Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor

Go down 
+3
TheHazardous
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
7 posters
AuthorMessage

GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Empty
PostSubject: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 8:42 am

Your thoughts? personally I love this CD, but what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 10:45 am

Personally I think this is the best Gravediggaz album and a personal classic. Poetic was in top form on the beats and on the mic. Love this shit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 11:10 am

I never heard this one. I really dig the 1st one and the 2nd one was str8 so is there a need for me to really check this one if the 2nd one did not move mountains for me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 11:21 am

It depends on what you like about Gravediggaz, but I'd rec this to anyone who likes either of their albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 11:23 am

Rza is not on this one is he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 11:29 am

Nope, but Poetic made it on his deathbed, and it's the best work of his career.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 2:03 pm

I haven't heard this one, but without RZA's production I'd find it hard to believe that it's as good as 6 Feet Deep, which is a personal classic to me.

Nevertheless, I'll download it and then give a verdict.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 2:06 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I haven't heard this one, but without RZA's production I'd find it hard to believe that it's as good as 6 Feet Deep, which is a personal classic to me.

If i remember correctly, RZA did next to no production on 6 Feet Deep. It was all Prince Paul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 2:09 pm

Please double check facts before you talk about things KJ...you'd been doing so well latley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 2:13 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

If i remember correctly, RZA did next to no production on 6 Feet Deep. It was all Prince Paul.

Yeah you're right, Paul did the majority of the production. RZA only did 3 tracks but his influence is clearly felt on the album. But from what I understand, neither of them was involved with Nightmare in A-Minor. That along with SRP and Jeff endorsing the album leads me to believe that there's no fucking way that this is as good as 6 Feet Deep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 2:18 pm

Right, because you're just being a cocksucker because you were proven wrong. At least give the shit a chance, asshole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 2:20 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Right, because you're just being a cocksucker because you were proven wrong. At least give the shit a chance, asshole.

I already said that I would you fuckin flamer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 2:22 pm

Well said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 4:50 pm

So that wasn't prince paul on the intro... saying he was prince paul?

Anyway, Prince Paul and Rza do no production on here, but KJ, stop trying find underhanded ways to slight me or jeff, you come off looking foolish and ignorant.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:50 pm

this album is dope, True Master laces a few tracks, some other wu affiliates are featured on here, but all in all this album IMO is not touching their first TWO classics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 7:31 pm

Ok, I downloaded the album and listened to it. I co-sign Slang for the most part. The only difference is that I don't consider "The Pick, the Sickle, and The Shovel" a classic. More like 4-4.25.

But yeah this one's a decent effort, about 3.5-4.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 9:07 pm

It peaks and valleys for me but it doesn't too touch there previous classics. However Poetic was my favorite spitter in the group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 9:11 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
It peaks and valleys for me but it doesn't too touch there previous classics. However Poetic was my favorite spitter in the group.

Co-Sign, I loved Poetic. May God rest his soul.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 10:20 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I never heard this one. I really dig the 1st one and the 2nd one was str8

IMO, their second album (The Pick, the Sickle and the Shovel) is the better album. Both are near classics IMO. I can see how 6 Feet Deep is a horrorcore classic. Or just a classic I suppose. I like the direction they took on the 2nd quite a bit more. I also have not heard this (the newest) one yet.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 10:32 pm

Alan wrote:
IMO, their second album (The Pick, the Sickle and the Shovel) is the better album. Both are near classics IMO. I can see how 6 Feet Deep is a horrorcore classic. Or just a classic I suppose. I like the direction they took on the 2nd quite a bit more. I also have not heard this (the newest) one yet.

Indeed. I think The Pick, The Sickle, and The Shovel is a classic as well...

Dope album, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 11:00 pm

I could never get into The Pick, The Sickle, The Shovel the same as 6 Feet Deep. I came into it expecting another 6FD and was disappointed.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 11:37 pm

On 6FD they were RAW. (they even got silly for the hell of it, I felt like they having fun)

PSS, they went for a more focused and polished feel. They were trying to educate you more so this time around.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 4:55 am

Yep, A-Minor is a gem. But has anyone heard their newest album 6FT.Under? Only Frukwan by himself. I don't know who'd produced it.GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Grave6feetunder
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 5:02 am

The sales of Gravediggaz albums ain't half bad.

6Ft.Deep-638,916
The P.S.S-515,840
Nightmare in A-Minor =164,966
6FtUnder-33,967 (this is good figuring no one heard of the album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 11:04 am

6 Ft. Under is just Frukwan's Life CD repackaged I think...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 11:13 am

Indeed it is SRP.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 12:38 pm

Frukwan said in a recent interview they might try to get a revamped project goin with Rza involved, Shabazz, Beretta 9, and maybe KP
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 12:40 pm

Wu-International: Sure... Gravediggaz pretty much became just you and Poetic before his
unfortunate departure, fans still debate about it, RZA still talks about its possibilities in concerts, how close or doable do you think another Gravediggaz album is?

Frukwan: Already in motion, songs have been laid down. And we are looking forward to this Final saga of the Gravediggaz. With new members Kinetic 9, Shabazz The Disciple, 9th Prince, Killah Priest, Prodigal Sun and Alim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 12:49 pm

And I'll say it again...GAY
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 12:52 pm

N3R0 wrote:
And I'll say it again...GAY

whatever man, just cuz Poetic's not there doesnt mean they cant carry on the legacy with a new lineup

why wasnt it "gay" when Poetic and Frukwan made it without Rza and Paul, its the same thing man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 1:18 pm

No, it wasn't Paul and Rza's project, and they have countless other shit to do. Poetic had one fuckin group man, and that was Gravediggaz. I know this gets your lil GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor 907740 symbol all stout, but they can do this and just call it something else. Clearly Frukwan just wants money, so he should try getting it another way...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 1:23 pm

Prince Paul was the one who originally put the group together

and i doubt Frukwan just wants to do this for money, Rza on the other hand probably does not, he actually did the BlackRoc project for free and hes not wrried abut his monetary situation

it can also be argued that Frukwan's only group was the Gravediggaz as well since Stetasonic broke up by the time they started
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:41 pm

I just think RZA and Prince Paul don't have the time for it. Honestly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 12:00 am

You said you doubt Kwan just wants money and on the other hand Rza probably doesn't want just money. So did you mean that Frukwan DOES probably just want money?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 12:10 am

Esco wrote:
I could never get into The Pick, The Sickle, The Shovel the same as 6 Feet Deep. I came into it expecting another 6FD and was disappointed.

Co-Sign, but The Pick, The Sickle, and The Shovel is still a dope album. I'd give it about 4-4.25 stars. 6 Feet Deep is a classic and among my Top 100 of all time though.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 12:11 am

All rappers want money, even Bubba Sparks
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 7:43 pm

Esco wrote:

Different strokes...

I never bumped much Gravediggaz until I got The Pick, The Sickle, The Shovel. And I don't think I've spun my copy of 6 Feet Deep since I got it. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 8:21 pm

Alan wrote:
Esco wrote:

Different strokes...

I never bumped much Gravediggaz until I got The Pick, The Sickle, The Shovel. And I don't think I've spun my copy of 6 Feet Deep since I got it. lol

You need to spin that Pounds. 6 Feet Deep beats their sophomore effort on every level IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 8:35 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
Esco wrote:

Different strokes...

You need to spin that Pounds. 6 Feet Deep beats their sophomore effort on every level IMO.

You didn't understand KJ...lol. I have heard 6FD quite a few times. But when I got The Pick, The Sickle, The Shovel, I liked it so much I hardly ever touched 6FD again. So IMO...

The Pick, The Sickle, The Shovel >>>>>>>>>>>> 6 Feet Deep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 10:17 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
Esco wrote:

Different strokes...

You didn't understand KJ...lol. I have heard 6FD quite a few times. But when I got The Pick, The Sickle, The Shovel, I liked it so much I hardly ever touched 6FD again. So IMO...

The Pick, The Sickle, The Shovel >>>>>>>>>>>> 6 Feet Deep

I disagree and feel it's the other way around, but like Gary Coleman, Todd Bridges, and Mr Drummond....Different Strokes....
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 11:35 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
All rappers want money, even Bubba Sparks

Bubba Sparks puts lotion on his tongue...don't let him clean your fingernails. Salt your driveway, the headmaster wants your chess pieces. Blitzkrieg the embassy for the wally wally when you need a fix. If she ask you what my name is, slap her with the Hong Kong Phooey and fondle her satin web cam. Throw away the blank media, we don't eat that part. Elephantine sound waves penetrate the peripherals with perpendicular paraphernalia if y'all perpetrate with packs of peanuts. Warfare is a heavenly fragrance. Noodles on the dance floor if the water mane breaks in February. Sean John rayon with the 18 on the bobsled. Somebody got to pay...wolves are blatant. Ice pick to your eardrum; she said it cures the measles. Superman ain't got shit on Oprah Winfrey in a red cat suit. Snickerdoodles, nahmean?

Word...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor   GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GraveDiggaz - Nightmare in A Minor
Page 1 of 1