Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Album Of The 90's Day 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which One?
Soul Food
76%
 76% [ 13 ]
Dogg Food
18%
 18% [ 3 ]
FBI
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17
 

AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 9:15 am

Soul Food pulls out a real close one over the long winded MNM's, new champ new choices. Dogg Pound and Dayton Family are up to bat.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 9:19 am

Soul Food beat ATCQ Yee!!! Cheers

Soul Food wins here. I love the other two albums, but you get so much more when you listen to Soul Food.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 9:29 am

Yeah Soul Food wins for me with FBI following close behind.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 10:28 am

Soul Food is the only classic between these three IMO, so it wins.

SMH @ the long winded comment
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 10:29 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Soul Food is the only classic between these three IMO, so it wins.

Really? I know FBI isn't your style, but i'm a little shocked by Dogg Food.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 10:37 am

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Soul Food is the only classic between these three IMO, so it wins.

Really? I know FBI isn't your style, but i'm a little shocked by Dogg Food.

I like Dogg Food but it's lost some replay value for me over the years.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2232
Join date : 2009-05-26
Age : 40
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 10:55 am

Soul Food.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:06 am

KRob86 wrote:
Soul Food pulls out a real close one over the long winded MNM's, new champ new choices. Dogg Pound and Dayton Family are up to bat.


my pick is Soul Food by far here but Kev I know your a southern doctor and all..but can we please keep it interesting and put Soul Food up against some real damn competition??

you picked these two to move Soul Food along to a second day...lol...stop that man or let someone else take the reigns...where is Low End Theory or Mecca And The Soul Brother or The Chronic..something else outside of Dayton Family and The Dogg Pound...lol

you southern heads in here make me laugh...you guys want the south to be noticed so badly you will do anything to make that possible....you guys still can't fuck with NYC...yeah I said it..it's on the table SRP, Kev, Terry, Kendrick and whomever else is offended by that statement...

SHOW ME PROOF that NYC isn't the GOAT in this hip-hop shit....the best groups...the best emcees....the best producers....the best hip-hop moments...the best concerts....the best dances...the best fashions....the best hip-hop moguls....the best albums....the best hip-hop recording labels...the most hip-hop legends...

I hope you guys are sitting there ready to swallow your keyboards whole...lol

like I said show this NYC dude PROOF that it has been done better somewhere else...I'm sick of this NYC vs. everybody else mentality...NYC is Michael Jordan of this hip-hop shit...this is a fact and will remain a fact ALWAYS...stop trying to bring that fact beneath what it means and move on...it is what it is!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:09 am

D.Powell wrote:
you picked these two to move Soul Food along to a second day!

Honestly I was thinking the same thing when I saw this matchup. Clearly a wash.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:22 am

Its clearly a wash with some of you one sided listeners or folks who lack the experience with said albums but to anyone who has any true universal knowledge of them will say this is a good match up. I refuse to just nominate the given or east coast mostly popular albums. I know most on this forum are more keen to that east coast originated sound but a few of us like all sounds.

By the way Powell Dayton family are not from the south they are from the midwest and have a strong following that just is not apart of this forum. Dogg Food is a classic in most circles outside of NY so they belong, so basically shut the fuck up.

As far as NY being the best thats your opinion and a valid one that I care not to debate about. I have no problem with NY or east coast only a fool would try say the east coast has no skills or major stake in the game. I only hate the superior complex, extreme bias, and overrated attitude that seems to come that area more than others.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:23 am

Soul Food wins here
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:28 am

KRob86 wrote:
Its clearly a wash with some of you one sided listeners or folks who lack the experience with said albums but to anyone who has any true universal knowledge of them will say this is a good match up. I refuse to just nominate the given or east coast mostly popular albums. I know most on this forum are more keen to that east coast originated sound but a few of us like all sounds.

By the way Powell Dayton family are not from the south they are from the midwest and have a strong following that just is not apart of this forum. Dogg Food is a classic in most circles outside of NY so they belong, so basically shut the fuck up.

As far as NY being the best thats your opinion and a valid one that I care not to debate about. I have no problem with NY or east coast only a fool would try say the east coast has no skills or major stake in the game. I only hate the superior complex, extreme bias, and overrated attitude that seems to come that area more than others.

Bingo.

NY being the greatest is NOT a fact. what is a fact is the NY originated hip hop, and they have been doing it the longest.

I also find it funny that you feel the need to label me a southern head. I'm a hip hop fan, and you're just and old school golden age east coast head. that makes you quite limited when you really think about it.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:28 am

Wow Powell, you're a biased prick. Your respect level around here is really hurting my man. Dogg Food is widely regarded as a universal classic while not on par with the chronic is usually mentioned in the same breath as Doggystyle (another classic). For somebody that bitches about people not being knowledgable about hip hop, you really aren't one to talk.

Kurupt>Bootleg>Souljah Boi>Q-Tip
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:44 am

Jeff, if you've got Bootleg and Souljah Boy over Q-Tip then your opinion is worthless.

And Kev, Dogg Food IMO isn't a classic. While I can understand why some would consider it such, it has a couple of tracks on it that I don't bump and it's lost replay value to me over the years. I agree with Powell, even those that consider it a classic know that it CLEARLY isn't as good as Soul Food. And even Dayton Fam fans such as yourself know that FBI ain't fuckin with SF either.

Putting my east coast love aside, had the matchup been something like Soul Food vs Bizarre Ride vs Ridin Dirty it would have been better, but this one is completely lopsided in my opinion.....Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:50 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Putting my east coast love aside, had the matchup been something like Soul Food vs Bizarre Ride vs Ridin Dirty it would have been better, but this one is completely lopsided in my BIASED ASS BULLSHIT opinion.....Just my 2 cents.

Fixed. No need to thank me for that one.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
avatar

Posts : 596
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:53 am

Soul Food.

Peace
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:05 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Its clearly a wash with some of you one sided listeners or folks who lack the experience with said albums but to anyone who has any true universal knowledge of them will say this is a good match up. I refuse to just nominate the given or east coast mostly popular albums. I know most on this forum are more keen to that east coast originated sound but a few of us like all sounds.

By the way Powell Dayton family are not from the south they are from the midwest and have a strong following that just is not apart of this forum. Dogg Food is a classic in most circles outside of NY so they belong, so basically shut the fuck up.

As far as NY being the best thats your opinion and a valid one that I care not to debate about. I have no problem with NY or east coast only a fool would try say the east coast has no skills or major stake in the game. I only hate the superior complex, extreme bias, and overrated attitude that seems to come that area more than others.

Bingo.

NY being the greatest is NOT a fact. what is a fact is the NY originated hip hop, and they have been doing it the longest.

I also find it funny that you feel the need to label me a southern head. I'm a hip hop fan, and you're just and old school golden age east coast head. that makes you quite limited when you really think about it.


Then Terry show me what is the GREATEST my dude??? show me what is better my dude otherwise shut the fuck up....your just ranting about nothing while I have FACTS my dude....this shit isn't opinion...it is a FACT...it is also a fact that mad southern gents are insecure in this knowledge...they struggle with it daily...and maybe your one of those gents..even if you were born in Detroit..your ass has been in Memphis a pretty long fuckin time am I correct??
nuff said.

N3RO the bland state of Iowa does not even count..so just be quiet dickhead! nobody asked you shit!...lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:09 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Its clearly a wash with some of you one sided listeners or folks who lack the experience with said albums but to anyone who has any true universal knowledge of them will say this is a good match up. I refuse to just nominate the given or east coast mostly popular albums. I know most on this forum are more keen to that east coast originated sound but a few of us like all sounds.

By the way Powell Dayton family are not from the south they are from the midwest and have a strong following that just is not apart of this forum. Dogg Food is a classic in most circles outside of NY so they belong, so basically shut the fuck up.

As far as NY being the best thats your opinion and a valid one that I care not to debate about. I have no problem with NY or east coast only a fool would try say the east coast has no skills or major stake in the game. I only hate the superior complex, extreme bias, and overrated attitude that seems to come that area more than others.

Bingo.

NY being the greatest is NOT a fact. what is a fact is the NY originated hip hop, and they have been doing it the longest.

I also find it funny that you feel the need to label me a southern head. I'm a hip hop fan, and you're just and old school golden age east coast head. that makes you quite limited when you really think about it.


Then Terry show me what is the GREATEST my dude??? show me what is better my dude otherwise shut the fuck up....your just ranting about nothing while I have FACTS my dude....this shit isn't opinion...it is a FACT...it is also a fact that mad southern gents are insecure in this knowledge...they struggle with it daily...and maybe your one of those gents..even if you were born in Detroit..your ass has been in Memphis a pretty long fuckin time am I correct??
nuff said.

N3RO the bland state of Iowa does not even count..so just be quiet dickhead! nobody asked you shit!...lol

You have no facts. it's not a fact that Illmatic is a classic. It is just a fairly common opinion. same goes for any other classic from the east, west, south, or midwest. It's also a fact that every president has been white except one. Does that mean white men make the best presidents?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:16 pm

Haha^^^^
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:18 pm

FACT: Iowa has clean air and drinking water.

FACT: No one will start a fight with you for wearing a Boston Red Sox hat in Iowa.

FACT: You will not run into snooty douchebag celebrities in Iowa.

FACT: If your car breaks down on the side of a road in Iowa, some one will probably help you before you die of starvation.

FACT: People in Iowa don't pretend their local sports teams will win the championship every year.

FACT: Ja Rule isn't from Iowa.

FACT: Powell and KJ live nowhere near Iowa.

Iowa>New York
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:24 pm

outside of Barack Obama we have not had anything but white presidents so as of right now until Obama's time is done it is a fact that the best presidents have been white...stupid comparison Terry...lol

Hey Terry start the list of why the south or midwest or west has made better hip-hop music than NYC...SHOW ME man and stop thinking your funny because your not...

you can't because what I said before is a FACT and your upset...so what get a fuckin kleenex and dry your damn eyeballs man...go blow your nose and wise up to the FACTS man...it's okay..it doesn't mean that banging hip-hop hasn't come from other places outside of NYC..it just means that the BEST hip-hop of all-time has come from NYC...otherwise prove me wrong Terry....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:25 pm

I think you're lost again Powell...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:27 pm

N3R0 wrote:
FACT: Iowa has clean air and drinking water.

FACT: No one will start a fight with you for wearing a Boston Red Sox hat in Iowa.

FACT: You will not run into snooty douchebag celebrities in Iowa.

FACT: If your car breaks down on the side of a road in Iowa, some one will probably help you before you die of starvation.

FACT: People in Iowa don't pretend their local sports teams will win the championship every year.

FACT: Ja Rule isn't from Iowa.

FACT: Powell and KJ live nowhere near Iowa.

Iowa>New York


LMAAOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yo, haywack shut it man....Iowa is good for college football and that's about it....I know you are dying from boredom out there man, because outside of cow tipping your mainly asleep....come to the birthplace of hip-hop man...come learn about the culture you claim to love so much man....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:28 pm

"Claim to love so much" - from the dude that doesn't listen to DJ Quik or think Dogg Food is a classic. Put it to rest homie.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:33 pm

he is indeed lost. he needs to look up the word fact in a dictionary. Here's an idea. why don't you find out how many hip hop albums have ever been released by an east coast artist, and then count how many classic albums have been released by an east coast artist so you can figure out the percentages. After that do the same for every other region. When that's done, we'll talk about facts.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:40 pm

N3R0 wrote:
FACT: Iowa has clean air and drinking water.
As does NYC you idiot. You've got it confused with Jersey.

Quote :
FACT: No one will start a fight with you for wearing a Boston Red Sox hat in Iowa.
They'll fight you over a piece of corn though.

Quote :
FACT: You will not run into snooty douchebag celebrities in Iowa.
No, instead you'll find Klansmen, child molestors, and axe murderers that will bury you in a cornfield or chop you up in a chipper/shredder

Quote :
FACT: If your car breaks down on the side of a road in Iowa, some one will probably help you before you die of starvation.
Kinda hard to starve with all those cornfields around

Quote :
FACT: People in Iowa don't pretend their local sports teams will win the championship every year.
Because they NEVER fucking win!!

Quote :
FACT: Ja Rule isn't from Iowa.
But John Wayne, a noted racist and draft dodger, is.

Quote :
FACT: Powell and KJ live nowhere near Iowa.
Nope, and I thank God I'm not from Iowa because it seems like a very CORNY state, pun intended.

New York>Connecticut>New Jersey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iowa
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:45 pm

T. Myers wrote:

You have no facts. it's not a fact that Illmatic is a classic. It is just a fairly common opinion. same goes for any other classic from the east, west, south, or midwest. It's also a fact that every president has been white except one. Does that mean white men make the best presidents?

If it's not a fact that Illmatic is a classic, then it's not a fact that 36 Chambers, Nation Of Millions, Straight Outta Compton, The Chronic, or any of the consensus greatest albums of all time are classics either. Illmatic is widely considered on par with all those albums.

As for Presidents, you know damn well that racism has prevented a black man from becoming president until now.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:49 pm

N3R0 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Putting my east coast love aside, had the matchup been something like Soul Food vs Bizarre Ride vs Ridin Dirty it would have been better, but this one is completely lopsided in my BIASED ASS BULLSHIT opinion.....Just my 2 cents.

Fixed. No need to thank me for that one.

Just like your BIASED ASS BULLSHIT opinion of Bootleg and Souljah Boy being better than Q-Tip. Shut the fuck up you hypocritical jackass!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:51 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

You have no facts. it's not a fact that Illmatic is a classic. It is just a fairly common opinion. same goes for any other classic from the east, west, south, or midwest. It's also a fact that every president has been white except one. Does that mean white men make the best presidents?

If it's not a fact that Illmatic is a classic, then it's not a fact that 36 Chambers, Nation Of Millions, Straight Outta Compton, The Chronic, or any of the consensus greatest albums of all time are classics either. Illmatic is widely considered on par with all those albums.

As for Presidents, you know damn well that racism has prevented a black man from becoming president until now.

maybe you should read my post again. and i don't care what prevented a black man from being president. facts are facts, right?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 574
Join date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:51 pm

LOL at kev acting like hes not biased. this fools hate is so obvious.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 12:57 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

You have no facts. it's not a fact that Illmatic is a classic. It is just a fairly common opinion. same goes for any other classic from the east, west, south, or midwest. It's also a fact that every president has been white except one. Does that mean white men make the best presidents?

If it's not a fact that Illmatic is a classic, then it's not a fact that 36 Chambers, Nation Of Millions, Straight Outta Compton, The Chronic, or any of the consensus greatest albums of all time are classics either. Illmatic is widely considered on par with all those albums.

As for Presidents, you know damn well that racism has prevented a black man from becoming president until now.

maybe you should read my post again. and i don't care what prevented a black man from being president. facts are facts, right?

I read it, and FACT IS that white men were the only people allowed to be president until the 1960's or so, and Obama may very well end up the only black president we ever have because of RACISM. I personally think he's doing a good job given what he's walked into, but that's another subject.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 1:04 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

You have no facts. it's not a fact that Illmatic is a classic. It is just a fairly common opinion. same goes for any other classic from the east, west, south, or midwest. It's also a fact that every president has been white except one. Does that mean white men make the best presidents?

If it's not a fact that Illmatic is a classic, then it's not a fact that 36 Chambers, Nation Of Millions, Straight Outta Compton, The Chronic, or any of the consensus greatest albums of all time are classics either. Illmatic is widely considered on par with all those albums.

As for Presidents, you know damn well that racism has prevented a black man from becoming president until now.

maybe you should read my post again. and i don't care what prevented a black man from being president. facts are facts, right?

I read it, and FACT IS that white men were the only people allowed to be president until the 1960's or so, and Obama may very well end up the only black president we ever have because of RACISM. I personally think he's doing a good job given what he's walked into, but that's another subject.

that's not what i wanted you to re-read. that's why my comments about the presidents came AFTER i told you to re-read. and like i said. i do not care why white men were the only presidents. it's unimportant to the convo at hand. Powell's whole premise is predicated on NY doing hip hop longer. doing something longer and more often does not make it better. NY had a head start therefore they SHOULD have more classics. White men had a head start. Therefore they SHOULD have more presidents. It doesn't mean they did it better.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
avatar

Posts : 2569
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 27
Location : Syncopated City, FL

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 1:12 pm

Staying on topic...Soul Food.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:07 pm

Cory wrote:
LOL at kev acting like hes not biased. this fools hate is so obvious.

Of course I have some bias/preference all of us do. You are the one full of hate who quits like a bitch everytime someone calls his punk ass out.

The south and west are betta at making whole albums than most east coast artists imo. The east coast has a thing for strong lyricism for the most part but the hook written and melody of songs have always been its weakness.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:08 pm

T. Myers wrote:
he is indeed lost. he needs to look up the word fact in a dictionary. Here's an idea. why don't you find out how many hip hop albums have ever been released by an east coast artist, and then count how many classic albums have been released by an east coast artist so you can figure out the percentages. After that do the same for every other region. When that's done, we'll talk about facts.

Umm Terry show and prove or shut the fuck up man..it's that simple...SHOW AND PROVE OR BE QUIET!

show me how the south or any other region is better my dude otherwise shut the fuck up! you sound stupid man...real talk...show me or be quiet...because I can show you my dude....and you know damn well I can...lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:10 pm

The south has been doing hip-hop long enough now that they should match-up with NYC Terry....show and prove my dude!

show me man!

you can't and you never will be able too...THIS IS A FACT!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:11 pm

D.Powell wrote:
The south has been doing hip-hop long enough now that they should match-up with NYC Terry....show and prove my dude!

show me man!

you can't and you never will be able too...THIS IS A FACT!

I will as soon as you do what i told you to do

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:13 pm

N3R0 wrote:
"Claim to love so much" - from the dude that doesn't listen to DJ Quik or think Dogg Food is a classic. Put it to rest homie.


Never said Dogg Food wasn't a classic...when did I say that N3RO??

As for Quik I need to learn more about him...and your point is??

I hope your point isn't that you feel YOU(N3RO) know more about this beautiful music than I do...living out in the corn fields of Iowa at the ripe old age of 24.....LMAOOOOO...yeah right motherfucker! as Michael Jackson used to say BEAT IT!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:15 pm

[quote="T. Myers"]
D.Powell wrote:
The south has been doing hip-hop long enough now that they should match-up with NYC Terry....show and prove my dude!

show me man!

you can't and you never will be able too...THIS IS A FACT!

I will as soon as you do what i told you to do[/quote


Nah show me man.....write up your lists...show me my dude....show me man....

can you do that Terry???
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 47
Location : Maputo, Mozambique

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:17 pm

Going with Dogg Pound
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:18 pm

[quote="D.Powell"]
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
The south has been doing hip-hop long enough now that they should match-up with NYC Terry....show and prove my dude!

show me man!

you can't and you never will be able too...THIS IS A FACT!

I will as soon as you do what i told you to do[/quote


Nah show me man.....write up your lists...show me my dude....show me man....

can you do that Terry???

I can do what you asked, and i will as soon as you do what i asked.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:19 pm

then ask it again dickhead because I can't wait to see your lists...and while your at please post for me your top ten emcees of all-time...lol! your bullshit man!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:22 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Here's an idea. why don't you find out how many hip hop albums have ever been released by an east coast artist, and then count how many classic albums have been released by an east coast artist so you can figure out the percentages. After that do the same for every other region. When that's done, we'll talk about facts.

here you go baby bubba. once you complete this task, i'll be more than happy to entertain your question.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:29 pm

T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Here's an idea. why don't you find out how many hip hop albums have ever been released by an east coast artist, and then count how many classic albums have been released by an east coast artist so you can figure out the percentages. After that do the same for every other region. When that's done, we'll talk about facts.

here you go baby bubba. once you complete this task, i'll be more than happy to entertain your question.


Look Terry this question is completely not relevant to what I asked you. Why?? because NYC has released more than it's share of wackness just like the South has although I think the South has made some all-time high wackness at times but that's besides the point.

What I want from you is as many GREAT southern moments as you can come up with, the BEST OF THE BEST if you will and then I'm going to come up with THE BEST OF THE BEST NYC moments/albums/emcees/producers and we will then compare....I will be objective man, because there is alot of southern stuff that I like I only ask you to also be objective and honest...how about we just go back to 1990 on up...we can only list moments/events from that point on up, because you act like the South just started doing this game and that is so NOT TRUE....I'm going to predict an NYC BLOWOUT.....and quite easily too if your being objective and honest with yourself....list 'em Terry!


Last edited by D.Powell on Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:34 pm

here is just a few tid-bits from just 1990 for you to look at:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/the_top_50_hip_hop_albums_of_1990/


take a look Terry...compare your southern moments man...find your southern moments man...

let's compare my dude! next up is 1991!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:37 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Here's an idea. why don't you find out how many hip hop albums have ever been released by an east coast artist, and then count how many classic albums have been released by an east coast artist so you can figure out the percentages. After that do the same for every other region. When that's done, we'll talk about facts.

here you go baby bubba. once you complete this task, i'll be more than happy to entertain your question.


Look Terry this question is completely not relevant to what I asked you. Why?? because NYC has released more than it's share of wackness just like the South has although I think the South has made some all-time high wackness at times but that's besides the point.

What I want from you is as many GREAT southern moments as you can come up with, the BEST OF THE BEST if you will and then I'm going to come up with THE BEST OF THE BEST NYC moments/albums/emcees/producers and we will then compare....I will be objective man, because there is alot of southern stuff that I like I only ask you to also be objective and honest...how about we just go back to 1990...we can only list moments/events from that point, because you act like the South just started doing this game and that is so NOT TRUE....I'm going to predict an NYC BLOWOUT.....and quite easily too if your being objective and honest with yourself....list 'em Terry!

it has absolutely everything to do with your NYC is the GOAT claims. there is no denying that the vast majority of classics come from NYC(and a lot of my favorites as well), but it's like a batting average in baseball. 100 hits is impressive on the surface, but once you realize that it took 500 at bats it kinda loses it's luster. I'd much rather have 30 hits in only 100 at bats. When you finally figure out the "batting averages" for the different regions, let me know.

As i've said before, NY will have more momemts, classics, and great artists because they came first. It doesn't make it better.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution


Last edited by T. Myers on Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:39 pm

Terry wins.. Powell and KJ are idiots... they are like the Ja Rule and Ashanti of the forum... jokes...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:40 pm

Terry would you consider NYC to be the GOAT hip-hop creators of all-time?? the question is simple...either yes or no and why?? explain in full your answer man!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:42 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Terry would you consider NYC to be the GOAT hip-hop creators of all-time?? the question is simple...either yes or no and why?? explain in full your answer man!

My opinion is only my opinion. it's not a fact so it is irrelevant.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:42 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
Terry wins.. Powell and KJ are idiots... they are like the Ja Rule and Ashanti of the forum... jokes...


Hey Bunny Man you can list yours as well.......list your moments which PROVES that Tex-ass is number one of all-time Pedro...lol


good luck with that one man...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   

Back to top Go down
 
Album Of The 90's Day 8
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Third Day album coming Oct. 19
» Darkwater - New Album Update
» Fades Away - New Album!!
» New Tourniquet Album Update!!
» Weirdest album cover contest

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Classic Threads and Discussions-
Jump to: