Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed? Empty
PostSubject: Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed?   Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 8:12 pm

Well it's not all trash, but lately I have come away 1000X more impressed by guys like Freddie Gibbs and Mikkey than anyone like a Lupe Fiasco, Wale, or J. Cole.

Each of those has their merits and so forth - but it seems these young cats lose focus and crumble under the pressure once they are signed...
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed?   Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 10:22 pm

I'm glad you're likin that Freddie Gibbs....
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed?   Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 11:43 pm

I do agree, in a way. Lupe I feel like is doing his thing as much as ever, but with J. Cole and Wale it does seem forced. It seems as if they are not allowed to be as creative, and the frustrating part is that it seems like the artists who try to fit this just get their shit pushed back a lot (Chamillionaire's new album for example). Chamillionaire has been around a while now and it just seems like he is frustrated by what the label wants his album to be. I do not feel like these young guys are losing anything, but rather the label does not want to hear it. I feel like the guy that has managed to get past this is B.o.B. I am digging him a lot and he seems to have overcame what is stereotypically needed from a new artist. The funny thing abotu Wale is that Mixtape About Nothing took all the stereotypes of a mixtape/album and just made it into something special, so it is unfortunate that his album was so bland.
Regardless, I feel like this young guys do have a lot of talent, and in terms of new artists who seem poised to dominate the mainstream in the near future, I see a lot of potential. Hopefully they will just be allowed to put out their best stuff instead of resorting to generic safe albums.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed?   Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 11:45 pm

new artists are pussies for the most part, plain and simple

everything they have has been given to them, no hunger, no heart, no soul
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed?   Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed? Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 9:57 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
no hunger, no heart, no soul

And all this time I thought I was the only one noticing...

Co-signage.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed?   Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed? Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 8:17 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
no hunger, no heart, no soul

And all this time I thought I was the only one noticing...

Co-signage.

MIMS "This is why i'm Hot"..recognize
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed?   Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aren't The Unsigned Emcees 1000X better than the trash signed?
Page 1 of 1