Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 100 Greastest Nominee Day 37

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Top 50, Top 100, or Neither?
Top 50
16%
 16% [ 3 ]
Top 100
53%
 53% [ 10 ]
Neither
31%
 31% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19
 

AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 37   Wed 27 May 2009, 12:41 pm

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
Clearly I meant that you thought of Will Smith as Fresh Prince (I can't believe I have to make a distinction) as a top 50 mc based on your praise of him, and I think that if you objectively compare him to almost ANY current relevant mc he fails to measure up, even against his peers in the 80's. It's not about serious or whatever, it's about rapping. If Kool G Rap rapped in that style about happy times, he'd still be dope and better than Will Smith.

Kool G Rap do happy party rhymes better than The Fresh Prince? Hell no! And yes, I do consider Will to be able to hang with his peers in the golden age. Quite easily in fact. See, that's where we disagree. Why does that equate to me thinking Will Smith alone is top 50? I don't feel Guru is top 50 alone.

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
A reasonable person should be to concede points that can't refute or can agree that it is reasonable for another reasonable person to agree with. You are unwilling to do so.

LOL - that's a tongue twister. Again, I disagree with your viewpoint, so I will not concede that Will Smith as The Fresh Prince is a seemingly inferior emcee to the examples you listed.

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
I was not being defensive until you start "lol"ing valid points that you don't refute. I'm not being irrational, you're acting as though my thought process has no merit and then in another thread you agree that it's possible to vote this way.

Your thought process has merit. If it didn't, I would have stopped discussing it with you. If I did not refute your points, it's because I didn't know what the hell you were talking. Honestly. I laughed because I actually thought some of your comments were way off base.

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
MY THOUGHT PROCESS: If we all vote for who we think is dope instead of who we like we have a consensus amongst us. OTHERWISE we're getting Big Jess, Haystak, ICP, etc etc etc and we're getting nowhere. Makes perfect sense...jesus christ.

Not like Kev would ever pick those, nor would they ever get voted in, but it would make for a more interesting list, and would differentiate itself from the other million top hip-hop lists on the planet.

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
I stated my opinion then you had to freak out like what I'm saying made no sense and I thought "fine, if you wanna get into it, here we go".

Now you are delusional....lol. Not once did I "freak out" about anything. Take a look back to the posts and read who was posting words in all CAPS and got all riled up. Your posts are littered with comments like "Makes perfect sense....jesus christ." and other intolerant phrases.

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
The fact that you're arguing to "ignore" parts of his catalogue shows bias in itself.

Not really. I was asking why Guru's solo material wasn't invloved in the Gang Starr equation. I just wanted things to be fair voting-wise. I honestly do like a healthy chunk of Will Smith's solos. I just haven't heard as many as Norf. I like what I own though.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 37   Wed 27 May 2009, 12:46 pm

Al...I'm just gonna keep repeating I'm done here.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 37   Wed 27 May 2009, 12:47 pm

this is getting ridiculous....3 pages on this topic, really?

the Gang Starr topic was for them as a group, it didnt say Guru/Gang Starr, like this topic nominee says Fresh Prince/DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince

but the nominee is confusing is it for them as a group, or there group work and Smith's solo work, because Smith can technically be nominated as a solo artist if this is only for the group work
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 37   Wed 27 May 2009, 1:07 pm

..................................................Thanks, Slang.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 37   Wed 27 May 2009, 1:15 pm

^ i honestly didnt read most of the posts so if mine was completely off topic sorry
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 37   Wed 27 May 2009, 1:18 pm

LOL it's cool. No disrespect to you at all. Just kinda out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 37   Wed 27 May 2009, 4:05 pm

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
Al...I'm just gonna keep repeating I'm done here.

You said you were done after you wrote your last post. Therefore, I responded. lol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 37   Wed 27 May 2009, 7:44 pm

You would need to get the last word in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 37   

Back to top Go down
 
100 Greastest Nominee Day 37
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Classic Threads and Discussions-
Jump to: