Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dessa-A Badly Broken Code

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dessa-A Badly Broken Code Empty
PostSubject: Dessa-A Badly Broken Code   Dessa-A Badly Broken Code Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 11:39 am

So, Pounds, you enjoy some female rappers, Minnesota hip hop, and Doomtree. I don't care for chick rappers, like some MN rap, and have a soft spot for Doomtree, but I'm not a die hard fan. Would I like this?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Dessa-A Badly Broken Code   Dessa-A Badly Broken Code Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 8:03 pm

Shit man, I haven't even checked this out yet.

Dessa is talented, and I always like her live - not to mention she's hot as hell. :brenda:

However, while I like her when she's rapping (she dropped an EP in 2006 or so), I'm not too interested in how this album is marketed...

"The first official full-length album emphasizes Dessa's wingspan as a singer and rapper, ranging from melancholy a cappella arrangements to vintage torch songs to infectious rap cuts."

Eh, I know I won't care much for the spoken word and music-less shit. That shit is like pure vagina music...not much a man can identify with. I probably will check it out for the rap cuts though....and she is a good singer, so there probably is some nice material in there.

Oh damn, I just read there is Big Jess production on there...I'm in. lol

I'll let you know what I think when I finally listen to it...but it will most likely a try before I buy type deal.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Dessa-A Badly Broken Code   Dessa-A Badly Broken Code Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 8:11 pm

Check your PM's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dessa-A Badly Broken Code   Dessa-A Badly Broken Code Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 11:49 pm

Thanks, and for the record, Big Jess is doing a few songs on B.Dolan's next album (coming out in march).
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Dessa-A Badly Broken Code   Dessa-A Badly Broken Code Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 4:26 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Thanks, and for the record, Big Jess is doing a few songs on B.Dolan's next album (coming out in march).

Hmmm, I haven't heard anything by B.Dolan that I know of. The myspace cut I have playing is pretty nice...

As for the Dessa album, not really digging it. I will not be purchasing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dessa-A Badly Broken Code   Dessa-A Badly Broken Code Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 12:35 am

B.Dolan is nice IMO. He's like a young Sage Francis. That Dessa is dope IMO but definitely not for me.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Dessa-A Badly Broken Code   Dessa-A Badly Broken Code Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 10:02 am

N3R0 wrote:
B.Dolan is nice IMO. He's like a young Sage Francis. That Dessa is dope IMO but definitely not for me.

Yeah, I'll have to keep an ear open.

My thoughts exactly on the Dessa though. I do like a few cuts on there, and the material is actually very good. But most of it just isn't my style. It just wouldn't have that repeat listening value for me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dessa-A Badly Broken Code   Dessa-A Badly Broken Code Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dessa-A Badly Broken Code
Page 1 of 1