Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overrated/Underrated Day 4

Go down 
+2
Cold Loungin
T. Myers
6 posters

overrated or underrated
overrated
Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Vote_lcap9%Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
underrated
Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Vote_lcap64%Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
accurate
Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Vote_lcap27%Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Empty
PostSubject: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 9:24 am

This album left some people disappointed. It was a long time coming, and it didn't sound anythink like his debut.

Snnop Dogg-Tha Doggfather
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 9:42 am

I think the thing was that Doggystyle was such a hit, it left a huge stigma with it, which also incorporates Dre's production. On Doggfather Snoop's music and character has matured more from the 19? year old that he was back in 93.

I got no problems with Doggfather album, like I've said before, it's some straight up LBC style funk.. An experienced cast of producers DJ Pooh, Daz, Supafly... shit was tight.

I vote it underrated cos of the amount of people who don't seem to get into it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 11:05 am

I agree with Lounge all the way. This album is underrated as hell and just because it was cursed to come behind Doggystyle. I am in no way saying its classic or near it but it is not as bad as a lot say. I got this one at 3.75-4.0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 11:23 am

I think it's under-rated.

Kev, how harsh is your grading system that you say something is under-rated but give it a 3.75?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 12:11 pm

Kev's stated his rating system many a time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 2:29 pm

Shaun wrote:
Kev's stated his rating system many a time.

Is it me or does all Shaun do is answer questions directed at other posters... and then fail to address the original post... smh

Underrated for the reasons Lounge gave and one of my favorite snoop albums personally.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 2:32 pm

smh. I haven't heard this in a long while and wouldn't be able to say if it was overrated or not. So, shut yo faccccccccccccccccce
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 3:20 pm

Never listened to it. Not the biggest Snoop fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 3:54 pm

N3R0 wrote:
I think it's under-rated.

Kev, how harsh is your grading system that you say something is under-rated but give it a 3.75?

Because when I think underrated I think about all the people I have heard shit on this album. I have also seen even lower rankings then 3.75.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 4:09 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
Underrated for the reasons Lounge gave and one of my favorite snoop albums personally.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 6:49 pm

Ehhh, average album to me. When it first came out i was very disappointed with it but over the years it has gotten better. I guess "Doggystyle" spoiled me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 11:19 pm

I'll say accurate because I thought the album was a dud. I only liked a few tracks.

I remember buying this and Mobb Deep's Hell On Earth on the same day, and after spinning both I only fully spun Doggfather once or twice ever again, whereas I still spin Hell On Earth to this day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 4   Overrated/Underrated Day 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overrated/Underrated Day 4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: