Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Devin The Dude

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 771
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 26
Location : Where trunks knock a lot and weed spark a lot, GA

PostSubject: Devin The Dude   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 10:50 pm

I've slept on this guy for way too long. I had heard him in features and what not and I really liked him. I finally listened to Just Tryin' Ta' Live and I really like it. When I can smoke again, I have a feeling I'm going to love that album haha. So I was just wonderin what is his best album? Could you rank them for me?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 11:35 pm

Devin is one of my fav srtists so here's what I think (first 2 are interchangeable)

Just Tryin Ta Live
The Dude
Waiting To Inhale
To tha X-Treme
Landing Gear

Hi Life is not an official album so try before you buy that one. Also you must listen to his debut grp album with The Odd Sqaud called Fadanuf Fa Erybody!!.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Mon 01 Feb 2010, 11:45 pm

Just Tryin Ta Live is a classic IMO and The Dude is dope but does have one wack song. Also, Odd Squad is one of Dre's favorite groups, for the record.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
avatar

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2009-05-28
Age : 36
Location : Bankhead SHAWTY and we'll take yo COOKIE!

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 12:19 am

The Dude (classic)
Just Tryin Ta Live
To tha X-Treme

Don't have landing gear, Odd Squad, or that collabo he did.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 755
Join date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 5:05 am

KRob86 wrote:
Devin is one of my fav srtists so here's what I think (first 2 are interchangeable)

Just Tryin Ta Live
The Dude
Waiting To Inhale
To tha X-Treme
Landing Gear

Hi Life is not an official album so try before you buy that one. Also you must listen to his debut grp album with The Odd Sqaud called Fadanuf Fa Erybody!!.

I agree with these ratings. The Dude should be the next pick up but all his albums are enjoyable. The first 3 are classics to me. Also the Odd Squad and the Facemob album with Scarface, DMG and others is dope too.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 771
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 26
Location : Where trunks knock a lot and weed spark a lot, GA

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 8:26 am

Based on all these recs, looks like I need to check out The Dude next....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 11:06 am

Red wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Devin is one of my fav srtists so here's what I think (first 2 are interchangeable)

Just Tryin Ta Live
The Dude
Waiting To Inhale
To tha X-Treme
Landing Gear

Hi Life is not an official album so try before you buy that one. Also you must listen to his debut grp album with The Odd Sqaud called Fadanuf Fa Erybody!!.

I agree with these ratings. The Dude should be the next pick up but all his albums are enjoyable. The first 3 are classics to me. Also the Odd Squad and the Facemob album with Scarface, DMG and others is dope too.

Good pick Red on Face Mob, I 4got about that one. The first Face Mob Other Side Of The Law is a banga. The second one Silence is aiight and should only be purchased if you become a die hard fan of them. Devin is not on that second one.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1989
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 26
Location : South GA

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 6:26 pm

I'll have to end up picking up The Dude as well. Just Tryin Ta Live is suck a good cd, so mellow and relaxing.
Back to top Go down
3Kingz
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
avatar

Posts : 95
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 52
Location : Durham NC

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 6:38 pm

Recommend me a Devin cd please (I'll pick the one with the most recs).
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 7:57 pm

Ahhh Kingz looks like the concensus is The Dude and/or Jus Tryin' Ta Live.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 8:30 pm

Damn, what am I missing about Devin? I own 3 of his albums (well...actually 2...one is screwed and chopped) and just cannot get into him at all.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 8:34 pm

Alan wrote:
Damn, what am I missing about Devin? I own 3 of his albums (well...actually 2...one is screwed and chopped) and just cannot get into him at all.

Yeah man, i've never understood why people love him so much. He's just never done much for me.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 8:41 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
Damn, what am I missing about Devin? I own 3 of his albums (well...actually 2...one is screwed and chopped) and just cannot get into him at all.

Yeah man, i've never understood why people love him so much. He's just never done much for me.

I mean, I like chill emcees, but Devin sounds flat out lazy to me most of the time...he must smoke an insane amount of reefer before every recording session. He is a good singer though.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 8:48 pm

Most of us really dig him because of his witty and funny lyrics and subject matter. He has an captivating voice and the smooth laidback production makes him a winner. The dude is a lyricists make no mistake about it. To me he is the evolution of the blueprint Too Short laid down.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 8:53 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Most of us really dig him because of his witty and funny lyrics and subject matter. He has an captivating voice and the smooth laidback production makes him a winner. The dude is a lyricists make no mistake about it. To me he is the evolution of the blueprint Too Short laid down.

Hmmm, I agree with a lot of that. Dude is funny, witty, and can be entertaining. But what I downright disagree with is his "captivating voice". In fact, I feel that it's his lack of a captivating voice that is his main problem. lol

Oh, and I don't see the "lyricist" part either. He's more of an entertainer IMO.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 771
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 26
Location : Where trunks knock a lot and weed spark a lot, GA

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 8:54 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
Damn, what am I missing about Devin? I own 3 of his albums (well...actually 2...one is screwed and chopped) and just cannot get into him at all.

Yeah man, i've never understood why people love him so much. He's just never done much for me.

I mean, I like chill emcees, but Devin sounds flat out lazy to me most of the time...he must smoke an insane amount of reefer before every recording session. He is a good singer though.

I saw an interview where he said he smoked 60 blunts in one sitting. I just can't imagine smoking that much....ever.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 8:58 pm

gametheory91 wrote:
Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
Damn, what am I missing about Devin? I own 3 of his albums (well...actually 2...one is screwed and chopped) and just cannot get into him at all.

Yeah man, i've never understood why people love him so much. He's just never done much for me.

I mean, I like chill emcees, but Devin sounds flat out lazy to me most of the time...he must smoke an insane amount of reefer before every recording session. He is a good singer though.

I saw an interview where he said he smoked 60 blunts in one sitting. I just can't imagine smoking that much....ever.

lol...I'd get a headache from smoking that much. Really though, you think your lungs would start to bleed. Have you ever smoked like 5 blunts in a day? All that filter-less smoke takes it's toll.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 771
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 26
Location : Where trunks knock a lot and weed spark a lot, GA

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 9:04 pm

I mean, I like blunts but I don't smoke them that much. I'm more of a joint/bong kinda guy. But yeah, there have been days where my lungs hurt from smoking too much. It sucks....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 9:06 pm

Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Most of us really dig him because of his witty and funny lyrics and subject matter. He has an captivating voice and the smooth laidback production makes him a winner. The dude is a lyricists make no mistake about it. To me he is the evolution of the blueprint Too Short laid down.

Hmmm, I agree with a lot of that. Dude is funny, witty, and can be entertaining. But what I downright disagree with is his "captivating voice". In fact, I feel that it's his lack of a captivating voice that is his main problem. lol

Oh, and I don't see the "lyricist" part either. He's more of an entertainer IMO.

We define lyricism differently thats all. And captivating voice I meant more on the singing side of him.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 40
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 9:47 pm

Alan said "reefer"....

My dad called it "reefer" when he wanted to sound like an American. That word makes me laugh every time I hear it. lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 10:12 pm

"Damn, what am I missing about Devin? I own 3 of his albums (well...actually 2...one is screwed and chopped) and just cannot get into him at all. "

Page 1. Recent Purchases. Amazon.

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 10:15 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Most of us really dig him because of his witty and funny lyrics and subject matter. He has an captivating voice and the smooth laidback production makes him a winner. The dude is a lyricists make no mistake about it. To me he is the evolution of the blueprint Too Short laid down.

Hmmm, I agree with a lot of that. Dude is funny, witty, and can be entertaining. But what I downright disagree with is his "captivating voice". In fact, I feel that it's his lack of a captivating voice that is his main problem. lol

Oh, and I don't see the "lyricist" part either. He's more of an entertainer IMO.

We define lyricism differently thats all. And captivating voice I meant more on the singing side of him.

That much is obvious. We define it correctly, and you define it the KRob way.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 10:54 pm

And whats the "KROb way"?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 10:58 pm

KRob86 wrote:
And whats the "KROb way"?

The KRob way is usually the wrong way, but even a blind Squirell finds a nut. LOL!

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 11:31 pm

There's no right or wrong in opinions. I prefer real life/substance/witty lyrics over big word/braggvado/battle rhyme lyrics.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 11:33 pm

KRob86 wrote:
There's no right or wrong in opinions. I prefer real life/substance/witty lyrics over big word/braggvado/battle rhyme lyrics.

I agree. There is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions. I would try to proclaim my opinion as FACT. I was just busting your balls

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Tue 02 Feb 2010, 11:57 pm

Oh okay... Wink
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
avatar

Posts : 163
Join date : 2009-05-08
Location : In the bathroom Boo Boo'n

PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   Fri 05 Feb 2010, 12:59 am

Alan wrote:
Damn, what am I missing about Devin? I own 3 of his albums (well...actually 2...one is screwed and chopped) and just cannot get into him at all.

If you have given Devin an honest listen and you don't like him, then you just don't like him. It doesn't mean ou are missing something. I personally like him beause he's down to earth, laid back and funny. His music is always funky and it works for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Devin The Dude   

Back to top Go down
 
Devin The Dude
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Hilarious shred videos
» Devin Williams - Overload

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: