Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who is the most underrated producer of all time?

Go down 
+12
Funk Seoul Brother
parker lewis
Justin Linker
Norfeest
TheHazardous
Esco
Cory
D.Powell
Laced With Slang
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Shaun
T. Myers
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:48 pm

IMO, the most underrated producer ever is Muggs. He's produced a slew of hit singles for many artists, classic albums, and great comps, but rarely is he mentioned amongst the best. IMO, he's deserving of at least that. Thoughts on Muggs or your choice for most underrated?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:51 pm

Not even close

E A Ski comes to mind...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:57 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
Not even close

E A Ski comes to mind...

Sir i never asked you to comment on my opinion of Muggs being underrated. I asked to to comment on Muggs and/or who you think is the most underrated. follow instructions next time.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:59 pm

EA Ski... Easy Mo Bee... Ayatollah

My personal answer would be 6 July
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:59 pm

I remember when this question was asked in the old forum. My answer still remains the same, Easy Mo Bee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:00 pm

Easy Mo's album was wack...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:03 pm

Bunny Man wrote:

He never released a solo album, he was the exec on a number of LP's though. Some of which are classic.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:05 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:09 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:15 pm

Oh ok, never heard that joint....I'll download it sometime.

My vote still remains the same though. I think he's easily a Top 20 producer. He produced a lot of classic tunes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:56 pm

Well he must be underrated if his biggest fan didn't even know about his CD.

I don't think he is underrated. Just his time has passed. In his time Easy Mo worked with greats like Miles Davis and Biggie and his talent was certainly recognized. He failed to make his music a brand like Premier or Pete Rock... but that was his own fault.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 4:01 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
Well he must be underrated if his biggest fan didn't even know about his CD.

I don't think he is underrated. Just his time has passed. In his time Easy Mo worked with greats like Miles Davis and Biggie and his talent was certainly recognized. He failed to make his music a brand like Premier or Pete Rock... but that was his own fault.

I'm not his "biggest fan" but I have enjoyed his work. I feel he was underrated because Diddy got most of the credit for Bad Boy's success when it was really Mo Bee that crafted many of their classic beats. All Diddy does is oversee the Bad Boy projects.

I believe he can still make dope beats, as well as mentor up and coming producers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 4:10 pm

6 July
D-Dot
Andre 3000/Big Boi/Mr. DJ
Muggs
E A Ski

Personal faves not on that level

Jody Stevens/DJ Dev
Esham
DJ U-Neek
LT Hutton
Meech Wells
Steve Pitts
Scram Jones
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 4:55 pm

Sabzi Cheers
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 5:50 pm

I agree that Muggs is underrated

Scram Jones is IMO underrated too, but doesnt have that huge of a catalog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 6:08 pm

Damn Slang, here I was expecting you to put 18th string Wu producers on here, but you're co-signing Scram Jones. Props.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 6:19 pm

Muggs
Havoc
Buckwild

those are some of the first to come to mind for me...all 3 have produced some bangers throughout their careers in the game!

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 14 Dec 2009, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 6:21 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Damn Slang, here I was expecting you to put 18th string Wu producers on here, but you're co-signing Scram Jones. Props.

now that you mention it i do think 4th Disciple is heavily underrated
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 6:23 pm

but honestly maybe the most underrated producer out there is Lil Fame
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 6:28 pm

Lil Fame was dope til he started stealing beats.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:01 pm

Bunny Man wrote:

quit hating on everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:03 pm

The album is wack mooseboy.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:04 pm

Bunny Man wrote:

quit being a hater, if anyone else on this forum hated as much as you, you would flip on them. You constantly calling people haters who dont like the wack shit you like. But you hate damn near every thing, thats all you do is hate. get the fuck outta here with that bullshit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:11 pm

Cory wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

quit being a hater, if anyone else on this forum hated as much as you, you would flip on them. You constantly calling people haters who dont like the wack shit you like. But you hate damn near every thing, thats all you do is hate. get the fuck outta here with that bullshit

Have you heard the album? Do you you want to talk about that? Or are you too busy acting like there's a moose antler up your ass to actually discuss the topic at hand?
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:31 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
Cory wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

Have you heard the album? Do you you want to talk about that? Or are you too busy acting like there's a moose antler up your ass to actually discuss the topic at hand?

im talking about you in general on this forum. 8 out of 10 times when you post something its you being a hater to whatever the topic is about. Then you post something about a wack rapper no one gives a fuck about and when people say its wack you get all bitchy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:38 pm

Cory wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:
Cory wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

im talking about you in general on this forum. 8 out of 10 times when you post something its you being a hater to whatever the topic is about. Then you post something about a wack rapper no one gives a fuck about and when people say its wack you get all bitchy

Cory just bodied you!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:42 pm

No Cory is just bitching about some imaginary shit and you cosign him because you have the same complex. You bodied yourself by talking about a producer and not even knowing about his solo album. Cory bodies himself on the daily with his angry little man attitude.

Once again, do you people want to talk about the topic at hand?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:54 pm

Well that album wasn't very well promoted, otherwise I would have known about it.

He does have a valid point, you do come on topics and talk about how wack or overrated you think someone is, yet you complain when someone doesn't endorse an artist you like.

To continue on with the topic, another producer I think is underrated is Diamond D.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:57 pm

No KJ, that's just how you and mr. mooserape perceive things.

Easy Mo Bee's album was well promoted enough for me, a southern hater, to know about it and buy it. Ir was on Priority Records if I recall. Maybe the label was too west coast for you.

And Diamond D is not who I would call underrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 9:53 pm

Muggs - for Temples Of Boom
Havoc - for Hell On Earth

Those 2 albums and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx are my top 3 production wise
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 9:55 pm

Red wrote:
Muggs - for Temples Of Boom
Havoc - for Hell On Earth

Those 2 albums and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx are my top 3 production wise

Now that you mention Havoc, The Infamous to Murda Muzik have some of my favorite production. That and his production outside Mobb Deep have some sick beats, I'm just not sure if he's underrated, not too familiar with how people rate the dude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 10:02 pm

Yeah most recognize him as being dope and he is so he is not underrated in that sense but i think havoc along with muggs are ranked lower than they should be when it comes to the all time greats
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 10:16 pm

Havoc's drums in the 90's >>>>>>>>>>>>> music
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 11:21 pm

Muggs
Hi-Tek
Lord Finesse
Pimp C (created the UGK sound)
Organized Noize could get a little more shine.

Have nice beats
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 11:55 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Havoc's drums in the 90's >>>>>>>>>>>>> music

Oh hell yea, and that hi hat he used. It was repetitive but oh my fuck is it one of my favorite sounds.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 12:31 am

Hmmm....Havoc is a pretty good pick. It's funny how he's almost never mentioned. Someone with that many classics should get more light.

Underrated producers (in my humble opinion) off the top of my dome:

DJ U-Neek
EL-P
Blockhead
Kenny Keys
Lil' Jon (in the sense that folks have labeled and dismissed him after the crossover...check his early shit...nothin' but dope)
KRS-One
J-Live
?uestlove
Kid Capri
Eddie F (he's nasty with the hip hop and the R&B)
Kay Gee (likewise)
The Runners
Blue Sky Black Death
DJ Jazzy Jeff
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 12:39 am

Who the fuck is Kenny Keys?
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 12:56 am

Lil Jon does come with it on the beats. He's had me crunk since High School.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 12:59 am

TheHazardous wrote:
Lil Jon does come with it on the beats. He's had me crunk since High School.

Gotta co-sign, he's got some crunk ass beats... even that beat on "shots" is bad ass, gets me crunk in the club.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:00 am

Erotic D, is my pick. He produced D.O.C.'s second album. Those beats came hard. And I've been hooked ever since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:04 am

I'd pick Ayatollah. No way on Havoc. He peaked and faded in the public eye. How's that underrated? Everyone was on that shit when he was doing it. People don't mention him because it was 15 years ago.

About Ayatollah, anybody hear anything about him breaking Rugged Man off with an entire album? A friend was telling me he saw an RA interview where he was talking it up.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:07 am

Nice pick with ?uestlove.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:10 am

Kid Joe wrote:
I'd pick Ayatollah. No way on Havoc. He peaked and faded in the public eye. How's that underrated? Everyone was on that shit when he was doing it. People don't mention him because it was 15 years ago.

About Ayatollah, anybody hear anything about him breaking Rugged Man off with an entire album? A friend was telling me he saw an RA interview where he was talking it up.

I guess I can see where Havoc faded. Some of the stuff on Infamy was horrible. He's come back to make some dope shit though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:13 am

Obviously Dj Lethal is dope too.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:15 am

I also mentioned Ayatollah
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:23 am

Lil Jon is the shit too. Fuck haters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 8:01 am

Eric B
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 11:16 am

Come on the obvious choice is the RAL production camp like NO Joe, Mike Dean, Crazy C, Bido, and others. I never ever hear them get mentioned with dope producers but yet I hear so many who luv that earl RAL sound. You do you think crafted it>
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:45 pm

I'm not so sure that it's all that obvious.

Also, I'm not so sure that Mike Dean or NO Joe are all that underrated...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:54 pm

0ktopus
Norfeest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated producer of all time?   Who is the most underrated producer of all time? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is the most underrated producer of all time?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: