Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Album Of The 90's Day 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which One?
Soul Food
76%
 76% [ 13 ]
Dogg Food
18%
 18% [ 3 ]
FBI
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17
 

AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:43 pm

Powell are you still talking? Or just avoiding everybody else's points? No one's gonna pay attention to you until you respond to what they say. At least KJ does others the service of acknowledging their participation in the discussion, you just ramble on and on paying attention to only yourself. It's like you can't hear or you're in your own little world or something.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:45 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Terry would you consider NYC to be the GOAT hip-hop creators of all-time?? the question is simple...either yes or no and why?? explain in full your answer man!

My opinion is only my opinion. it's not a fact so it is irrelevant.

if something CANNOT be proven wrong then it is a FACT...am I right Terry??

one day we will all die...this is a fact right??

Terry your making yourself look ridiculous by resisting man...just answer the question
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:45 pm

You ask stupid questions.... do I consider NYC the greatest hip-hop creators of all time? what does that even mean? And for the record I don't consider Texas the best state when it comes to hip-hop... most of my favorites come from Cali probably.. GA and NYC and Texas battle it out for the next 3 spots.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:46 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Powell are you still talking? Or just avoiding everybody else's points? No one's gonna pay attention to you until you respond to what they say. At least KJ does others the service of acknowledging their participation in the discussion, you just ramble on and on paying attention to only yourself. It's like you can't hear or you're in your own little world or something.


N3RO you have no points man...you normally don't...this is nothing new man
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:47 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Terry would you consider NYC to be the GOAT hip-hop creators of all-time?? the question is simple...either yes or no and why?? explain in full your answer man!

My opinion is only my opinion. it's not a fact so it is irrelevant.

if something CANNOT be proven wrong then it is a FACT...am I right Terry??

one day we will all die...this is a fact right??

Terry your making yourself look ridiculous by resisting man...just answer the question

It has never been proven to be CORRECT, and you will never be able to prove it.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:47 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
You ask stupid questions.... do I consider NYC the greatest hip-hop creators of all time? what does that even mean? And for the record I don't consider Texas the best state when it comes to hip-hop... most of my favorites come from Cali probably.. GA and NYC and Texas battle it out for the next 3 spots.


Then show me SRP...show me why Cali is number one

they have plenty of hits...show me why they would beat out NYC....lol....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:49 pm

Back to the original topic, which is what sparked this heated debate in the first place....

Look at the scoreboard....Dogg Food and FBI only have 3 votes between them. Why are y'all bitchin about what Powell said if all but 3 of you agree that Soul Food is clearly the best album in this matchup? The score is making his point for him!!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:50 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Terry would you consider NYC to be the GOAT hip-hop creators of all-time?? the question is simple...either yes or no and why?? explain in full your answer man!

My opinion is only my opinion. it's not a fact so it is irrelevant.

if something CANNOT be proven wrong then it is a FACT...am I right Terry??

one day we will all die...this is a fact right??

Terry your making yourself look ridiculous by resisting man...just answer the question

It has never been proven to be CORRECT, and you will never be able to prove it.


oh it's been proven man....anyone ever heard of the GOLDEN AGES....the greatest period in hip-hop music's history...which period is better Terry?? answer that then...which period is better man?? all the hits during that time didn't come out of NYC right?? would you say that a large majority did Terry?? answer that man...lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:52 pm

it's never been proven. and i will answer your question as soon as you figure out NYC's batting average compared to other regions. either put up or shut up.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:53 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Back to the original topic, which is what sparked this heated debate in the first place....

Look at the scoreboard....Dogg Food and FBI only have 3 votes between them. Why are y'all bitchin about what Powell said if all but 3 of you agree that Soul Food is clearly the best album in this matchup? The score is making his point for him!!

right on point KJ!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:54 pm

T. Myers wrote:
it's never been proven. and i will answer your question as soon as you figure out NYC's batting average compared to other regions. either put up or shut up.


You refuse to answer it because I am RIGHT...and your sore...lol..too bad man shit happens right?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:55 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
it's never been proven. and i will answer your question as soon as you figure out NYC's batting average compared to other regions. either put up or shut up.


You refuse to answer it because I am RIGHT...and your sore...lol..too bad man shit happens right?

Nope, i don't refuse to answer. I just want to know how much wackness NY released in order to get to the point they are at. that is how you will know which region is the best.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:57 pm

well how much wackness has the south released to get to the point they are at Terry?? answering that may also help you out quite a bit ya think?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:57 pm

you know as well as i do you can't answer my question. All you have done is ducked my questions.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:59 pm

D.Powell wrote:
well how much wackness has the south released to get to the point they are at Terry?? answering that may also help you out quite a bit ya think?

How is that relevant to me? I'm not the one trying to prove something that can not be proven.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:01 pm

Kev I got love for you man...but you and I both know you put Soul Food an all-time southern classic up against some cupcakes today man...and you did it on purpose too...and you even made a remark against Marauders right at the beginning of this thread and made many subtle remarks against it yesterday with your partner Terry to sway the followers on this forum....lol

I'm sure that Soul Food could've beaten some real competition man....make sure you hook that up tomorrow okay...lol

you guys should run for office man...I'm sure you'd both win....
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:04 pm

T. Myers wrote:
you know as well as i do you can't answer my question. All you have done is ducked my questions.

I'm saying that NYC is the GOATS of this hip-hop shit and basically I'm asking your Memphis filled ass to prove me wrong....shut me up man....show me I am wrong....show me the bangers in detail which would back up any point you wish to make about the South leading the pack man in hip-hop greatness on an all-time scale....show me what puts them up there as the number one leaders in the hip-hop sport man...show me and the forum man...show us...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:09 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
you know as well as i do you can't answer my question. All you have done is ducked my questions.

I'm saying that NYC is the GOATS of this hip-hop shit and basically I'm asking your Memphis filled ass to prove me wrong....shut me up man....show me I am wrong....show me the bangers in detail which would back up any point you wish to make about the South leading the pack man in hip-hop greatness on an all-time scale....show me what puts them up there as the number one leaders in the hip-hop sport man...show me and the forum man...show us...

I don't have to try to prove something that can't be proven. you can't prove NYC is the greatest. you can give albums, moments, and mc's till you're blue in the face, and it will prove nothing. all it takes is one person to disagree with you, and your precious theory is out the window. therefore it is not a fact.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:15 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
Terry wins.. Powell and KJ are idiots... they are like the Ja Rule and Ashanti of the forum... jokes...

You're like Gangstalicious from The Boondocks, actin hard when you're straight pussy....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:24 pm

Look Powell NY only has the advantage when it comes to these all time list simply because they were first and during the growing period they had all media outlets on lock. The south and west was dropping a lot of quality around the late 80's- early 00's but it fell under the mainstream radar. The south within the last 3-4 yrs has just got in position of locking down all media outlets and now they shine the light on us when the boo boo floods the toliet.

Terry, SRP, me, and even KJ could list every southern and western classic put out and it would not chage your view. NY has the classic single catergory on lock but album wise they fall short imo.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:37 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
you know as well as i do you can't answer my question. All you have done is ducked my questions.

I'm saying that NYC is the GOATS of this hip-hop shit and basically I'm asking your Memphis filled ass to prove me wrong....shut me up man....show me I am wrong....show me the bangers in detail which would back up any point you wish to make about the South leading the pack man in hip-hop greatness on an all-time scale....show me what puts them up there as the number one leaders in the hip-hop sport man...show me and the forum man...show us...

I don't have to try to prove something that can't be proven. you can't prove NYC is the greatest. you can give albums, moments, and mc's till you're blue in the face, and it will prove nothing. all it takes is one person to disagree with you, and your precious theory is out the window. therefore it is not a fact.


Just because one person may not agree does not mean it is not a fact Terry, that sounds stupid too...many people don't agree that Barack Obama should be the president man...does this in fact mean that he is not???

Come on Terry...show and prove man...SHOW ME MAN!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:39 pm

Powell stop reading and responding to certain posts...check what i just said to your bullshit mofo.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:42 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Look Powell NY only has the advantage when it comes to these all time list simply because they were first and during the growing period they had all media outlets on lock. The south and west was dropping a lot of quality around the late 80's- early 00's but it fell under the mainstream radar. The south within the last 3-4 yrs has just got in position of locking down all media outlets and now they shine the light on us when the boo boo floods the toliet.

Terry, SRP, me, and even KJ could list every southern and western classic put out and it would not chage your view. NY has the classic single catergory on lock but album wise they fall short imo.



list those albums Kev...show me man because I'll say straight up your wrong...as far as the last 3-4 years of hip-hop music this has been the WORSE period in all of the entire history of the music so that's not saying much is it??

I never said the west and south never dropped any quality hip-hop music I said NYC is the GOAT when it comes to quality hip-hop music...if I am wrong show me where I made a wrong turn man....lead me in the right direction...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:44 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Powell stop reading and responding to certain posts...check what i just said to your bullshit mofo.


I just answered that crap Kev....lol...SHOW ME MAN! list them honestly and objectively man

show me the greatness of other regions that would move that said region ahead of NYC on the all-time GOAT list for hip-hop creation....lyrically...production wise...etc...etc

show me dawg!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:45 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Look Powell NY only has the advantage when it comes to these all time list simply because they were first and during the growing period they had all media outlets on lock. The south and west was dropping a lot of quality around the late 80's- early 00's but it fell under the mainstream radar. The south within the last 3-4 yrs has just got in position of locking down all media outlets and now they shine the light on us when the boo boo floods the toliet.

Terry, SRP, me, and even KJ could list every southern and western classic put out and it would not chage your view. NY has the classic single catergory on lock but album wise they fall short imo.



list those albums Kev...show me man because I'll say straight up your wrong...as far as the last 3-4 years of hip-hop music this has been the WORSE period in all of the entire history of the music so that's not saying much is it??

I never said the west and south never dropped any quality hip-hop music I said NYC is the GOAT when it comes to quality hip-hop music...if I am wrong show me where I made a wrong turn man....lead me in the right direction...

you also failed to mention that NYC may be the GOAT when it comes to dropping stinkers.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:50 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Look Powell NY only has the advantage when it comes to these all time list simply because they were first and during the growing period they had all media outlets on lock. The south and west was dropping a lot of quality around the late 80's- early 00's but it fell under the mainstream radar. The south within the last 3-4 yrs has just got in position of locking down all media outlets and now they shine the light on us when the boo boo floods the toliet.

Terry, SRP, me, and even KJ could list every southern and western classic put out and it would not chage your view. NY has the classic single catergory on lock but album wise they fall short imo.



list those albums Kev...show me man because I'll say straight up your wrong...as far as the last 3-4 years of hip-hop music this has been the WORSE period in all of the entire history of the music so that's not saying much is it??

I never said the west and south never dropped any quality hip-hop music I said NYC is the GOAT when it comes to quality hip-hop music...if I am wrong show me where I made a wrong turn man....lead me in the right direction...

you also failed to mention that NYC may be the GOAT when it comes to dropping stinkers.

Nah I would give that title to the SOUTH easily too!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:55 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Look Powell NY only has the advantage when it comes to these all time list simply because they were first and during the growing period they had all media outlets on lock. The south and west was dropping a lot of quality around the late 80's- early 00's but it fell under the mainstream radar. The south within the last 3-4 yrs has just got in position of locking down all media outlets and now they shine the light on us when the boo boo floods the toliet.

Terry, SRP, me, and even KJ could list every southern and western classic put out and it would not chage your view. NY has the classic single catergory on lock but album wise they fall short imo.



list those albums Kev...show me man because I'll say straight up your wrong...as far as the last 3-4 years of hip-hop music this has been the WORSE period in all of the entire history of the music so that's not saying much is it??

I never said the west and south never dropped any quality hip-hop music I said NYC is the GOAT when it comes to quality hip-hop music...if I am wrong show me where I made a wrong turn man....lead me in the right direction...

you also failed to mention that NYC may be the GOAT when it comes to dropping stinkers.

Nah I would give that title to the SOUTH easily too!

well, you would actually have to prove it for it to matter

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:55 pm

10 Albums from each region that are as good as any east coast album.

South
Till Death Do Us Part
ATLiens
Untouchable
Minstrel Show
Ridin Dirty
Rigormortiz
Trap Muzik
When The Smoke Clears
Home Of The Killers
Wegonfunkwitchamind

West
Amerikkka's Most Wanted
Quik Is The Name
Bizarre Ride
The Chronic
At The Speed Of Life
Neva Again
Devil Made Me Do It
Dogg Food
At Your Own Risk
21 & Over

Midwest
Marshall Mathers
FBI
Resurrection
College Dropout
E 1999 Eternal
MC Breed (debut)
Worst Fears Confirmed
KOD
Devils Night
Shadows On The Sun

Now I kept it where said artist is only mentioned one time. See the east coast are known one hit album wonders and rarely top or even near the 1st classic. They fall off quicker than artist from any other coast. If I was to count the multiple classic from certain artist on other coasts it would be a slaugher imo.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:59 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Look Powell NY only has the advantage when it comes to these all time list simply because they were first and during the growing period they had all media outlets on lock. The south and west was dropping a lot of quality around the late 80's- early 00's but it fell under the mainstream radar. The south within the last 3-4 yrs has just got in position of locking down all media outlets and now they shine the light on us when the boo boo floods the toliet.

Terry, SRP, me, and even KJ could list every southern and western classic put out and it would not chage your view. NY has the classic single catergory on lock but album wise they fall short imo.



list those albums Kev...show me man because I'll say straight up your wrong...as far as the last 3-4 years of hip-hop music this has been the WORSE period in all of the entire history of the music so that's not saying much is it??

I never said the west and south never dropped any quality hip-hop music I said NYC is the GOAT when it comes to quality hip-hop music...if I am wrong show me where I made a wrong turn man....lead me in the right direction...

you also failed to mention that NYC may be the GOAT when it comes to dropping stinkers.

Nah I would give that title to the SOUTH easily too!

I think the Midwest is probably the weakest overall region, but the South has definitely dropped the most stinkers. For every Tony Yayo, there's ten Souljah Boys.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 4:01 pm

I agree that the midwest may be the weakest in terms of quanity of dopeness and choices. The east has dropped its share of stinkers also now, I was there in the 80's and 90's and everything you guys dropped wasn't sure hits.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 4:03 pm

i'm tired of Soulja Boy being the flag bearer for wackness. his music was never intended for adults really. He's the Miley Cyrus/Taylor Swift of rap. now if you want to throw Gucci Mane in there, that's fine.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 4:06 pm

KRob86 wrote:
See the east coast are known one hit album wonders and rarely top or even near the 1st classic. They fall off quicker than artist from any other coast. If I was to count the multiple classic from certain artist on other coasts it would be a slaugher imo.

Man that's BULLSHIT!!!!

If you look at the MC's that are widely known as the best ever, most of them will come from the East and the vast majority of those MC's have more than just one dope album in their discography. While some of them may have fell off, they've had stellar careers hence their GOAT status.

I'm not saying that there aren't great MC's and albums from the West, South, or Midwest. But the East is historically the most successful AND critically acclaimed region when it comes to hip-hop.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 4:09 pm

T. Myers wrote:
i'm tired of Soulja Boy being the flag bearer for wackness. his music was never intended for adults really. He's the Miley Cyrus/Taylor Swift of rap. now if you want to throw Gucci Mane in there, that's fine.

Ok, I'll throw SRP's boy Gucci in there. LOL!!

I'll also throw in Lil Wayne, who is rapidly becoming the most overrated MC of all time.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 4:12 pm

[quote="KJ Styles"]
KRob86 wrote:

I'm not saying that there aren't great MC's and albums from the West, South, or Midwest. But the East is historically the most successful AND critically acclaimed region when it comes to hip-hop.

KJ the reason for that I have already said:

"Look Powell NY only has the advantage when it comes to these all time list simply because they were first and during the growing period they had all media outlets on lock. The south and west was dropping a lot of quality around the late 80's- early 00's but it fell under the mainstream radar. The south within the last 3-4 yrs has just got in position of locking down all media outlets and now they shine the light on us when the boo boo floods the toliet."
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 4:17 pm

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/the_top_50_hip_hop_albums_of_1988/


http://rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/the_top_75_hip_hop_albums_of_1989


http://rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/the_top_50_hip_hop_albums_of_1990/


http://rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/the_top_75_hip_hop_albums_of_1991


http://rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/the_top_100_hip_hop_albums_of_1992


http://rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/the_top_125_hip_hop_albums_of_1993/


http://rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/the_top_125_hip_hop_albums_of_1994


http://rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/the_top_150_hip_hop_albums_of_1995


http://rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/the_top_125_hip_hop_albums_of_1996



fuck it I just went up to 1996 because I'm tired of listing them...lol...there is alot of west,south, midwest and east thrown in on these lists but the majority of dopeness by far is coming out of NYC/East coast easily too...


THE GOAT baby bubbas....stop being upset and say fuck it...who cares as long as you love hip-hop then it shouldn't even matter.....oh and N3RO I didn't notice ANY Iowa acts on these here lists man...sorry...lol j/ks
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 4:23 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I agree that the midwest may be the weakest in terms of quanity of dopeness and choices. The east has dropped its share of stinkers also now, I was there in the 80's and 90's and everything you guys dropped wasn't sure hits.

I'm not saying that the East hasn't it's share of stinkers, but they've easily dropped the most classics.

Terry eluded to the fact that The East had a headstart on everybody, he's right about that BUT nobody has caught up to them as of yet,

The West had it's dominant period in the early 90's but then fell off as a whole, kinda like WCW did but then ultimately lost to the WWE.

The South has been a contender since the mid-90's but they've never completely taken the reigns over. Sure, they may have artists who top the charts, but only a select few are consistently releasing GREAT material.

Hip-Hop over the last few years has been down across the board (even though there has been some bright spots here and there) but it doesn't take away from the fact that East Coast hip-hop is like the New York Yankees. They're always a contender, they've won the most championships, and they're the face of hip-hop nation. They might not win it every year, but they'll ALWAYS be relevant.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 40
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 4:44 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
SMH @ the long winded comment

He's good for taking jabs. Not sure why. He'll pretend he's kidding later, though...

I voted for Soul Food.

I still don't understand the ATCQ dissent, though. It's not like people were voting for Skee-Lo Canibus or some shit. Tribe dropped a timeless album with MM.

The pettiness and hate around this place can be annoying sometimes...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 40
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 4:46 pm

I think the problem here is people are more worried about where the album came from than what the album sounds like...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 5:18 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
SMH @ the long winded comment

He's good for taking jabs. Not sure why. He'll pretend he's kidding later, though...

I voted for Soul Food.

I still don't understand the ATCQ dissent, though. It's not like people were voting for Skee-Lo Canibus or some shit. Tribe dropped a timeless album with MM.

The pettiness and hate around this place can be annoying sometimes...

I totally agree. Kev made that jab because he doesn't like jazz/smooth rap much, but that's still no excuse. Tribe is widely recognized as one of the best groups ever and they have three classics and a near classic to prove it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 5:20 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
I think the problem here is people are more worried about where the album came from than what the album sounds like...

It shouldn't be that way either. To quote Rakim, it ain't where you from it's where you at.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 5:41 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
SMH @ the long winded comment

He's good for taking jabs. Not sure why. He'll pretend he's kidding later, though...

I voted for Soul Food.

I still don't understand the ATCQ dissent, though. It's not like people were voting for Skee-Lo Canibus or some shit. Tribe dropped a timeless album with MM.

The pettiness and hate around this place can be annoying sometimes...

I totally agree. Kev made that jab because he doesn't like jazz/smooth rap much, but that's still no excuse. Tribe is widely recognized as one of the best groups ever and they have three classics and a near classic to prove it.

I luv smooth rap, matter of fact most of the rap I praise is smooth shit but with a harder edge. ATCQ is a top 10 grp of all time to me so stop thinking you mofo's know me like that. I just listen to grps than a ATCQ that I hold in higher regard.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 574
Join date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 5:56 pm

you guys make me laugh
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 40
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 7:17 pm

Now you're lying, Kev. That....or you're a hypocrite...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 7:25 pm

How am I lying sir?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 35
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 9:54 pm

Soul Food
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 240
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:43 pm

Alan wrote:
Soul Food

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 35
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Wed 30 Dec 2009, 8:51 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I luv smooth rap, matter of fact most of the rap I praise is smooth shit but with a harder edge. ATCQ is a top 10 grp of all time to me so stop thinking you mofo's know me like that. I just listen to grps than a ATCQ that I hold in higher regard.

What Kev? I know for a fact ATCQ is not a top 10 grp of all time "to you". That sounds like personally, they are one of your GOATS. We can play the "objective" game all day. But everyone knows you don't like Tribe that much.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Wed 30 Dec 2009, 8:59 pm

Naw you don't man. Tribe has timeless singles and songs that puts them in my top 10 like maybe nine or ten. Just whole album wise they never moved me like that, to me there singles are their best songs.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 35
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Wed 30 Dec 2009, 9:10 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Naw you don't man. Tribe has timeless singles and songs that puts them in my top 10 like maybe nine or ten. Just whole album wise they never moved me like that, to me there singles are their best songs.

That's all I needed to hear. You just proved my point.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   Thu 31 Dec 2009, 1:24 am

I did not prove shit, maybe that helps you cope with how I view them but I ain't changin shit...word to Willie D!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 8   

Back to top Go down
 
Album Of The 90's Day 8
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Third Day album coming Oct. 19
» Darkwater - New Album Update
» Fades Away - New Album!!
» New Tourniquet Album Update!!
» Weirdest album cover contest

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Classic Threads and Discussions-
Jump to: