Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rank The WU Tang Members

Go down 
+3
booerns
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Rank The WU Tang Members Empty
PostSubject: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 11:08 am

List your fav to least fav. Rate them if you see them as a lyricists, emcee, styler, flo master, none of the above, or all of the above.

Last edited by KRob86 on Tue 19 Jan 2010, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 11:12 am

GZA
Ghost
Meth
Inspectah Deck
Raekwon
Masta Killa
RZA
ODB
U-God
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 11:21 am

Ghostface- Styler. I know Ghost has lyrics but to me he is more of a styler where is delivery and rhyme cadence stands out more than what he is saying.

Method Man- Flow master. I think Meth is the complete package out of everybody in the WU. But his flow is a tad more stand out than his lyrics.

Raekwon- Styler. I think his style captures people more than his lyrics at first. Just like all members of Wu he has lyrics but his style is standout.

RZA- Lyricists. The man writes some lyrical shit fa yo azz. He does not have the best flow and not much emcee qualites, but lyrics for days.

Cappadonna- Styler. I luv his style, his play on words and braggvado talk.

GZA- Lyricists. Str8 up and down no real style or dope flow.

Ol Dirty Bastard- Emcee/Styler. ODB moved the crowd probably more than anybody in the Wu.

Inspectah Deck-All of the above. To me he is one of the most low radar members but he embodies a part of all of them imo.

Masta Killa- I can;t decide on this cat. I want to say none of the above since to me he is not strong in none. But he has made two dope azz solo albums so go figure.

U God- Styler.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 11:32 am

Cappa over GZA and Deck? No way no how Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 11:34 am

Yes Sir. He's more entertaining for me. Even though I know and feel GZA and Deck are betta lyricists period I always enjoy Cappa's verses more.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 1:02 pm

honestly, the members are basically interchangeable to me, since at sometimes i would just rather listen to one member over another, or sometimes one shines so much on a certain track that i can never decide

but if i had to make a list itd be something like:

Ghostface
Gza
Raekwon
Method Man
Inspectah Deck
Rza
U-God
Masta Killa
Cappa
ODB

but sometimes i would prefer Rza or U-God or whoever over anyone, depends on the day/mood
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 6:59 pm

Depends on if its a list of who is most important to Wu, or who is best solo.

As part of Wu I would say:
RZA - crafted the sound that made Wu who they were, so was most important.
Method Man - Struggles more when it is just him on a song, but when he just has a verse, his flow is to smooth to be ignored. Made Wu catchy.
Ghostface/Raekwon - Added in great lyricism and style.
GZA - Probably better lyrics than Ghostcace/Raekwon but not as much style so not as important to the group.
ODB - His madness just made Wu more unique.
U-God/Inspectah Deck - These guys are still nasty, but they were more generic then the rest which was necessary cause it made it so Wu did not get too out there.

Best solo artist:
Ghostface - Style really stands out when he is solo. To me has more great solos than anyone else in Wu by far.
Raekwon - Less consistent than Ghost I think, but also really thrived by having a whole album to himself.
GZA - Liquid Swords alone puts him up near the top.
And then I feel like there is a pretty big drop off in terms of solo stuff. Everyone is still good, but solo I feel like only those 3 really brought it. U-God's Dopium was nice but he had to much bad stuff. I never got that into Masta Killa, or Inspectah Deck solo.
Also I always got a little bored of Method Man by the end of an album. Tical is great, but to me he just gets a little to repetitive for his whole own cd.
RZA also just gets a little boring on solo stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 9:36 pm

GZA
Ghostface
Inspectdah Deck
Method Man
Raekwon
Masta Killa
ODB
RZA
Cappadonna
U-God
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 9:43 pm

Cappadonna isn't a part of Wu-Tang...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 10:18 pm

Shaun wrote:
Cappadonna isn't a part of Wu-Tang...

He's an affiliate/honorary member. And since Slang and Kev also ranked him, I figured I would as well.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 10:24 pm

Yeah, I know. I was just pointing it out, because if you include Cappadonna, you might as well rank Killah Priest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 10:57 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
GZA
Ghostface
Inspectah Deck
Method Man
Raekwon
Masta Killa
ODB
RZA
Cappadonna
U-God
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 11:24 pm

Cappadonna is now technically an official member, at least from a monetary standpoint from album sales and tours
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 11:29 pm

Rza
Gza
ODB
Ghostface
Method Man
Raekwon
Inspectah Deck
U-God
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2010, 12:23 am

Overall:
GZA
Ghostface
Raekwon
RZA
Method Man
Inspectah Deck
Masta Killa
ODB
U-God

Flow:
Inspectah Deck
Method Man
Ghostface
Raekwon
GZA
U-God
Masta Killa
RZA
ODB

Lyricists:
GZA
Deck
Method Man
RZA
Ghostface
Raekwon
Masta Killa
U-God
ODB

Swag/Flare:
Ghostface
Method Man
Deck
ODB
Raekwon
RZA
U-God
GZA
Masta Killa
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2010, 12:25 am

Listed in order of how I enjoy them most...

Ghost
RZA
Rae
Hot Nicks
ODB
GZA
Deck
U-God
Masta Killa
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rank The WU Tang Members   Rank The WU Tang Members Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rank The WU Tang Members
Page 1 of 1