Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 2:11 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
I'll take your word for it... lol

Do that, Amerikaz Nightmare was crappy. I mean the Mobb on a Lil Jon beat? Cmon. They did come a lot harder on The Safe Is Cracked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 3:13 pm

Esco wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

Do that, Amerikaz Nightmare was crappy. I mean the Mobb on a Lil Jon beat? Cmon. They did come a lot harder on The Safe Is Cracked.

Amerikaz Nightmare is underrated IMO, much better than The Safe Is Cracked.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 3:56 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Norf, you gotta at least like Connected For Life & Do The Damn Thing.

Solid, true...but not solid enough to save the album.

I also heard good things about Hustla's Handbook but was kinda iffy on checkin' it out...

You heard that one yet?

Ya, that and Soft White both have their moments, nothing spectacular, still not old hongry 1-0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 3:58 pm

Wayne wrote:
Esco wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

Amerikaz Nightmare is underrated IMO, much better than The Safe Is Cracked.

Agreed, The Safe is Cracked was forgettable IMO, and that Lil Jon beat was fire. Live Niggaz, Got It Twisted, Win Or Lose, Flood The Block, and Throw Ya Hands are all bangers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 4:15 pm

Yeah Amerikaz Nighmare is not that bad. Its way betta than Blood Money and not far behind Infamy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 4:20 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Yeah Amerikaz Nighmare is not that bad. Its way betta than Blood Money and not far behind Infamy.

Amerikaz Nightmare>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Infamy
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 5:02 pm

Amerikaz Nightmare>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Infamy, indeed.

Win Or Lose>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Every song on Infamy combined.

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 5:05 pm

Shaun wrote:
Amerikaz Nightmare>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Infamy, indeed.

Win Or Lose>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Every song on Infamy combined.

Yeah I LOVE Win or Lose
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 5:26 pm

KRob86 wrote:

That's not saying a whole lot. That shit wasn't even worth the download... lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 5:29 pm

Amerika'z Nightmare is dope IMO. I think Norf would dig it because he's able to like stuff even if it's poppy. Unlike you haters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 5:30 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

That's not saying a whole lot. That shit wasn't even worth the download... lol

Amerikaz Nightmare is 4.25 stars IMO, but even objectively I can't see less than 4 stars for it.

Your taste is hard to pinpoint so I'm not entirely sure that you'll like it as much as I do, but it's definitely worth spinning. If you like Win or Lose then you should like the rest of the album. Not that every song sounds like it but it sets the tone for the album perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:09 pm

The Black Eyed Peas never made interesting music, Fergie or no Fergie. They are responsible for two of the worst songs I've heard in my life (you can probably guess what they are). Not a fan, to say the least.

Back on topic though, I liked DMX until The Great Depression, Kanye until 808s, 50 Cent until The Massacre, Fabolous until his second album....there's actually a pretty long list of artists that I stopped following.

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:15 pm

Kendrick Davis wrote:
The Black Eyed Peas never made interesting music, Fergie or no Fergie. They are responsible for two of the worst songs I've heard in my life (you can probably guess what they are). Not a fan, to say the least.

Those two songs were post Fergie, so that's a load of crap. Behind The Front is a classic IMO.

And DMX's discog is overrated other than his debut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:22 pm

I had a dream last night, and in that dream was the dopest fucking song with Eminem and 50 Cent in it... shit was banging... but it wasn't a real song.. just some shit I made up in my dreams.. but it was dope as fuck... the beat, the lyrics, the hooks... but for the life of me I just remember it being dope but I don't remember shit about the song... damn....

And the answer to the topic is yes, yes that has occurred.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:26 pm

See, I think DMX's sophomore effort is better than his debut. Not as filled with hits, no, but better, IMO.

My tastes aren't hard to pinpoint. Just don't be wack. Very broad, I know, but that's the best I can do to sum it up... lol

Romped, that's my problem with Mack 10...dude just ain't hungry anymore and you can hear it. It's like he's not trying anymore. Dude was a favorite back in '95 and '97. I'm not even sure when he fell off...I just looked up one day and he had already fell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:29 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
See, I think DMX's sophomore effort is better than his debut. Not as filled with hits, no, but better, IMO.

My tastes aren't hard to pinpoint. Just don't be wack. Very broad, I know, but that's the best I can do to sum it up... lol

It's Dark And Hell Is Hot>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood

As for the second part, you liked Monkey Business by BEP. That album makes Elephunk sound like Illmatic!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:30 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

It's Dark And Hell Is Hot>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood

As for the second part, you liked Monkey Business by BEP. That album makes Elephunk sound like Illmatic!

Doesn't everything sound like illmatic to you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:31 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

Nope, but it's my measuring stick. Just as Soul On Ice by Seagram is yours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:33 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

Nope, but it's my measuring stick. Just as Soul On Ice by Seagram is yours.

My measuring stick is how much I like something... I don't really compare them to other albums, especially considering I like different albums for different reasons. So I really only go my replayability - the number of times I find myself spinning an album the week I get it is usually a good measuring stick as to the longevity that album will have in my library.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 8:03 pm

I disagree. DMX's debut is highly overrated. Skip material throughout...

As far as Monkey Business, give the album a try. It's better than the singles suggest. Here are a few tracks for the unfamiliar. And do keep in mind that they have never been all that lyrical...not even during their "underground" phase...

They Don't Want Music feat. James Brown

Like That feat. Q-Tip, Talib Kweli, Cee-Lo, & John Legend

My Style feat. Timbaland & Justin Timberlake

Audio Delite At Low Fidelity

Not jaw dropping by any means, but I wouldn't call any of those songs "wack".
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 8:03 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
My measuring stick is how much I like something... I don't really compare them to other albums, especially considering I like different albums for different reasons. So I really only go my replayability - the number of times I find myself spinning an album the week I get it is usually a good measuring stick as to the longevity that album will have in my library.

Same here...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 8:04 pm

NORF GET ON THE FUCKING CHATBOX NOW PLEASE
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 9:21 pm

"I had a dream last night, and in that dream was the dopest fucking song with Eminem and 50 Cent in it... shit was banging... but it wasn't a real song.. just some shit I made up in my dreams.. but it was dope as fuck... the beat, the lyrics, the hooks... but for the life of me I just remember it being dope but I don't remember shit about the song... damn...."

Lol. I've done that before.

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 12:11 pm

Actually I do that dream shit all the time. It's even worse when I look on youtube the next day because I swore I really heard it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 1:57 pm

I've heard Monkey Business Norf, and while it's not a terrible album. It still doesn't have a great deal of replay value (although the James Brown song is a banger)

Amerikaz Nightmare is far better IMO.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 2:25 pm

???

I never compared BEP to any Mobb Deep album. The range would be far to wide for me to even attempt to draw any similarities...

I was saying that the old and new BEP is pretty much the same lyrically. Folks just pinpoint Fergie because she's an easy target.

Mobb Deep ain't for me...not the recent shit anyway. I'll stick with the classics...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?   

Back to top Go down

Has a song/album/feature ever actually stopped you from listening to an artist you previously followed?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2