Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Put You on Game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

Put You on Game Empty
PostSubject: Put You on Game   Put You on Game Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:53 pm

SRP just put up that link to Mikkey Halsted and was saying he was better than Lupe so I was just re-listening to The Cool and remembered how brilliant Put You On Game is. There are so many artists who are anti-mainstream, or anti-gangster rap but all the tracks about it seem to fail. Guys like Talib Kweli just say like o I don't rap about this and this, and thus in the process are rapping about it. That is generally how those songs go, but Put You On Game is the best anti something song I have heard. He raps as if he is the game (the rap game, as the gangster lifestyle, or however you'd like to interpret it) and just delivers one of the most impressive songs lyrically I have heard in a long time. It is crazy what he does on the song. It is just brilliant and that song alone solidifies Lupe as deserving all his hype and more.
If you think Mikkey Halsted is better than Lupe, closely listen to Put You On Game and you'll change your mind.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Put You on Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put You on Game   Put You on Game Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 4:53 pm

Co-sign booerns! "Put You On Game" is one of my favorite songs on "The Cool". Lupe gets too many hate in these forums Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

Put You on Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put You on Game   Put You on Game Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 4:55 pm

Tran needs to stop being a bitch and get on chat... but not emo chat... regular chat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Put You on Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put You on Game   Put You on Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Put You on Game
Page 1 of 1