Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this not right?

Go down 
+2
Shaun
E. Taylor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Is this not right? Empty
PostSubject: Is this not right?   Is this not right? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 5:59 pm

Just a question for the forum. I got blasted for this some time ago on Amazon and now a friend of mine is on me too. Scarface is my favorite mc. Has been for some time. However, none of his albums make my top 10. My friend claims that if he doesn't have an album that makes my top 10 then there's no way he can be my favorite. Not a big deal but i was just wondering about you guys opinion on it. My take is that he's the most consistent hip hop artist ever and along with his work with the Geto Boys he has 5 albums that would make my top 40.

One more question, does anyone think Face will do another album?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Is this not right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this not right?   Is this not right? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 6:21 pm

Nah. Face is my #2, and the only album of his in my top 20 is Mr. Scarface Is Back. Rakim, LL Cool J, Tupac, Kool G Rap, and K-Rino are in my top 10, and they don't have albums in my top 10, either.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Is this not right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this not right?   Is this not right? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 6:24 pm

Nobody tells you who you like. But I admit I would wonder. But Top 10 ratings are mercurial for many. If Face isn't in your Top 10, who is and how do they rank for your top 10 MCs?
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Is this not right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this not right?   Is this not right? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 6:33 pm

Thats' what i'm saying, Face is in my top 10. He's number 1. But he doesn't have an album that makes my top 10.

My top 10 albums:

Dr. Dre "The Chronic"
Wu tang "36 Chambers"
Nas "Illmatic"
Public Enemy "It takes a nation"
Mobb Deep "The Infamous"
Outkast "Atliens"
Raekwon "OB4CL"
Eric B. & Rakim "Paid In Full"
The D.O.C. "No One Can Do It Better"
Ice Cube "Death Certificate"
Back to top Go down

Is this not right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this not right?   Is this not right? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 7:06 pm

I guess technically it is OK.. but for me my top 10 sort of kind of coincides roughly - at least top 20 for each person in my top 10... but like the first 3-5 have plenty in my top 20

I mean theoretically a top 100 could consist of 100 different artists (top 100 albums from many different people) so in that case I can see a general hiphop head having that problem... I think for most fans though they bump a lot of the same favorite artists and not much else - so those albums would all be ranked high to them.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Is this not right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this not right?   Is this not right? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 7:43 pm

makes sense to me just read what Shaun said
Back to top Go down

Is this not right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this not right?   Is this not right? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 9:23 pm

Yeah whatever, you feel how you feel about said artist and that is all that matters. Now most of my top 10 rappers have an album in my top 10 but a few of them don't like Rino and Too Short.
Back to top Go down

Is this not right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this not right?   Is this not right? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 9:47 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Yeah whatever, you feel how you feel about said artist and that is all that matters. Now most of my top 10 rappers have an album in my top 10 but a few of them don't like Rino and Too Short.

Well we all know you are a k-rino playa hater...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Is this not right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this not right?   Is this not right? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 10:01 pm

Co-sign Shaun.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

Is this not right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this not right?   Is this not right? Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jan 2010, 2:16 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Just a question for the forum. I got blasted for this some time ago on Amazon and now a friend of mine is on me too. Scarface is my favorite mc. Has been for some time. However, none of his albums make my top 10. My friend claims that if he doesn't have an album that makes my top 10 then there's no way he can be my favorite. Not a big deal but i was just wondering about you guys opinion on it. My take is that he's the most consistent hip hop artist ever and along with his work with the Geto Boys he has 5 albums that would make my top 40.

One more question, does anyone think Face will do another album?

I wouldn't really take that shit to heart. I can't remember who said this on here, but most people's favorite artists or albums are the ones that speak to them the most. Also, just because someone is a great lyricist doesn't mean that they will have a great album and all great albums aren't necessarily made by great lyricists. So I completely understand your point here.

I also think that Face will get the bug and do another album. When is anybody's guess but I can't see a guy like him not making music.

Just My Thoughts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this not right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this not right?   Is this not right? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this not right?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: