Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Conundrum

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:35 pm

As you know its the fantasy playoffs. Norf and Dwight recently played last week and Norf ended up winning. This morning I log on and see yahoo took 1 point away from Buffalo D and they ended up tying. Since Dwight had the better record or scored more TDs or had the better H2H record he went through. Who should be allowed to go through?

This applies only to league members and needs to be decided before tonight's game.

So vote either for Norf (change the scoring) or Dwight (let it stand).

Voice your opinion ASAP
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:38 pm

I vote for.....

*drum roll*

Norf...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:39 pm

I say Norf, that's not fair if he had 86 on Monday and then they changed it 48 hours after the game.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:41 pm

I've never been a fan of corrected scoring. The ruling during the games should stand. It's revisionist BS. It's like Nas removing Braveheart Party from Stillmatic. The real fans know what's up.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:49 pm

I vote for Dwight... how ya like that salt norf? A score is a score...true.. I mean they don't change NFL scores after the fact... but if yahoo had fucked up and not counted say 5 TDs scored by Dwights players - would we be saying the same thing?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:51 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
I vote for Dwight... how ya like that salt norf? A score is a score...true.. I mean they don't change NFL scores after the fact... but if yahoo had fucked up and not counted say 5 TDs scored by Dwights players - would we be saying the same thing?

Yahoo did not screw up. It was ruled a sack. The ruling was changed later. There's a big difference.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:56 pm

Same difference to me.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:03 pm

i agree with SRP, if someone had 70 yards and was later changed to 69i it should be reflected in the scoring
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:05 pm

The scores were reflected all week...until today.

I had the win already. It was taken from me. Ask Dwight.

Mot only that...everyone is reporting it as 4 sacks except for maybe two places. Yahoo being one of those places...

It's not all that clear cut.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:09 pm

Remember to voice your votes.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:10 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
The scores were reflected all week...until today.

I had the win already. It was taken from me. Ask Dwight.

Mot only that...everyone is reporting it as 4 sacks except for maybe two places. Yahoo being one of those places...

It's not all that clear cut.

hmm...this has happened to me before i lost by 1 or 2 after they changed something with the defense i had, sure it was bullshit but the stats on NFL.com are the ones that should matter and if Yahoo is following those then you cant really argue clear cut numbers in this situation.

i feel your pain man lol
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:17 pm

Right now, I see it as 3-2 in my favor...

Me, Terry, and KJ for me.

SRP & Slang for Dwight.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:22 pm

im not really voting for Dwight, but im voting for the numbers to speak for themselves, yet the fact that it ended in a tie makes it even harder
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:27 pm

Here's the problem i have with "official" scoring. Norf wasn't acciddentally given an extra point by Yahoo, and they did not take the point away after they realized the error. It was credited as a sack on the field and on the stat sheets. over the course of the week there is an independent company who makes stat corrections.

here is the list of stat corrections for the game in question.

2541 Matt Cassel

o 1 rush for 1 yard to 2 rushes for -6 yards.

o Sacked 4 times for 22 yards to 3 times for 15 yards.

· 7347 Aaron Schobel

o 1 sack for 7 yards to 0 sacks.

o 1 to 0 QB hurries.

· 9000 Buffalo Defense

o 152 to 145 rushing yards allowed.

o 26 to 27 rushing attempts against.

o 5-for-8 yards to 6-for-15 yards rushing tackles-for-loss.

o 202 to 209 net passing yards allowed.

o 4 sacks for 22 yards to 3 sacks for 15 yards.

o 5 to 4 QB hurries.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:38 pm

^ ok but does that change the stats according to the NFL? as in if i click Aaron Schobel would his sack show up on his official stats?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:47 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
^ ok but does that change the stats according to the NFL? as in if i click Aaron Schobel would his sack show up on his official stats?

Yes it changes his sack totals. These numbers are official. So if people base their opinion of of this, Norf deserves to lose i suppose. The problem is this creates a problem in fantasy leagues and a lot of leagues and commisioners do not alter the original stats. to maintain fairness and balance. there is also the flip side to the coin where a player is getting screwed cause he may or may not win or lose a game due to a scoring correction. IMO, corrected scoring should not be used because 1) it can alter playoff seeding such as with Norf. 2) it can mess with waiver wire priority 3) it can alter competitve balance especially with games on Thursday since the "official" scoring is updated on Thursday. That's why it is overlooked in a lot of leagues. It rarely changes the outcome of a game and it's not worth the headache. That's just my take on it.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 6:51 pm

Guess not enough people saw this topic. Taking away votes from those involved its dead even. There really isn't a good way to deal with this unfortunately. If I alter it, it screws Dwight over but if I let it stand then Norf was cheated out of a spot by yahoo.

If those stats that Terry posted are accurate I may have to let it stand. This problem is ultimately yahoo's fault.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 8:28 pm

SMH

How does Dwight get screwed? He didn't win...he's simply advancing on a technicality...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 8:45 pm

Screwed out of getting a chance to advance. His team has the better overall record, beat you in the head to head matchup earlier in the season, and had more TDs in your recent matchup.

It isn't uncommon for yahoo to do point adjustments and this is just a case where it completely alters a matchup.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 8:57 pm

Well if I'm going by votes Norf gets in. This is a really sticky situation...possibly the craziest thing I've seen in fantasy.

What if the person who has the highest point total out of Norf, Dwight, and I advances to the final? Just throwing an idea out there that might somehow appease everyone. So even if Norf is in the consolation bracket, if he outscores both Dwight and I he moves on to the final. It sounds crazy but it might be possible.

Again no hard feeling to either of you.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 9:11 pm

Consolation brackets have no bearing on the championship matchups.

You've got 10 minutes to make a decision. Based on the votes alone it's tied. Of course Norf and Dwight would vote for themselves, and in that instance it's STILL tied. But I'll respect any decision that you decide to make.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 11:46 pm

If Norf outscores Dwight and I, I can edit his matchup with Dwight and give him 1 more point so that he would get that win and then get a win against me. I think its possible.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 12:26 am

Don't worry about it too much... I forgot to start mike sims walker
smhsmshsmhssmshs
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 12:27 am

Cise Starr wrote:
If Norf outscores Dwight and I, I can edit his matchup with Dwight and give him 1 more point so that he would get that win and then get a win against me. I think its possible.

That works for me...
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 4:12 pm

Damn, I didn't even know this happened. I don't really care how we solve it, I guess Cise's plan is the best solution. Sorry Norf, I'd be pissed off too man.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009, 1:02 am

Congrats Dwight. Your team completely went off. Good luck vs KJ.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009, 4:09 pm

Appreciate it Cise. I need a decent quarterback to compete with KJ though.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009, 7:08 pm

Dwight wrote:

Yeah Cutler sucks ass. I've got Farve and they're playing against the Bears on Sunday.

You do have some bomb ass recievers though. Congrats, and may the best team win.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009, 9:00 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Dwight wrote:

Yeah Cutler sucks ass. I've got Farve and they're playing against the Bears on Sunday.

You do have some bomb ass recievers though. Congrats, and may the best team win.

Well, i'm glad there was a positve resolution for this problem. Congrats to both teams in the championship. Congrats to KJ for a great game yesterday. It came down to the wire, but the better team truly won. Good luck next week.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009, 9:45 pm

Yeah I'm glad this ended positively. Best of luck to both of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fantasy Conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Conundrum   Fantasy Conundrum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Conundrum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: