Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

50 Worst Day 3

Go down 
4 posters

50 Worst
Yes
50 Worst Day 3 Vote_lcap25%50 Worst Day 3 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
No
50 Worst Day 3 Vote_lcap75%50 Worst Day 3 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 12:30 pm

MC Hammer...

The man had limited rhyme skills and embarrassed us all by squandering 24 million dollars... what say you?
Back to top Go down

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 12:31 pm

RoyceJustShootsNines wrote:
MC Hammer...

The man had limited rhyme skills and embarrassed us all by squandering 24 million dollars... what say you?

How did he "embarrass us all"?

I voted "no". Same reasons as Vanilla Ice - only to a lesser extent.
Back to top Go down

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 1:16 pm

Hammer had a big impact on the industry. Everybody rocked to "U cant touch this". I dont care who you are.
Back to top Go down

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 1:18 pm

Everybody rocked Ice Ice baby too.. point being?
Back to top Go down

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 1:24 pm

Hammer was a serious rapper and people forget that. The man was real and seemed to have love for the art. Just so happens he could dance his azz off and people felt his energy. Hammer was the blueprint for so many pop rappers and the reason Vanilla ICe was created I feel.
Back to top Go down

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 1:40 pm

KRob - so you give Hammer credit for so many pop rappers but then diss those very pop rappers he was the blueprint for? smh...
Back to top Go down

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 1:44 pm

SRP you're always gonna be my dude but you rag on Kev constantly for bitching about the way people vote in his thread then you start a thread and do the same crap.
Back to top Go down

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 1:51 pm

I'm not bitching about how people vote... I'm discussing the topic... asking though provoking questions... people can vote how they want but is it not contradictory to bitch about pop rappers and then give props to the originator of the style?

Try Again...
Back to top Go down

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 1:54 pm

Lol fair enough.

Vanilla Ice and Hammer get a bad rap.

As J-Zone once said "Rollin thru the hood bumpin Ice Ice Baby...What? It's better than the crap that's come out lately."
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 4:40 pm

I voted no, but it wouldn't take much to convince me to change my vote. He a bandwagon rapper, anybody heard Doing Da Thizz off of Look Look Look...hilarious.
Back to top Go down

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 4:47 pm

I respect Hammer as a person because he seems like a really nice guy with some good morals. That said, he was a wack MC and definitely one of the 50 wackest of all time.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 4:52 pm

my dad met Hammer a LONG time ago at a bar lol
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 4:55 pm

He lives in Tracy, home of the inbread criminal. I got a friend that sees that fool in the grocery store from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 5:02 pm

At his peak and during his era, Hammer had skills. Dude went pop at a time when that was a cardinal sin amongst most hip hop circles and pretty much confirmed his back turning behavior when he dropped the "MC" from his name. That's why he caught hell.

Dude didn't make a bad album up until he lost his mind, sold out, and started fuckin' with Deion Sanders (LMAO). His first two albums are 3.5 or better. Seriously, KJ...you didn't dig "Turn This Mutha Out" or "Pump It Up" or "They Put Me In The Mix" back in '89? He was able to make a second album because his first one was very well recieved by hip hop heads...not pop heads. Vanilla Ice may have been born out of the Hammer movement, but he wasn't all that bad either. His first album was pretty good, actually...he just had "wack ass poser" written all over him from the onset. For him, it was over before it started. During the time of both their debuts, though, you could argue that they both were skilled rappers...

Hammer isn't wack, he's just the poster boy for sellouts.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 5:12 pm

Kopasetick wrote:

Dude didn't make a bad album up until he lost his mind, sold out, and started fuckin' with Deion Sanders (LMAO). His first two albums are 3.5 or better. Seriously, KJ...you didn't dig "Turn This Mutha Out" or "Pump It Up" or "They Put Me In The Mix" back in '89?

I liked the production on those songs, as well as Pray but lyrically he was sub-par. He was the Golden Ages version of Diddy.
Back to top Go down

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 3:02 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

I liked the production on those songs, as well as Pray but lyrically he was sub-par. He was the Golden Ages version of Diddy.

Lyrically, thats a pretty good comparison.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 4:00 pm

"anybody heard Doing Da Thizz off of Look Look Look...hilarious."

That sounds very funny. I am going to youtube that song and laugh.

Diddy doesn't write his own lyrics...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

50 Worst Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 Worst Day 3   50 Worst Day 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

50 Worst Day 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: