Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WU-TANG SUCKS

Go down 
+2
Esco
ACRID"
6 posters
AuthorMessage

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 11:23 pm

No dude! Let's compare random ass shitty fucking collectives that aren't really collectives! And let's use EVERYBODY who ever got any sort of production from Organized Noise, but we'll only use the main 9 Wu members! Also, we'll just ignore the typical standards by which certain douchebags judge rappers/groups, such as impact, creativity, influence and records sold!

WUTANG IS THE WORST GROUP OF ALL TIME THEY SHOULD BE IN SRPS TOP 50 WORST AT NUMBER 1!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 11:43 am

Dude, put the bottle down yo, for real......
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 2:11 pm

acrid.one wrote:

lol, I think he's being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 3:42 pm

"acrid.one wrote:

lol, I think he's being sarcastic."

Yeah, but still...

And acrid, if you told me that, I would say no. Just putting it out there
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 11:04 pm

WU-TANG SUCKS 2pr
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 1:15 am

Relevant?
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 3:19 am

Yeah, SRP would think someone like Seagram is on par with KRS-One or Nas
Back to top Go down

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 9:26 am

Trotter you think Megalon is on par with KRS One and Nas so why don't you shut up.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 9:49 am

Shon wrote:
Relevant?

lol does it have to be
Back to top Go down

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 9:55 am

Wu Tang, as a GROUP THAT MAKES ALBUMS AND NOT A COLLECTIVE, is mad over-rated. As a collective I can see their influence rivaling a group like Juice Crew but strictly as a rap group I'll admit I'm not a fan.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 4:54 pm

thats crazy nero...36 Chambers, Forever, and the W are all classics imo
Back to top Go down

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 5:19 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

The W IS NOT a classic, not even close! I rank Iron Flag over that album, and I don't consider that classic either.

I have Wu-Tang Forever at 4.5 stars, but I can see why some would call it a classic.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 5:53 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

The W IS NOT a classic, not even close! I rank Iron Flag over that album, and I don't consider that classic either.

I have Wu-Tang Forever at 4.5 stars, but I can see why some would call it a classic.

The W is just as good as Forever, its so creative and original, and it brought back the skeletal "36 chamberish" sound Forever was missing, the only song i dont really listen to is Conditioner

I Cant go to Sleep is one of my favorite songs ever, and Ghost was at his absolute best on this album, his BEST

songs like Hollow Bones, Chamber Music, Do you Really, Careful, etc, etc

this album is more "wu" than forever
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 6:40 pm

I think the W was dope but not as good as Forever. No way is Iron Flag as good as the W. Iron Flag is the weakest Wu album in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 8:48 pm

You guys need to put the pipes down...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 4:09 am

Agreed
Back to top Go down

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 11:03 am

I know dude is joking, but c'mon.

The Wu....Classic? I wouldn't say that by a long shot. Wu Tang Forever would take the classic slot because it only has 2 throw away songs (Maria, and Black Shampoo). How many artists can make a double cd, and not have the following happen:
One cd is better than the other
or the album being littered with so much filler, that you have to keep your finger on the skip button?

WTF is damn near perfect.

For me, The W was a mess. It had very few good songs on it (Hollow Bones, I Can't Go to Sleep are the only ones that stand out right now), and some crappy ones (MC Conditioner being the crappiest.)
Back to top Go down

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 11:21 am

"WTF is damn near perfect"...lol because the initials are WTF AND because...yeah.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 4:39 pm

a.scott wrote:

The Wu....Classic? I wouldn't say that by a long shot. Wu Tang Forever would take the classic slot because it only has 2 throw away songs (Maria, and Black Shampoo). How many artists can make a double cd, and not have the following happen:
or the album being littered with so much filler, that you have to keep your finger on the skip button?

For me, The W was a mess. It had very few good songs on it (Hollow Bones, I Can't Go to Sleep are the only ones that stand out right now), and some crappy ones (MC Conditioner being the crappiest.)

If you think about it, the Clan must have had an easier time making a double LP. People like Nas,Biggie,Jay & Pac all had to write around 25 songs all by themselves, while the Wu have 9 MC's about the same amount that those single artists had to write on their own. It kind of hard for the album not to be good lyrically.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 6:40 pm

Yeah, but then you've got 9 guys that have to agree with the songs' place on the album. It could actually make it more tedious
Back to top Go down

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 7:51 pm

Not when Rza's in charge.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 8:01 pm

True, good sir, true
Back to top Go down

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 9:12 pm

I actually think that was the problem with Iron Flag, egos getting in the way of making good music...not enough Rza...
Back to top Go down

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 4:37 pm

Esco wrote:
a.scott wrote:

If you think about it, the Clan must have had an easier time making a double LP. People like Nas,Biggie,Jay & Pac all had to write around 25 songs all by themselves, while the Wu have 9 MC's about the same amount that those single artists had to write on their own. It kind of hard for the album not to be good lyrically.

That could be a strong possibility as to why Forever was a really good double LP. I bet it was hard to put together due to having 9 different opinions in the mix. It would definitely be amazing if a single artist could produce an almost flawless double cd like the Wu did.
Back to top Go down

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 9:24 am

I have Forever in the classic category and W at around 4 stars.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 4:49 am

IronFlag was a mess. But I cant believe The Source gave it more mics than the W
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WU-TANG SUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WU-TANG SUCKS   WU-TANG SUCKS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WU-TANG SUCKS
Page 1 of 1