Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 albums and MC's

Go down 
+31
wiLLThaJacker
McNutty
Myestro
metalaggression
Highsmith
KJ Styles
gametheory91
Tic706
Jack of Spades
Blades
thelundquist
boet
Half
Cold Loungin
Esco
Loose Leaf
parker lewis
Dang! Trotter
Alan
Funk Seoul Brother
TheHazardous
Justin Linker
Shaun
Laced With Slang
D.Powell
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Dwight
Norfeest
Z-membu
E. Taylor
T. Myers
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Top 10 albums and MC's Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 10:28 am

ok, we've done this a thousand times, but we always come back to it for some reason or another. My idea is to have everyone list their top 10 albums and MC's, and we will make this thread a sticky thread so we can always access and reference this easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 10:32 am

MC's
Biggie
Nas
Rakim
KRS-One
Black Thought
Ice Cube
Jay Z
Q-Tip
2Pac
Scarface

Albums
Illmatic
The Low End Theory
Ready To Die
Nation Of Millions
Paid In Full
The Chronic
36 Chambers
Raising Hell
OB4CL
Criminal Minded
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 10:47 am

The problem is i can never get down to a top 10. I always have 15-20 that i can't cross off the list. That's why i never participate in these threads. Albums i know would make my top ten off the top of my head:

Dr. Dre "The Chronic"
Wu tang "36 Chambers"
Nas "Illmatic"
Public Enemy "It takes a nation"
Mobb Deep "The Infamous"
Outkast "Atliens"
Raekwon "OB4CL"
Eric B. & Rakim "Paid In Full"

favorite rappers:

Scarface
Nas
Andre 3000
Rakim
Ice Cube
Chuck D
Biggie
2pac
GZA
KRS One
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 10:51 am

I'll add D.O.C. "No One Can Do It Better". There's 9, i'll try to pick one more. Ok, here's #10, Ice Cube "Death Certificate". This will change within minutes.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 10:51 am

E. Taylor wrote:
The problem is i can never get down to a top 10. I always have 15-20 that i can't cross off the list. That's why i never participate in these threads. Albums i know would make my top ten off the top of my head:

Dr. Dre "The Chronic"
Wu tang "36 Chambers"
Nas "Illmatic"
Public Enemy "It takes a nation"
Mobb Deep "The Infamous"
Outkast "Atliens"
Raekwon "OB4CL"
Eric B. & Rakim "Paid In Full"

That's 8, i've got about 20 more that could fit into spots 9 and 10. The albums above are not in any particular order.

If you feel obligated to list more, please do so. I just want this to be a reference point for users old and new.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 10:52 am

In no particular order

Scarface
KRS One
2Pac
GZA
Andre 3000
LL Cool J
Big Daddy Kane
Kool G Rap
Ice Cube
Jay-Z

No One Can Do It Better
Criminal Minded
Enter The Wu-Tang(36 Chambers)
Liquid Swords
Aquemini
Strictly Business
Licensed To Ill
Me Against The World
Death Certificate
The Blueprint(my number ten spot changes repeatedly, but as of now, I’m riding with Jigga)

Last edited by T. Myers on Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 10:58 am

Terry whats going on with your 1st list? typo's?

E Taylor whose your top 10 fav rappers?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 11:01 am

KRob86 wrote:
Terry whats going on with your 1st list? typo's?

E Taylor whose your top 10 fav rappers?

smh, i have no idea what happened. i typed them in a word document and then pasted them here. maybe something got screwed up when i copied it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 11:10 am

Scarface
2 Pac
Jay-Z
Nas
Ice Cube
DJ Quik
K-Rino
Notorious BIG
Treach
Too Short

Death Certificate
Mr. Scarface Is Back
Niggaz4Life
Enta Da Wu-Tang (36 Chamber)
Quik Is The Name
The Chronic
ATLiens
Grip It! On That Other Level
Me Against The World
Naughty By Nature

Last edited by KRob TheRapGod on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 10:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 11:15 am

T. Myers wrote:
If you feel obligated to list more, please do so. I just want this to be a reference point for users old and new.

Exactly, my Top 10 is interchangable too. All but my Top 4 are etched in stone. Same goes for my MC list. It's all good though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 11:25 am

Albums

The Diary
Aquemini
Me Against The World
Funcrusher Plus
E99/Eternal
Capital Punishment
Chronic
Doggystyle
Anghellic
From Start 2 Finish

Mc's

Scarface
Big Pun
Andre3000
2pac
Tech N9ne
Krayzie Bone
Bizzy Bone
Eminem
Nas
Jay-Z
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 11:26 am

Yeah my top 10 more so the last half of it interchanges at times but those ten are soild picks. So many dope ass albums its hard to narroe down ten.

Whats funny is this newer generation (10-25) will be able to narrow down a top 10 with fucking ease. If they can even come up with one..lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 11:27 am

Jeff go ahead and put Haystak in yo top 10 man you know he belongs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 11:32 am

KRob86 wrote:
Yeah my top 10 more so the last half of it interchanges at times but those ten are soild picks. So many dope ass albums its hard to narroe down ten.

Yeah likewise, There's at least 3-4 others I could have listed but the ten I went with are definitely albums I will bump forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 11:32 am

In all honesty Kev he's lost a lot of respect from me post-Crakaveli and while I still dig his cd's his quality control has been ridiculous. He put out 4 cd's this year (not countin the two disc iTunes only greatest hits with 5 new songs) and the two collab cd's he did murdered his solo stuff because he's spreading himself so thin and just putting out everything he records it seems like. Not to mention the beef with Eminem which hasn't brought out the best in him lyrically and seems like an attention grab. Hopefully this year he'll recover but again he's got like 5 albums scheduled for release. We'll see what happens though.

BUT From Start 2 Finish and Car Fulla Whiteboys will always be classic albums IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 11:34 am

KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Yeah likewise, There's at least 3-4 others I could have listed but the ten I went with are definitely albums I will bump forever.

Exactly, in the past year i have had Live And Let Die and The Untouchable ranked as my #10 album at some point in time.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 2:14 pm

KRS One
Masta Ace
CL Smooth
Q Tip
Heavy D
Kool G Rap
Reks
Method Man
Eminem
Erick Sermon

BDP - Edutainment
Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
Pete Rock & CL - Mecca & The Soul Brother
ATCQ - Low End Theory
KRS One - Return of the Boom Bap
De La Soul - Bahloone Mind State
Hev D - Peaceful Journey
Das Efx - Dead Serious
MC Ren - Shock of the Hour
Ice Cube - Death Certificate

These are always changing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 3:42 pm

Yo Zol that is one differnt ass list, I mean I have seen a lot of list and never one like that one.

Eric Sermon? Fa real? Reks? Already?

Much props for the Heavy D pick the man is so under appreciated. He is top 15 for me!
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 3:55 pm

Hey Kev, i saw that Akinyele the other day in a pawn shop. Never heard him, any good?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 3:59 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
The problem is i can never get down to a top 10. I always have 15-20 that i can't cross off the list. That's why i never participate in these threads.

Same here...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:00 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
E. Taylor wrote:
The problem is i can never get down to a top 10. I always have 15-20 that i can't cross off the list. That's why i never participate in these threads.

Same here...

read what i wrote and contribute. otherwise, you need to beat it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:03 pm

Nor listens to much damn music and trys to have his hand in every sound like he's down with it but he really pulls himself to a confused mind state. How can someone who has been listening to hip hop for 20yrs not have 10 fav's? I smell bull shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:04 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Hey Kev, i saw that Akinyele the other day in a pawn shop. Never heard him, any good?

Shit yeah! This is one of those slept on 90's gems you hear people bring up here and there. If you like that east coast 90's sound you will luv this album. How much was it?
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:32 pm

GZA
Kool G Rap
Scarface
Common
Big Daddy Kane
Rakim
Del The Funky Homosapien
KRS-One
Ice Cube
Big Boi

GZA - Liquid Swords
ATCQ - Midnight Marauders
Gang Starr - Moment Of Truth
The Roots- Illadelph Halflife
Geto Boys - Grip It On That Other Level
Outkast - ATLiens
Common Sense - Resurrection
Main Source - Breaking Atoms
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
People Under The Stairs- “O.S.T.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:32 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Yo Zol that is one differnt ass list, I mean I have seen a lot of list and never one like that one.

I'm not all that familiar with Reks so I can't comment on him. But E-Dub as a solo artist?? I don't see it.

I feel the same way about Erick as I do about RZA. Great producer, and dope when rhymin with others, but average individually on the mic.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:35 pm

Tupac
Geo
Bizzy Bone
Nas
Jay-Z
Scarface
RA Scion
Lupe Fiasco
Ghostface
Shing02

Jay-Z- Reasonable Doubt
Blu & Exile- Below the Heavens
Blue Scholars- Blue Scholars self titled
Tupac- Me Against the World
Blue Scholars- Long March ep
Blue Scholars- Bayani
Lupe Fiasco- Food & Liquor
Common Market- Common Market self titled
A Tribe Called Quest- Low End Theory
Twinz- Conversation
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:39 pm

KRob, that Akinyele was only 1.25. Guess I should check it out.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:41 pm

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:43 pm

MC's (In Order)

1.Rakim (The R)-THE GOAT

2.KRS-One (Kris)-Lyrics, Battle Skills, Thought Process...do NOT fuck with him!

3.The Notorious BIG (Biggie Smalls)-a very short career marked by DOPENESS, the KING OF NYC, his life was cut short by an idiot..RIP!

4.Nas(Nasir Jones)-The poet, the prophet, skills abound

5.LL Cool J (James Todd)-battle skills, love poems, versatility reigns with him and he's been doing it for over 25 years

6.Big Daddy Kane (King Asiatic Nobody's Equal)-lyrics for years, an originator, just DOPE!

7.Jay-Z (Jigga, Hova)- the GOAT of emcees in 2010, Mr.Vain, the meaning of the word "swagger", lyrics for years!

8.Kool G Rap (the lisp), a spitter for the ages, battle skills, combined with the lisp..equals an emcee who will KILL you!

9.Ice Cube (West Coast)-the original boy in da hood, lyrics for years, Cube was no joke!

10.Chuck D (The VOICE)-his voice was scarier than your fathers....he's the Leader and many have followed...
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:50 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I'm not all that familiar with Reks so I can't comment on him. But E-Dub as a solo artist?? I don't see it.

I feel the same way about Erick as I do about RZA. Great producer, and dope when rhymin with others, but average individually on the mic.

Awe, the list changes from time to time. I like to keep the #10 spot as my "flava of the moment". And as for Reks, I have no problem putting him up there with the greats. Dude's got incredible flow and can switch up his style without skipping a beat. He kind of reminds me of a young Rakim.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 4:50 pm

Damn, if i'd known it was out of print i would have got it blind. I'll go get it today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 5:13 pm

Gangsta Zol wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Awe, the list changes from time to time. I like to keep the #10 spot as my "flava of the moment". And as for Reks, I have no problem putting him up there with the greats. Dude's got incredible flow and can switch up his style without skipping a beat. He kind of reminds me of a young Rakim.

Really, he's THAT dope??? I'll check him out sometime then.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 5:36 pm

Reks in the top 10 in your top 10 is extremely surprising man doesnt he only have 1 album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 5:37 pm

KJ you just checkin out Reks? C'mon Son! Get The Fuck Outta Here!!

Me and Shaun especially have been praising this dude all last year because of his album Grey Hairs. Where the hell were you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 5:38 pm

KRob86 wrote:
KJ you just checkin out Reks? C'mon Son! Get The Fuck Outta Here!!

Me and Shaun especially have been praising this dude all last year because of his album Grey Hairs. Where the hell were you?

LOL!! I've heard some stuff by him but never peeped his album. I'll download it tonight.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 5:42 pm

Reks had if not my favorite then one of my favorite albums of 08. "Grey Hairs" is dope and still gets spins from me.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 7:18 pm

Emcees (in order up to about 10):

1. KRS-One
2. Scarface
3. Nas
4. Ice Cube
5. Rakim
6. LL Cool J
7. Tupac
8. Kool G Rap
9. K-Rino
10. AZ
11. Andre 3000
12. Ice-T
13. Big Daddy Kane
14. Aceyalone
15. Black Thought
16. Common
17. Big Boi
18. Guru
19. Too $hort
20. Ghostface Killah

Albums (in order until about 15):

1. Boogie Down Productions- Criminal Minded
2. Public Enemy- It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back
3. Ice Cube- Death Certificate
4. Nas- Illmatic
5. BlackStar- Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are BlackStar
6. OutKast- ATLiens
7. A Tribe Called Quest- Midnight Marauders
8. Souls Of Mischief- 93 Til' Infinity
9. AZ- Doe Or Die
10. Scarface- Mr. Scarface Is Back
11. The Roots- Illadelph Halflife
12. Raekwon- Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
13. The D.O.C.- No One Can Do It Better
14. Tupac- Me Against The World
15. Das EFX- Dead Serious
16. Gangstarr- Hard To Earn
17. Too Short- Short Dog's In The House
18. Royce Da 5'9"- Death Is Certain
19. Boogie Down Productions- Ghetto Music: The Blueprint Of Hip Hop
20. K-Rino- Danger Zone

Boom. Something along those lines

Last edited by Shaun on Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 7:24 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Nor listens to much damn music and trys to have his hand in every sound like he's down with it but he really pulls himself to a confused mind state. How can someone who has been listening to hip hop for 20yrs not have 10 fav's? I smell bull shit.

Dude, read the whole thing...

And what the fuck does "hand in every sound like he's down" mean? Down with what? I play what I want. Simple as that.

You're trying way too hard. Just because you limit yourself doesn't mean I have to...

And if the light switch was on, you'd understand that anyone that has been listening as long as I have and isn't stuck in a time warp would have trouble trimming 25 years worth of dopeness down to 10 albums.

Again, read the whole thing...and try to stay on topic...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 albums and MC's   Top 10 albums and MC's Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 9:33 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Reks in the top 10 in your top 10 is extremely surprising man doesnt he only have 1 album?

He has 4 albums:

Along Came the Chosen - 2001
Rekless - 2003
Grey Hairs - 2008
More Grey Hairs (digital release) - 2009

The first two LP's you won't hear too much about because they were released on small indi labels with vertually zero marketing and promotion and mainly self-distribution. Grey Hairs came out last year and was a damn near-perfect LP. Because of that, many people are calling Grey Hairs his first "Proper" release. More Grey Hairs was a digital release that showed up on i Tunes earlier this year and is basically a continuation of the previous LP. He recently hooked up with Statik Selektah and can be heard on Stat's "Spell My Name Right" LP on a few tracks. Dude's been around for over 10 years and earned a reputation as one of the Northeast's finest underground emcees. If he had been at the right place at the right time and received an offer from a Major, then he probably would be as popular as Nas or at least Talib. Dude's got solid talent and can hold his own with the rest of the heavyweights in the game. Trust me, I wouldn't just throw a name up there without knowing dude's potential and background, especially in this forum because there are a lot of tough critics up in here (that's not a bad thing). But if you're not familiar with him, definately check him out. You won't be disappointed.

Check out this video of "Say Goodnight", produced by Primo. It's dope as hell.