter
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
Shaun
steez
Justin Linker
T. Myers
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Empty
PostSubject: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 5:45 pm

Objectively I got to say it is me... I have the best taste... I won't get into detail but I can see flaws in everyone else's tastes...

Who you vote for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 7:03 pm

Obviously it's Norf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 7:05 pm

Nah...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 7:36 pm

Like I've been saying for a good minute now, C. Tran! Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 7:39 pm

C. Tran your taste is good to a degree - I would put it in the top 10 definitely...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 7:39 pm

me, by 5000 kool john shaped football fields
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 7:53 pm

Who is the most honest about their listening habits is a better question. I don't believe for a second that Powell ONLY listens to old school east coast artists. I know enough old heads to know that they still keep up on the new crap and aren't as ignorant as dude comes off. At least KJ asks for recs and checks out new crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 7:53 pm

damn srp, i might still that picture you got
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 8:02 pm

RoyceJustShootsNines wrote:
C. Tran your taste is good to a degree - I would put it in the top 10 definitely...

Serious question, what are my weaknesses?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 8:08 pm

you listen to absolute garbage, those would be your weaknesses. nobody can name weak act i like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 8:09 pm

^^^rick ross
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 8:14 pm

This thread is pointless, because everybody is gonna vote for themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 8:17 pm

KJ is top 20...

Space - you have too much affinity to some of the local stuff that is not as bumping.. but overall you do have a balanced listening taste though you could appreciate the southern stuff more...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 8:27 pm

Obviously I pick myself first (as everyone else is doing)

But besides that, I'll go with Powell and Slang Editorial. Powell because he appreciates old school hip-hop, and Slang because he seems to like a bunch of different styles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 8:34 pm

You'd be wrong... powell listens to only old school and is a crickety old man.. slang is cool but he is leaning towards underground..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 8:58 pm

Slang's petty open-minded though...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 9:02 pm

I got the best taste ever
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 9:14 pm

Terry's in the Top 10-15. Save for his disdain of female rappers he's fairly objective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 9:16 pm

Terry's top ten too - maybe top 5
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 9:51 pm

I gotta go with SRP...He digs southern gangsta crap and horrorcore...nuff said
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 10:08 pm

Linkers definitely top 10 - too many people underestimate his taste cause he likes ICP some...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 10:09 pm

Nope I have the best by 9999999999999999 kool john sized powell dolls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 11:07 pm

Hell Nah, I'm the best. I don't have any wack biases unlike most on this forum. The only stuff I hate is crunk music and MC's with wack lyrics. I objectively listen to MC's on all coasts too.
Back to top Go down
steez
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
steez

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 11:25 pm

Norfeest is my pick. i usually checked out a lot of his recs listmanias and liked them back when i used to lurk on amazon.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 4:13 am

So... uh... no votes for me? Well, make it one!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 7:33 am

Akrone gets my vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:03 pm

You plainly stated you have no wack biases like the rest of the forum and then said that you hate crunk music and "wack lyrics" because everyone else on the forum LOVES wack lyrics apparently...

Whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:51 pm

Arok is cool - but he leans towards the jazzy stuff.

Shon definitely makes top 5 IMO as he has a pretty diverse list.

Norf can be diverse but his knocks are that he seriously thinks he's unbiased and he also leans towards the same jazzy, soulful rap despite his diversity.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 1:46 pm

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
You plainly stated you have no wack biases like the rest of the forum and then said that you hate crunk music and "wack lyrics" because everyone else on the forum LOVES wack lyrics apparently...

Whatever.
:?: Huh?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 1:53 pm

he was replying to KJ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 2:06 pm

where the funk is my rating srp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 2:10 pm

Steve is OK, but he is averse to certain street rap, white rappers, and foreigners. He has a leaning towards the political deeper raw and especially the raw feel for rap as can be seen in Vakill, Finale, and Almighty - all dope rap - but raw rap.

He does tend to bump dope rappers but not a lot of diversity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 5:27 pm

Who got the best listening taste on this forum? 992567
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 5:47 pm

No rating for me either. I'd probably rather not know.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 6:08 pm

i should be top 10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 7:54 pm

Whatever.

I NEVER SAID that everyone loves wack lyrics, I was just saying that wack lyrics and crunk music are the only things I hate. Had nothing to do with anyone else.

There's not ONE wack MC that I bump on the regular.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 8:27 pm

Id say I would jack KJ's CD collection over any other logger here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 8:40 pm

kool john probably hates your tastes worse than anyone here, so youre crazy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 8:46 pm

Steve wrote:
kool john probably hates your tastes worse than anyone here, so youre crazy

Actually Trotter's taste is pretty good based on the posts he's been putting up lately.

N3R0's anti-NY attitude makes me think that he has the worst taste. Linker's is pretty bad too, he hates Nas and loves ICP, ewwwww!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 8:53 pm

lol....kj, name one artist trotter likes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 8:57 pm

That was my point KJ, that you are basically saying that we DO in fact knowingly bump consensus wack mc's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 8:58 pm

Steve wrote:
lol....kj, name one artist trotter likes

Well he must like most of the MC's I like if he says that he'd jack my collection more than anybody's on this forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 8:59 pm

he was joking with you...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 9:00 pm

That was my point KJ, that you are basically saying that we DO in fact knowingly bump consensus wack mc's.

Well you've been saying screw NY and all it's artists, so that says that you're closed minded.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 9:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Linker's is pretty bad too, he hates Nas and loves ICP, ewwwww!!!

LOL! My dude, I don't "hate" Nas, I just can't get into alot of his crap. I like him, but he's not someone I bump on a regular basis. Neither are ICP. My taste is very diverse and I listen to every aspect of this genre as I can. So you can't really say my taste is "bad".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 9:12 pm

Co-sign Linker except the ICP part. And I have stated A MILLION times my views on NY right now. Music=dope, Artists=need to stop bitching and make more dope music (i'm looking at you Mos Def, Nas, GFK, ETC ETC ETC)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 9:17 pm

Nero has a generally good taste in music but is too forgiving of the white man's rap deficiencies... he's like a better Pounds in that respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 9:18 pm

Justin Linker wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Linker's is pretty bad too, he hates Nas and loves ICP, ewwwww!!!

LOL! My dude, I don't "hate" Nas, I just can't get into alot of his crap. I like him, but he's not someone I bump on a regular basis. Neither are ICP. My taste is very diverse and I listen to every aspect of this genre as I can. So you can't really say my taste is "bad".

Ok my bad. I always thought that you were an ICP fan though. If I'm mistaken then I apologize.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 10:05 pm

Dude, just because I like Liquid Assassin doesnt' mean I forgive all white rappers' defeciencies.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:27 am

I still have the best taste on this forum.

I'm like eating filet mignon and you guys are like eating cardboard with no tounge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who got the best listening taste on this forum?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next