Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

City vs. City Versus vol. 1

Go down 
5 posters

City vs. City Vol. 1
Brooklyn
City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Vote_lcap43%City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Queens
City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Vote_lcap57%City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Vote_rcap
 57% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Empty
PostSubject: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 9:00 pm

Who has the best overall talented rappers? Take lyricism, impact, catalog, style, flow, etc etc into consideration.
Brooklyn or Queensbridge?

Just a few from each

Brooklyn
Biggie
Jay-Z
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Big Daddy Kane
AZ
MOP
Masta Ace
Chubb Rock

Queens
Mobb Deep
Cormega
Nas
Noreaga
Mc Shan
Kool G Rap
LL Cool J
50 Cent
Tragedy Khadafi
Craig G
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 11:23 pm

funk em both...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 11:33 pm

The the the the bridge the bridge the bridge Queensbridge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 11:34 pm

QB for me also...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 11:42 pm

I didn't vote for Queens... I was just listening to The Bridge.

No, but I voted for QB
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 1:13 am

QB all day.

Last edited by Cise Starr on Tue 26 May 2009, 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 9:36 am

Brooklyn for me thay have more legends and lyricists to me but both run neck in neck. I like Brooklyn's natural swag in thier rappers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 1:50 pm

It's a close call but I gotta go with Brooklyn because they're deeper. After Nas, LL, Mobb Deep, and G Rap there's a bit of a dropoff for Queens. You gotta throw MC Lyte in the Brooklyn section as well.

EDIT: Also, even though they claim Staten Island, most of the members of Wu-Tang are from Brooklyn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 1:58 pm

Queens..Esco + Infamous Mobb Deep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 2:02 pm

Biggie and Nas are the two best so they cancel each other out. The difference though is Jay-Z and Kane, I think they beat anybody else from Queens.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 11:59 am

My vote goes to B.r.oo.k.lyn the Planet...

Peace

Last edited by arokone on Mon 25 May 2009, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 3:53 pm

"Biggie and Nas are the two best so they cancel each other out. The difference though is Jay-Z and Kane, I think they beat anybody else from Queens."

I'll run it down the way I see it (I took 50 out so it would be 9vs9)

Brooklyn
Biggie
Jay-Z
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Big Daddy Kane
AZ
MOP
Masta Ace
Chubb Rock

Queens
Mobb Deep
Cormega
Nas
Noreaga
Mc Shan
Kool G Rap
LL Cool J
Tragedy Khadafi
Craig G

Ok, we can say Nas and Biggie cancel each other out. I'll take Cormega over Jay all day. Mega hasn't dropped anything under 4 stars IMO, and his first two were classics to me. Mobb Deep vs. Mos Def and Talib? Counting both of their solo careers and Blackstar, I'll take Brooklyn here, anyday of the week. BDK, AZ (one of my top 20 favorites), and Masta Ace are the only ones left that can really even hold a candle to everything Cool J's done. Add in Tragedy, Craig G, and Kool G Rap and it's no contest, IMO
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 6:33 pm

I've gotta go with Q-Boro here...to me they have always had the most talented emcees to ever do it IMO...not just Queensbridge but the entire boro of Queens

LL Cool J
Mobb Deep
Kool G Rap
Marley Marl
Nas
A Tribe Called Quest
Onyx
Run-D.M.C.
Large Pro/Main Source
Noreaga
CNN
Tragedy
Shan
'Mega

I mean I love the emcees outta BK and The BX too, Manhattan and Staten Island as well, also can't forget Westchester (Heavy D, Pete Rock, Jadakiss, DMX, CL Smooth,Brand Nubian etc)......NYC is the best to ever do it and this should show that but I've always favored the Queens emcees for some reason so I'll go with them here
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 6:41 pm

Oh shoot, I forgot Tribe is from Queens, and I listened to basically all of their work last night, ha. Queens for sure, now

"NYC is the best to ever do it and this should show that but I've always favored the Queens emcees for some reason so I'll go with them here"

Me too. Queens rappers just sound completely different for some reason, and it really stands out to me.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 10:13 pm

yea based on these lists id take Queens, but Brooklyn is missing a lot of people like all of Boot Camp, GZA, ODB, Jeru the Damaja, Busta Rhymes...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 10:21 pm

Fuck New York.

Nah, but really I'm going with Queens. Juice Crew...need I say more?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 12:38 pm

Brooklyn keeps on taking it!!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 1:22 pm

And Queens keeps on faking it!

My vote is still Queens, though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 2:52 pm

Based on the lists, I'll go with Queens. Even though I don't pay that close of attention who is from Queens and who is from Brooklyn - or any other part of NY for that matter. Just like a I don't care if some of my favorite rappers rep Minneapolis or St. Paul. NY is NY, and MN is MN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City vs. City Versus vol. 1   City vs. City Versus vol. 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

City vs. City Versus vol. 1
Page 1 of 1