Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wale - Attention Deficit

Go down 
+3
Justice
T. Myers
Jason
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

Wale - Attention Deficit Empty
PostSubject: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 12:44 pm

Don't know if anyone else was looking forward to this album, I don't remember much Wale discussion here, but it leaked probably 10 days ago now. I didn't post about it earlier because it was pretty underwhelming on my first listen. It has gotten better on subsequent listens, but it's not as consistently good as the Mixtape About Nothing, which is still the best thing Wale has done.

Wale - Attention Deficit Wale-attentiondeficit

01. Triumph (prod. Dave Sitek)
02. Mamma Told Me
03. Mirrors f. Bun B (prod. Mark Ronson)
04. Pretty Girls f. Gucci Mane & Weensey (of Backyard Band) (prod. Best Kept Secret)
05. World Tour f Jazmine Sullivan (prod.Cool & Dre)
06. Let It Loose (Inhibitions) f. Pharrell Williams (prod. The Neptunes)
07. 90210 (prod. Mark Ronson)
08. Shades f. Chrisette Michele (prod. 9th Wonder)
09. Chillin’ f. Lady Gaga (prod. Cool & Dre)
10. TV In The Radio f. K’Naan (prod. Dave Sitek)
11. Contemplate (prod. Syience)
12. Diary f. Marsha Ambrosius
13. Beautiful Bliss f. Melanie Fiona & J.Cole (prod. DJ Green Lantern & Mark Ronson)
14. Prescription
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 1:18 pm

It's solid but ininspired.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 1:52 pm

I was actually very surprised by this album. His mix tapes are really hit and miss but I could listen to this almost all of the way through. Probably rate it at 3.75-4.0.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 1:11 pm

Wale is one of those guys that was hyped up without showing & proving
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 2:00 pm

Wale is wack IMO. Overrated as hell.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 12:14 am

"Wale is wack IMO. Overrated as hell."

That delivery of his is lazy as hell. It's like he almost went to sleep on that BET Awards cypher.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 10:14 am

I won't pull Tran and say it's out of this world because this guy shares the same area code as me. It's so-so...

3.75 for me. Wack, though? Not from what I can tell. Dude can spit...he just doesn't amaze on this album.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 11:56 pm

I like what I heard just skimming through it, it sounds betta than I originally thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 11:57 pm

Yeah I didn't think it was that bad. And his deliver is comparable to Drake, J.Cole, etc etc whatever newcomer anybody might be jocking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:07 am

Nah... Drake>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wale>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> J. Cole

as far as delivery goes... IMO

Wale gets a little lazy with it sometimes... like he raps lazy like Jay-z does sometimes... but Jay-z earned that by dropping dopeness before... whereas Wale needs to drop his reasonable doubt first and then can get cocky/lazy with the flow...

J. Cole is kind of redundant to me from what I heard... and as far as delivery I think Drake got them both cause he can cater his flow and delivery well to the audiences he's trying to reach - though he too gets lazy like he already earned it...
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 2:53 pm

I am at about a 3.5 to 3.75 myself. It may be better with additional listens, but I expected better. J Cole definitely got him on Beautiful Bliss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wale - Attention Deficit   Wale - Attention Deficit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wale - Attention Deficit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: