Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst comeback albums

Go down 
+8
Z-membu
Laced With Slang
Esco
J. Harris
Funk Seoul Brother
D.Powell
T. Myers
Dang! Trotter
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Worst comeback albums Empty
PostSubject: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 8:55 pm

Some rappers were better off in the oblivion they fell in instead of tryna make a comeback.

Wreck-N-Effect--"Rumpshaker" was their last claim to fame, the album was wack

Ultramagnetic MCs-Best Kept Secret-Just terrible

DOC--that voice is not cutting it
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 9:29 pm

Are you saying the album with Rumpshaker is wack, or the albums that followed is wack?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 10:55 pm

that Wreckx-N-Effect album Hard Or Smooth was their best album easily Trotter what are you talking about?? lol...Teddy Riley production over some smooth lyrics..that shit still bangs today...it was waaay better than their first one

anyway hmm comeback albums that should've stayed on the shelf??

Raekwon-Immobilarity
Big Daddy Kane-Prince Of Darkness
LL Cool J-Todd Smith
Kool G Rap-basically his entire solo career
Heavy D-Heavy
Outkast-Idlewild

those are some of the first ones that came to mind for me!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 11:04 pm

Yeah, Hard or Smooth is a slept on Gem IMO. Teddy Riley killed that joint.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 11:16 pm

The Love Movement

Not sure if it counts though...
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 12:36 am

Immobilarity?? Come on man! That joint was ill!
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 12:38 am

Did you all know that half of that Rumpshaker track was written by Pharrell?
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 12:39 am

J. Harris wrote:

Do you really think it was that good of an album?
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 5:15 am

Immobilarity is NOT a comeback album. A comeback LP is when an artist fall off or group break up than decides to take another crack at the rap game.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:59 am

J. Harris wrote:

Immobilarity was not ill.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 10:15 am

J. Harris wrote:

Ill?? huh J.Harris, ya really think so man??? I thought it was a 2 star album...I had big expectations for that one and it was damn near frisbee material for me..

And Trotter Immobilarity is a comeback album of sorts considering Rae released it 4 years after his greatest effort...he made heads wait 4 years for some BULLSHIT....add that one to the list man, sorry!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 11:35 am

^ yea but within that time he recorded all over Ironman as well as on Wu Tang Forever, he didnt go anywhere...so i wouldnt really call it a "come back"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 12:08 pm

1) Immobilarity is a comeback album.

2) It sucked.

I'd say Outkast's Idlewild.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 12:49 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
^ yea but within that time he recorded all over Ironman as well as on Wu Tang Forever, he didnt go anywhere...so i wouldnt really call it a "come back"

Hey RZA's son...it's a comeback my dude and it was HORRIBLE...it's okay man Wu-Tang is HUMAN and they make mistakes too...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 3:59 pm

Idlewild would not make this topic for me but I can see how it fits for others.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 6:15 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Hey RZA's son...it's a comeback my dude and it was HORRIBLE...it's okay man Wu-Tang is HUMAN and they make mistakes too...lol

fair enough, i still think the album is unfairly hated on songs like Jury, Live from NY, Casablanca, The Table, Sneakers, 100 Rounds, and Real Life are damn good song...listen to them again and tell me there wack, seriously, listen to the them and the lyrics and tell me there wack.

i will say the album should have ended at Sneakers though
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:01 pm

"fair enough, i still think the album is unfairly hated on songs like Jury, Live from NY, Casablanca, The Table, Sneakers, 100 Rounds, and Real Life are damn good song...listen to them again and tell me there wack, seriously, listen to the them and the lyrics and tell me there wack."

Co-sign. I know the beats weren't RZA-esque, but the lyrics were the definite highlight of the album. I think the majority of everyone on this post were speaking in regards to the beats. Just like Slang said, listen to those aforementioned tracks again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:41 pm

D.Powell wrote:
that Wreckx-N-Effect album Hard Or Smooth was their best album easily Trotter what are you talking about?? lol...Teddy Riley production over some smooth lyrics..that shit still bangs today...it was waaay better than their first one

Raekwon-Immobilarity
LL Cool J-Todd Smith
Heavy D-Heavy
Outkast-Idlewild

I agree with you on all of the above except for G Rap. I thought 4.5.6 was a solid album.

Another notable wack comeback albums....

DMX- Year Of The Dog
Method Man- Tical O: The Prequel (I didn't like Tical 2000 either, but this one was worse)
KRS One- The Sneak Attack (his second worst album next to Turn Right)
Dr Dre- Dr Dre Presents The Aftermath
UGK- Dirty Money
Craig Mack- Operation Get Down
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:44 pm

Dirty Money? Really? That album is far from wack. Did it live up to the hype? no, but it's still 4 stars easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:46 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Dirty Money? Really? That album is far from wack. Did it live up to the hype? no, but it's still 4 stars easily.

I hated it personally, but I can understand why UGK die-hards would like it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:49 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I hated it personally, but I can understand why UGK die-hards would like it.

I didn't think it was a die hard thing. Most everyone i know likes despite it being disappointing. Then again, I live in the south where most people are die hard fans. Even with saying that, i know people elsewhere who dig it like friends and family in Michigan and Ohio. I think Pounds likes it too.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 9:41 pm

Del - 11th Hour - does this count as a comback album? Because it pretty much sucked.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 9:58 pm

Immobilarity was weak.

Powell you didn't like 4, 5, 6?
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 10:13 pm

Dr Dre Presents The Aftermath isn't really a comeback album. I'm surprised that know one has brought up Kingdom Come.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 12:52 am

Nah, Immohomo is not a comeback album, Reakwon was prolly living high off the hog for 4 years and didn't need to drop an album anytime soon. Rae didn't like Rza's Bobby Digital persona..

Other wack comebacks was Das Efx's latest effort, EPMD's latest effort, and Channel Live's Armeghetto.

I was not too thrilled with EPMD's Back N Business and Brand Nubian's Foundation.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 1:15 am

you didnt like "Foundation" trotter?? i thought that was a dope album, good
production throughout...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 7:48 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
you didnt like "Foundation" trotter?? i thought that was a dope album, good
production throughout...

Co-Sign!! Foundation was a BANGER! I have that album at 4.5 stars personally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 7:50 pm

Justice wrote:
Dr Dre Presents The Aftermath isn't really a comeback album. I'm surprised that know one has brought up Kingdom Come.

I consider Dre Presents The Aftermath a comeback album because it was about 4 years between that album and The Chronic.

Jay Z's Kingdom Come was pretty weak, I should have mentioned that one.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 7:52 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Raekwon-Immobilarity
LL Cool J-Todd Smith
Heavy D-Heavy
Outkast-Idlewild

Damn i acctually think that kool g raps roots of evil and 456 are decent. so i cant take any of your opinions serious now because of that. you dont like roots of evil and 456, i dont like BP3 and untitled. i think its fine but its a reason for you to lose respect for people
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 8:06 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I consider Dre Presents The Aftermath a comeback album because it was about 4 years between that album and The Chronic.

Dre only raps on one song and produced just over half of it.... Doesn't matter it was a shitty album anyway.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 11:04 am

TheHazardous wrote:
Immobilarity was weak.

Nah I wasn't really feeling it man...I thought it was a 3 star album...I expected waaay more from G Rap's solo career considering he's one of the best to ever do it...I always thought he needed better production on all of his solo efforts man

Trotter this is the second time you have listed an official BANGER as below par...I'm starting to wonder about you man...Brand Nubian-Foundation was a BANGER...4.25 stars easily man...where are your ears located man...lol

Last edited by D.Powell on Thu 19 Nov 2009, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 3:34 pm

Dirty Money by UGK was pretty dissapointing IMO.

Big Mike's albums as well...

anything master P did after Da Last Don

Lords of the Underground had a garbage come back did they not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 3:55 pm

SRP did you check out Mike's new one Serious As Can Be?
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 5:39 pm

I like Dirty Money however I prefer the original version of "Look At Me".

They also removed some of the tracks that were supposed to be on it and the last few were tacked on to combat downloading.

Jive screwed them royally on that joint.

Jive wanted them to build on "Big Pimpin craze" so they screwed them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 6:20 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:

Big Mike's albums as well...

Lords of the Underground had a garbage come back did they not?

Big Mike's Somethin Serious was a classic IMO.

I only own LOTUG's first two albums, but from what I heard their comeback album did suck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 6:24 pm

D.Powell wrote:
TheHazardous wrote:
Immobilarity was weak.

Nah I wasn't really feeling it man...I thought it was a 3 star album...I expected waaay more from G Rap's solo career considering he's one of the best to ever do it...I always thought he needed better production on all of his solo efforts man

Trotter this is the second time you have listed an official BANGER as below par...I'm starting to wonder about you man...Brand Nubian-Foundation was a BANGER...4.25 stars easily man...where are your ears located man...lol

I disagree with you on 4, 5, 6. I thought it was a solid album. The production could have been better, but G Rap's rhymes weren't lacking at all. Fast Life alone is worth 2 stars.

Foundation was definitely bangin. In fact, I like it just as much as In God We Trust.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 6:36 pm

Was Resurrection LOTUG's comeback? If so, it wasn't bad.

The one they put out in 07, though....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst comeback albums   Worst comeback albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst comeback albums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: