Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

album of the year day # 36

Go down 
5 posters

aoty?
Loso's Way
album of the year day # 36 Vote_lcap25%album of the year day # 36 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Tear Gas
album of the year day # 36 Vote_lcap75%album of the year day # 36 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

album of the year day # 36 Empty
PostSubject: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Dec 2009, 2:57 pm

The Jacka vs Fabolous
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Dec 2009, 3:04 pm

Tear Gas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Dec 2009, 3:13 pm

Tear Gas... and I love Tear Gas.. but this forum is mystifying at times...
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Dec 2009, 9:04 pm

lol at our choice for album of the year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Dec 2009, 9:08 pm

I'll go with Tear Gas here although it's still an slightly above average album at best IMO. Loso's Way was decent but a bit too pop.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Dec 2009, 9:21 pm

I'll go with Tear Gas, but both of these are FAAAAR from my choice for album of the year. We still have some votes left to go through though, so hopefully we end up with a better choice. I think OB4CL2 is the only album from my top 10 of the year even nominated so far, and while some of my choices obviously wouldn't win, a couple might have a chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2009, 1:05 am

I listened to samples of that Jacka and it did not grab me one bit I tried multiple times. Loso's Way is the betta album hands down. Fab spit with some hunger and direction on this joint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2009, 2:02 am

KRob86 wrote:
I listened to samples of that Jacka and it did not grab me one bit I tried multiple times. Loso's Way is the betta album hands down. Fab spit with some hunger and direction on this joint.

Samples only last 30 seconds. You really can't measure an album by that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2009, 2:46 am

Yeah, samples don't do anything justice. That said, sometimes I wonder about you considering you say you like that street/gangsta music but you in love with poppy fab.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2009, 4:36 pm

I got "Tear Gas" about 2 months ago and didn't like it all that much on first listen. However, after repeated listens i really have grown to like it. I've got it at 4 stars and it beats Fabolous.

I agree with the poster above about the board being mystifying. No offense to "Tear Gas", it's a nice album, but i'm not sure how it's ahead right now when we've had Rae, Royce, and Ace & Edo all go down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2009, 6:29 pm

E. Taylor wrote:

I agree with the poster above about the board being mystifying. No offense to "Tear Gas", it's a nice album, but i'm not sure how it's ahead right now when we've had Rae, Royce, and Ace & Edo all go down.

That's not saying that Tear Gas is as good as those albums. It's just that this isn't being done in tournament mode. If it were then it'd be a different story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 36   album of the year day # 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

album of the year day # 36
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: