Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions on these rare West Coast gems.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Opinions on these rare West Coast gems. Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on these rare West Coast gems.   Opinions on these rare West Coast gems. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 3:56 pm

Let's get some opinions on these albums:

K-Dee "Ass, Gas, or Cash"-Dope, really laid back album. Hard to find now, wish i had kept my copy. 4.0

Kausion "South Central Las Skanless"-Dope album from group produced by Cube. One album and they disappear. 4.0

RBL Posse "Ruthless by Law"-Bluebird used to be my joint! Funk filled album. 3.75

Lil 1/2 Dead "The Dead has Arisen"-Blew me away first time i heard it. Rare as hell now. 4.25
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these rare West Coast gems.   Opinions on these rare West Coast gems. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 4:06 pm

I have 3 of the 4 but have only heard RBL Posse and 1/2 Dead - agree with your ratings - though RBL is around 4 for me. Need to bump that K-Dee - never heard that Kausion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these rare West Coast gems.   Opinions on these rare West Coast gems. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 4:07 pm

K-Dee "Ass, Gas, or Cash"-this imo is the best album out of these. Think Devin The Dude on the west coast tip and this is what you got. Then: 4.5-5.0 Now: 4.0-.4.25

Kausion "South Central Las Skanless"-I got this cd late and could not believe how dope it is.
These youngstas could rap there azz off. 4.0

RBL Posse "Ruthless by Law"- I had this tape but remember not feeling it much, I like gangsta/hardcore but with some meaning. They just seemed stuck on str8 gangsta shit with no point.

Lil 1/2 Dead "The Dead has Arisen"- Lol...I just remember the single of this album and how low budget the video was, it had these retro color effects in it. Didn't really dig this tape but honestly I don't remember it much either.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these rare West Coast gems.   Opinions on these rare West Coast gems. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 4:51 pm

RBL Posse "Ruthless by Law"

RBL's finest album in my opinion-with Lesson to be Learned right behind it. Shits one of the most West Coast Gangster Funk albums youll ever hear..a handful of memorable tracks (Blue Bird, Got my 9, Smoke a Blunt(my fave track),etc.)..The kind of album you sit and chill to while..excuse the cliche..drinking a 40 or smoking a blunt...

If youre thinking about picking this up..pick it up
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these rare West Coast gems.   Opinions on these rare West Coast gems. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 5:23 pm

Ass, Gas, or Cash - Love it, still have it, scratched up pretty good tho. Keep wishing he'll drop another like most of the artists Cube puts on.

South Central Los Skanless - It was good, had it when it came out, but got stolen or lost along the way. Gonzoe of the Regime is by far the best in this Cube group.

Ruthless By Law - Love it, one of my favorite discs ever.

The Dead Has Arisen - Bought it because the Snoop mention in Little Ghetto Boy, don't remember liking more than a few tracks on here, don't know what happend to it, don't really care.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these rare West Coast gems.   Opinions on these rare West Coast gems. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 9:22 pm

The Dead Has Arisen is my jam! One of my best downloads ever. Hopefully I'll own an official copy one day but definitely not dropping $30 for it.

I'll have to check the rest.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these rare West Coast gems.   Opinions on these rare West Coast gems. Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2009, 11:40 pm

RBL - Ruthless By Law!! I'm glad someone brought that up. That is definitely one of the top West Coast gems for me of all time. Listen To My Creep is one of the best tracks on there. Easily a 4.5/5 for me!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these rare West Coast gems.   Opinions on these rare West Coast gems. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions on these rare West Coast gems.
Page 1 of 1