Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Fri 11 Dec 2009, 11:30 pm

...the Slim Shady LP much more than the Marshall Mathers LP?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Fri 11 Dec 2009, 11:37 pm

Nah, I like it more too. Just a different type of album.. raw, lyrical, crazy... Marshall Mathers was more Eminem realizing he was a star and trying to make a hot album...which he did... but I prefer the raw Em on SSLP
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 12:50 am

I wish he had put Low Down and Dirty from the EP on the SSLP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 12:55 am

Agree, J., that song is fucking classic and woulda fit seemlessly on that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 2:17 pm

I like the MMLP better because of the deep subject matter, but both are classics in my book.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 5:49 pm

I like the Slim Shady LP better too. I think the Marshall Mathers LP is a bit overrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 5:53 pm

I think they are two different albums for two different times and reasons. Slim Shady LP is classic raw Em but MMLP is a more polished and betta sounding delivery wise Em imo.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 8:06 pm

I prefer MMLP slightly because it's not as cartoonish, but if you prefer the psycho Em, than SSLP is the obvious choice. I love both though.

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 8:09 pm

Just dont give a fuck and Rock Bottem are some of my favorite songs and SSLP is my favorite Eminem album.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 8:30 pm

Co-Sign Cory on Just Don't Give A Fuck and Rock Bottom, but over all I prefer MMLP.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 9:01 pm

cosign Cory, the standouts on SSLP blow MMLP out of the water to me
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 10:20 pm

Just Don't Give a Fuck is my jam!

I like hearing his psycho shit.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 10:28 pm

Dwight wrote:
I like the Slim Shady LP better too. I think the Marshall Mathers LP is a bit overrated.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 10:31 pm

Does anyone else hate songs like My Name Is and The Real Slim Shady. I like Most of the SSLP and MMLP, but hated those singles and all the songs he did like them.
Back to top Go down
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 10:33 pm

Cory wrote:
Does anyone else hate songs like My Name Is and The Real Slim Shady. I like Most of the SSLP and MMLP, but hated those singles and all the songs he did like them.

My Name Is was cool, but I hate The Real Slim Shady.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 10:38 pm

The Real Slim Shady was dope the first 50 times I heard it. It lost me once it became inescapable...

I mean, any song will lose it's luster after a million plays. I thought In Da Club was dope too, but now it makes me run in the opposite direction. lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 11:32 pm

The only time I want to here In Da Club is in da Club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...   

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one here that throroughly enjoys...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: