Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2

Go down 
5 posters

50 Worst?
Yes
50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Vote_lcap77%50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Vote_rcap
 77% [ 17 ]
No
50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Vote_lcap23%50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage

50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Empty
PostSubject: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 11:04 am

Vanilla Ice
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 11:19 am

Another idiot...nuff said
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 11:20 am

Nah, VI is hated on unfairly. I don't LIKE his music, but he's not the wackest alive as I've said before.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 11:44 am

Even if he's not the wackest he is most certainly ONE of the wackest to ever do it

let's not deny him his claim to fame...let him bask in all the glory he created for himself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 11:58 am

I dunno about that man, I sincerely think people give him crap for being poppy. He's not Souljah Boi or Yung Joc, the main produced his own records and had people that weren't even into hip hop buying his stuff. Weak? To be sure. Wack? I don't know about that. Same with Hammer. Can you really blame either of them for wanting to make money?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 11:59 am

all the white people voting no need to get over it - not only are VI's rhyme skills limited - he was a poser who lied about being from the streets of Miami to try to conform to whatever stereotypes he had of rappers and then switched his style and stance completely when he saw it more advantageous to him. Easily top 50 worst.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 11:59 am

Of course it has to be about him being white.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:03 pm

That's the only reason I could see people on this board voting that way... can you really think of 50 other acts that have represent hip-hop worse than VI? I mean he's doing rock now isn't he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:05 pm

He's doing rap-metal. And seriously, if you think that's how I think, you should probably re-evaluate your opinion of me. I said "just like Hammer" so how is about race? You didn't say "worst to represent hip hop" you said "wackest" those are two TOTALLY different things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:07 pm

The title is clearly worst... so worst is open to intepretation. It could be skills or it could be some dumb crap they did to make the music look bad.

So they could be one in the same.

Point blank, you brought up VI first and Hammer is only an afterthought...

But it wasn't even directed to you, but the other 2 phantom votes that are probably some of the lurkers on here and let's face most people on here are white...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:13 pm

I think the hatred for VI is a little out of line, but he is one of the 50 worst just for setting the white MC back a decade. He left a nasty stain on hip hop with his ninja rap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:22 pm

I see your point SRP, but this had nothing to do with race. Based on race, he should be in the 50 worst for (as T said) setting whites back a decade or two. Some one may have voted based on race but I simply didn't. I think ICP is FAR FAAAAR wacker than VI.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:28 pm

ICP is coming on there too. I think even without his whiteness he is in consideration.

Just like hammer for making wack pop music and then squandering all his money like an idiot... and then a wack comeback album...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 1:00 pm

Vanilla Ice gets worst vote from me because of his corny azz image. Lyrically he was not the wackest but he tried to hard to be cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 1:47 pm

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
Nah, VI is hated on unfairly. I don't LIKE his music, but he's not the wackest alive as I've said before.

Cosign. Vanilla Ice is pretty bad and I don't listen to his albums. However, I have heard his albums and there has got to be 50 dudes worse than Vanilla Ice. He ain't that bad.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 1:53 pm

Average Homeboy is by far the worst rapper I've ever heard. Look him up on youtube (can't post links?).
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 3:25 pm

Worst 50.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 3:40 pm

Dwight wrote:
Worst 50.

Maybe on a grand scale....meaning popular or known hip-hop artists. But still, I don't think he's even close.

If you click around on Myspace for 30 minutes you can find at least 50 rappers who suck far more than Vanilla Ice who have released more than 1 album. It's really not that hard. If you look at it like that, there are probably tens of thousands rappers worse than Vanilla Ice.

Now, if you guys are just talking about rappers that the public loves to hate. Ice is definitely worst 50.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 3:53 pm

Co-sign Al.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 4:56 pm

Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:
Dwight wrote:
Worst 50.

Maybe on a grand scale....meaning popular or known hip-hop artists. But still, I don't think he's even close.

If you click around on Myspace for 30 minutes you can find at least 50 rappers who suck far more than Vanilla Ice who have released more than 1 album. It's really not that hard. If you look at it like that, there are probably tens of thousands rappers worse than Vanilla Ice.

Now, if you guys are just talking about rappers that the public loves to hate. Ice is definitely worst 50.

Well you're right that there are probably a lot of lesser know rappers whom are worse than Vanilla Ice, but I'm not really familiar with many myspace rappers. I'm voting for the worst rappers that are somewhat known from the mainstream or underground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 5:01 pm

That myspace argument is pure bullshit... of course I could go on myspace and find 5000 rappers who suck...

point is you have to be known in some way to be considered the worst and poser Ice fits the bill all around..
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 5:13 pm

yea probly worst 50, but i actually like vanilla ice as a person lol....hes hilarious on those reality shows and admits how much of a clown he was...it was great when he blew up on that show and started throwing the drum set everywhere: classic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 5:16 pm

RoyceJustShootsNines wrote:
That myspace argument is pure bullshit... of course I could go on myspace and find 5000 rappers who suck...

point is you have to be known in some way to be considered the worst and poser Ice fits the bill all around..

Even with that criteria, do you think he's more wack than all the Soulja Boy's and Hurricane Chris' out there? I'm not sure how many there are. I don't exactly follow. I will say Vanilla Ice is shockingly unabashed at how embarrassingly bad each of his subsequent releases are. And he'll probably keep going.

But I think the Myspace argument is valid, because it's not exclusive to Myspace. Forget myspace. Just think about some of the real indy rappers we talk about who are unknown to 99+% of the rap listening public out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 5:31 pm

Here's the bottom line, I understand your thinking SRP and I respect that opinion. I just wish you could admit that maybe you could see where I'm coming from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 5:37 pm

Vanilla Ice is HORRIBLE! He paved the way for posers EVERYWHERE and those same posers still exist today.

It's funny how Nero defends Vanilla Ice, but hates on Serch. Makes no sense at all.

Dude makes Lil Wayne sound like Biggie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 1:18 pm

I guess you have to say yes to this question. Ice Ice Baby was one of the biggest records of all time tho.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 4:57 pm

damn didnt realize his first album sold 11 million copies and was the fastest selling hip hop album ever
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 5:03 pm

has anyone ever heard his album "Bi-Polar"...i havent but just looked at the tracklist:

Skabz
# Title Producer(s) Length
1. "Introduction" 0:11
2. "Nothing Is Real" (Ice, Train, Feat, Josh Brainard, Roy Mayorga, Jason Mendelson) Ice 4:26
3. "Molton" (Ice, "T" Tim McMurtrie, Chris "Hitman" Antonopoulos) Ice 3:13
4. ""Mudd Munster" (Ice, Feat, Billy Milano, Josh Brainard, Roy Mayorga, Jason Mendelson) Ice 3:24
5. "Exhale" (Ice, Feat, "T" Tim McMurtrie, Billy Milano) "T" Tim McMurtrie, Steve Evetts and Ice 2:56
6. "Hate" (Ice) Ice 5:24
7. "Primal Side" (Ice, Feat, Josh Brainard, Roy Mayorga, Jason Mendelson) Ice 5:23
8. "I Know" (Ice, "T" Tim McMurtrie, Rod J) "T" Tim McMurtrie, Steve Evetts and Ice 4:43
29:42
Bomb Tha System
# Title Producer(s) Length
9. "Hip Hop Intro" 0:10
10. "Hip Hop Rules" (Ice, Train, Feat, La Tha Darkman) Ice 4:32
11. "O.K.S." (Ice, Feat, Psycho, DJ Street) Ice 3:40
12. "Dirty South" (Ice, Zero, Feat, Zeno, Rod-J, Calico) Ice and Zero 3:42
13. "Hot Sex" (Ice, Bob Kakaha, REM) Ice 4:50
14. "Unbreakable" (Ice, Feat, La Tha Darkman) Ice 3:09
15. "Detonator" (Ice, Feat, Train) Ice 3:38
16. "Elvis Killed Kennedy" (Ice, Feat, Mista Chuck A.K.A. Chuck D, Rahan) Ice 3:40
17. "Insane Killas" (Ice, Train, Feat, Insane Clown Posse, La Tha Darkman, Zeno) Ice and Zeno 5:02
18. "Tha Weed Song" (Ice, Zeno, Blu, Feat, Rahan) Ice 5:15
19. "Get Your Ass Up" (Ice, Feat, Pearla, Zeno) Ice 2:53
20. "Crash And Burn" (Phone Message—Ross Robinson) 0:47
21. "Vampiro" (Phone Message—ICP) 0:13
22. "MC & Slasher" (Phone Message—Jeramy Mcgrath, Victor Sheldon) 0:10
23. "Anthropology 101" (Phone Message—Zero) 0:15
24. "White Trash" (Ice—Quote From Cape Fear)

apparently tracks 9-24 are the hip hop tracks lol....but did anyone know Blu, La The Darkman, and Chuck D were on this....the funk?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2   50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

50 Worst Hip Hop Acts of All Time: Day 2
Page 1 of 1