Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?

Go down 
+7
Norfeest
Shaun
Cory
D.Powell
Jason
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Empty
PostSubject: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:06 am

I enjoy collaborations that are creative, but let's face it, this one just did not work. KRS was kinda lazy while Buckshot was still hungry. I think Buckshot should get with another hungry emcee, possibly a young cat to do his next album. KRS can maybe call Mad Cobra or someone.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:08 am

Buckshot and Cool Clam Pete.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:11 am

Never heard of Cool Clam Pete - the name is gay, where is he from? post a u tube video
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:36 am

Buckshot and B-Real IMO would be dope

or

Buckshot and U-God over a fully produced Large Professor LP would be hardbody
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:45 am

Freddie Foxx and KRS! That one would make the world end from the ruff rhymes that will unfold from that album.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 9:09 am

KRS should keep touring, but retire from recording. Maybe put out a live album.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 10:33 am

Survival Skills was a decent effort IMO

Yes there was times when Kris got a little lazy but he's still better than a bunch of emcees out here today and you might get a little lazy too if you've been recording since 1985...that's a whole bunch of lyrics right there

People do not fall into SRP's trap...this is a dude that DOES NOT like KRS-One...so anything he says about him should be blown off...kinda like how I feel about Gift Of Gab....so this thread actually means nothing...

@Jason...Kris should not retire from recording man...for what?? because of a misstep? in a 25 year old career that is bound to happen right?? Kris should keep right on doing what it is that he does best which is make hip-hop records....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:05 pm

I personally liked Survival Skills. It's among my Top 5 for the year and I completely co-sign everything Powell said above. I'll ignore SRP's bullshit bias against KRS as usual.

But I'd like to see KRS and Kool G Rap do an album together. With the right production it could be a classic.

Buckshot and Masta Ace would work too, since they were 2/3's of the Crooklyn Dodgers.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:33 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
Never heard of Cool Clam Pete - the name is gay, where is he from? post a u tube video

Easily one of the best rappers in Queens.

Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:38 pm

D.Powell wrote:

@Jason...Kris should not retire from recording man...for what?? because of a misstep? in a 25 year old career that is bound to happen right?? Kris should keep right on doing what it is that he does best which is make hip-hop records....

This was not his first Misstep, that happened in 1997 with I Got Next. Powell i like KRS One, his first 7 albums (5 with BDP, 2 Solo) are classic. But after I Got Next he has become very hit and miss and he talks a lot of incoherent shit. I liked Survival Skills though, i think its some of his best since his early days. He still puts on a great live show, so i agree he should keep touring, but maybe stop recording.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:40 pm

KRS, Bumpy Knuckles, and Akrobatik should do an album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:41 pm

KRS and B Real tried to do an album on aftermath, remember? Of course not.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:24 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Survival Skills was a decent effort IMO

Yes there was times when Kris got a little lazy but he's still better than a bunch of emcees out here today and you might get a little lazy too if you've been recording since 1985...that's a whole bunch of lyrics right there

People do not fall into SRP's trap...this is a dude that DOES NOT like KRS-One...so anything he says about him should be blown off...kinda like how I feel about Gift Of Gab....so this thread actually means nothing...

I think performing live is what he does best. I have no issue with him continuing to record, his legacy can't be blemished by the kind of work he's doing, so it's not problem. With that said, the last decade plus of his career has basically been a wash to me. His albums have ranged from decent to slightly above average during that span, so maybe it's a little strong to say he should stop recording, but I wouldn't miss the albums he's been doing. I'd miss not being able to see him live again though, and one of the things I've always wanted to see is KRS-One live backed by The Roots for a whole show, performing some of his classics. Probably won't happen, but that would be something to record and release as a live album, and it would probably be better than anything he's done since the mid-90s.

Last edited by Jason on Mon 14 Dec 2009, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:25 pm

KRS & Black Thought while backed up by the Roots crew? That has CLASSIC written all over it!!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:39 pm

I was thinking KRS and K-Rino...over some K-Rino style production...

Now who wouldn't pay to hear that? lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:40 pm

Bunny Man wrote:

You'll regret asking for that video. Cool Calm Pete and that Lost album are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:49 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

You'll regret asking for that video. Cool Calm Pete and that Lost album are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...

You ain't lying, that shit was garbage!

Cise....C'Mon Son!!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 4:04 pm

Pretty sure Cise has been joking with every post he's had in the past 18 hours...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 5:03 pm

Why would you think that? Everything I've said is rational and sound. *adjusts tin-foil hat*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 5:14 pm

Cise really does like Cool Calm Pete though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 5:14 pm

I think.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 5:52 pm

Cool Calm Pete is cool, I can dig his albums.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 6:17 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:

lol...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 6:18 pm

I'm not the least bit surprised.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:15 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:

If that's not the ultimate kiss of death, i don't know what is
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:42 pm

Indeed. There's bad and then there's that guy.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 8:23 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Indeed. There's bad and then there's that guy.

lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 8:25 pm

Indeed. So far the idea I have liked the best is KRS ONE and Freddie Fox - I think Freddie's energy would be a good complement to KRS' sometimes plain delivery and they could kind of go back and forth about shit since Freddie is a lot more aggressive.

No better ideas on Buckshot? Buckshot and Game? or Torae? or Term?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 8:30 pm

Buckshot and 5ft MC. That would probably make an ill duo if the Beatminerz did all of the beats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 9:46 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Buckshot and 5ft MC. That would probably make an ill duo if the Beatminerz did all of the beats.

So basically re-form Black Moon? I'd like that but you'd have to bring back Evil Dee as well.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 9:47 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

So basically re-form Black Moon? I'd like that but you'd have to bring back Evil Dee as well.

Isn't DJ Evil Dee part of Da Beatminerz?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 9:49 pm

Esco wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

True. I was just thinking Black Moon, which consists of Buckshot, Evil Dee and 5ft MC.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 9:52 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Esco wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

True. I was just thinking Black Moon, which consists of Buckshot, Evil Dee and 5ft MC.

That is indeed Blackmoon, I'm guessing Norf just might be asking for a BM reunion.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 10:51 pm

Pretty much...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 9:01 pm

Shaun wrote:
KRS, Bumpy Knuckles, and Akrobatik should do an album.

Cosign that. Akro fits right in.

My pick? KRS & Brother Ali. Ali has cited KRS as his main influence several times, and I think it'd be cool to hear.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 10:58 pm

I think Krs and Xzibit would be dope...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?   Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who should Buckshot and KRS-One Do they next album with?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: