Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

album of the year day # 38

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Esco
6 posters

aoty?
Tear Gas
album of the year day # 38 Vote_lcap62%album of the year day # 38 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 8 ]
Salvation
album of the year day # 38 Vote_lcap38%album of the year day # 38 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

album of the year day # 38 Empty
PostSubject: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 2:00 pm

The Jacka vs Skyzoo

Last edited by Esco on Tue 22 Dec 2009, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 2:01 pm

Lame. TEAR GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, again, Kurupt/Roscoe>Kurupt/Dj Quik.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 2:01 pm

AND Zol's vote shouldn't count anyway...he was voting for Screwball.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 2:02 pm

I wouldn't have counted his vote.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 2:04 pm

ahh didn't notice he was voting for THAT album. Thought he was just drunk as hell rambling on about premo. In that case, lets fix it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 2:26 pm

Jeff, have you even heard The Salvation??? It's a FAR BETTER album than Tear Gas, just as Skyzoo is a far better MC than The Jacka IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 2:31 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Jeff, have you even heard The Salvation??? It's a FAR WACKER album than Tear Gas, just as Skyzoo is a far WACKER MC than The Jacka IMO.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 3:50 pm

^^^Nope, that's not what I typed. I bet you haven't heard Salvation either but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 3:54 pm

ill vote jacka
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 4:05 pm

I've heard both and Tear Gas is the better album. Skyzoo's album is dope, and it shouldn't be slept on. The Salvation reminds me a lot of Double Barrell because it came out the gate strong, but it hasn't sustained as much replay value to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 4:08 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I've heard both and Tear Gas is the better album. Skyzoo's album is dope, and it shouldn't be slept on. The Salvation reminds me a lot of Double Barrell because it came out the gate strong, but it hasn't sustained as much replay value to me.

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I think Skyzoo is a much better MC than both Jacka and Torae, and Salvation has deeper subject matter. It was my AOTY until Montezuma's Revenge came out.

Salvation to me is 4.5 stars, a full point ahead of Tear Gas IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 4:14 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I think Skyzoo is a much better MC than both Jacka and Torae, and Salvation has deeper subject matter. It was my AOTY until Montezuma's Revenge came out.

Salvation to me is 4.5 stars, a full point ahead of Tear Gas IMO.

Skyzoo is definitely a better lyricist, but straight lyricism does not encompass the entire album.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 9:50 pm

Can't vote, still haven't heard "The Salvation".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:29 am

Skyzoo can't rap on beat. How is he a better mc than ANYBODY?
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 3:10 am

tear gas..... really is it that hard???
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 4:29 am

N3R0 wrote:
Skyzoo can't rap on beat. How is he a better mc than ANYBODY?

See, it's happening again...

When I said that shit a year or two ago, I had salt being thrown at me from every direction (might've been like 20 M. Smith accounts, but that's not the point lol). No one said a word... Shaking My Head

I hate you, Jeff... lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:38 pm

I'm just not hearing what makes Tear Gas better than Salvation. Tear Gas is one of the weakest albums that's been nominated thus far IMO. Skyzoo is a superior lyricist, has superior subject matter, and Salvation has superior production. It beats Jacka and Tear Gas in every catagory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:40 pm

this from the only fool who thinks Salvation is AOTY.... even Skyzoo himself knows better...

How bout this... how bout most everyone one who has voted Tear Gas has said - man this is a solid/dope album - probably not AOTY, but the best out of the two options it has come against...

Now the Skyzoo ball inhaler is sitting here throwing a fit and bitching and moaning...

And we're the fan boys?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:46 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
this from the only fool who thinks Salvation is AOTY.... even Skyzoo himself knows better...

How bout this... how bout most everyone one who has voted Tear Gas has said - man this is a solid/dope album - probably not AOTY, but the best out of the two options it has come against...

Now the Skyzoo ball inhaler is sitting here throwing a fit and bitching and moaning...

And we're the fan boys?

Montezuma's Revenge is my AOTY, but Salvation comes in 2nd to me.

I'm doing nothing more than what you did when Rae beat Rino.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:47 pm

Difference being a lot of people actually think Rae is AOTY... you and your invisible army are the only ones on Skyzoo's jock...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:53 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
Difference being a lot of people actually think Rae is AOTY... you and your invisible army are the only ones on Skyzoo's jock...

I ain't on his jock, I just think it's a bomb ass album. I've heard Tran and Gangsta Zol say the same. Most that voted against him (including you) probably never heard the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:54 pm

I've heard enough of the album to know there is nothing inherently classic or great about the album. So I know enough to know this is purely a personal preference issue here and my preference will remain with The Jacka.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:00 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
probably not AOTY, but the best out of the two options it has come against...

That's pretty much my take...

That's why this particular format is quite feminine in its approach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:03 pm

Indeed. Technically the consensus AOTY should win out at some point and then sweep the remainder of the competition... but for some reason it never works out that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:04 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
Indeed. Technically the consensus AOTY should win out at some point and then sweep the remainder of the competition... but for some reason it never works out that way.

I blame ghost accounts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:06 pm

Of course it's ghost accounts... there is 1 declared vote for Skyzoo...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:12 pm

Indeed. Ghost voters are homosexual in their approach...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:32 pm

Saint Killa wrote:

It's just that a lot of people in here are afraid to voice their opinions. I'm not though. I know that Powell, Gangsta Zol, and Tran are also Skyzoo fans.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:42 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

It's just that a lot of people in here are afraid to voice their opinions. I'm not though. I know that Powell, Gangsta Zol, and Tran are also Skyzoo fans.

I love how i was left off that list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:53 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

I left you off because you voted for Tear Gas. I know you like Skyzoo as well, but I'm just mentioning the people who may have voted for the Salvation without voicing their opinion.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:57 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

I left you off because you voted for Tear Gas. I know you like Skyzoo as well, but I'm just mentioning the people who may have voted for the Salvation without voicing their opinion.

oh ok, fair enough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: album of the year day # 38   album of the year day # 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

album of the year day # 38
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: