Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 12:03 am

Seriously. He has some dope music. Granted his hype doesn't match his talent level, but ain't that the case with most emcees on the main stage? I think he has some skills and some dope shit, he is just an easy target. If he was grinding and unsuccessful like a Curren$Y or Saigon he'd probably get more love.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 2:17 am

Agreed, I don't seek out his music, but I don't mind hearing him on a guest spot here & there. If you get too famous, and posers start buying, most of the heads start to hate.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 2:19 am

hes got some dope shit, the Carter is pretty good and his work before that was enjoyable, his next 2 albums went downhill and his Rebirth album is going to be god awful

He does drop some dope guest verses occasionally though when he isnt using autotune or that wack ass delivery he uses half the time
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 2:21 am

None of his albums are under 3.5 stars, IMO.

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 2:41 am

Not really into his shit and I kinda dislike it, just because everyone rides his dick.. but he's got some dope stuff on his new mixtape a friend of mine played for me.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 2:43 am

The new mixtape isn't bad, indeed.

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""

Back to top Go down
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 2:45 am

Shaun wrote:
The new mixtape isn't bad, indeed.

I've heard a few songs while driving around, but I'm not going to go out and download it or buy it. He's got some good punchlines and its definitely better than his mainstream music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 12:10 pm

Dude is trash. I'm sorry but I just can't get into his choppy flow and sub-par lyrics. He was the 3rd best MC on Cash Money at best. Juve and BG are clearly better. His guest appearances are decent, but on his own he doesn't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 12:15 pm

Tha Carter II>>>>>>>>>>>One For All

Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 12:16 pm

My problem with lil wayne is his voice, i cant stand it at all. Hes got a few tracks i enjoy, but for the most part i think his flow and voice are trash.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 12:32 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Dude is trash. I'm sorry but I just can't get into his choppy flow and sub-par lyrics. He was the 3rd best MC on Cash Money at best. Juve and BG are clearly better. His guest appearances are decent, but on his own he doesn't do it for me.

Lil Wayne is not trash, and i'd take him over Juve personally.

The problem is that people think his career began with The Carter. Wayne's is in the position he is in because of the first two Carter albums(which were dope). The Carter III was underwhelming, but i wouldn't call it wack. now, i expect The Rebirth to be wack. Wayne has gotten too big for his own good IMO.

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 1:26 pm

i didnt like Carter II at all

Carter was the only pretty good one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 1:46 pm

Shaun wrote:
Tha Carter II>>>>>>>>>>>One For All

Get The Fuck Outta Here with that bullshit!!!

One For All smashes anything Wayne has done to pieces.

Hell, Even In God We Trust and Foundation trump anything that gremlin lookin bunny has ever done.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 1:50 pm

LOL @ gremlin lookin bunny

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 1:50 pm

Lol, just a joke, KJ, just a joke.

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 12:41 pm

Lil Wayne >>>>>> Royce Da 5'9"

Lil Wayne >>>>>> K-Rino

Lil Wayne >>>>>> Nas

Lil Wayne >>>>>> Raekwon

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 12:43 pm

I agree with those last two, but clearly you're joking on the first two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 2:07 pm

Anybody who think Wayne is better than Nas or Raekwon deserves to have their hip hop pass permanently REVOKED!! Fuckin bitch ass pop boppers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 2:10 pm

Yes KJ, I'm definitely a pop bopper. SMH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 2:17 pm

N3R0 wrote:

You are if you're co-signing Halfshark, Half Gator, Hermaphrodite, or whatever the fuck his name is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 2:20 pm

We were both being sarcastic KJ. You're really not up on your game today, sir.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 5:06 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

You are if you're co-signing Halfshark, Half Gator, Hermaphrodite, or whatever the fuck his name is.

I love how this dude took the bait

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 6:07 pm

"Anybody who think Wayne is better than Nas or Raekwon deserves to have their hip hop pass permanently REVOKED!! Fuckin bitch ass pop boppers!"

Anyone who didn't mention the first two artists named but said Nas and Raekwon deserves to have their hip hop pass permanently REVOKED!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 6:15 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Anybody who think Wayne is better than Nas or Raekwon deserves to have their hip hop pass permanently REVOKED!! Fuckin bitch ass pop boppers!"

Anyone who didn't mention the first two artists named but said Nas and Raekwon deserves to have their hip hop pass permanently REVOKED!!

I don't think Wayne is better than Royce or Rino either, I just mentioned Nas and Rae because of what Jeff said beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!   

Back to top Go down

Lil' Wayne is Underrated and Overhated!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1