Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to request to ban a user

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

How to request to ban a user Empty
PostSubject: How to request to ban a user   How to request to ban a user Icon_minitimeSat 06 Feb 2010, 2:53 am

Alright. I'm taking the forum into my own hands again. That said, I want to start this thread regarding how to request to ban another member of the forum.

First off, for whatever reason, if ever you feel that a certain user (any user at all) needs to be banned from this forum. What you do is you send me a private message, you tell me who you want banned and why, then I will start a thread with the users name (example: ban [insert user name]).

Inside the thread will be a "Yes" or "No" poll. And if you cast a vote you MUST reply to the thread as let us know that you voted and why you voted (if you vote and fail to state that you voted, and your reason for your vote; then your vote will hereby be disregarded - this prevents users making fake accounts to vote)

If the poll gets a majority of "No" votes and posts, then the user is as free as Courtney Love. However, if the poll gets a majority of "Yes" votes and posts, that will not mean you will be banned automatically. It means that all the admins must discuss whether or not the user should be banned.

KEEP THIS IN MIND: If a user happens to get a majority of "Yes" votes and is decided by the admins that he or she should be banned, the person will be banned for ONE WEEK.
Once the user's ban is lifted and has yet another ban request, and is decided to be banned yet again, the user will be perminately banned.

USER REQUIREMENTS TO REQUEST A BAN PETITION:

1. You must have 75+ posts in the forum to PM me to start a user ban petition.
2. You must have 75+ posts in the forum to vote in a ban user petition.
3. You must have a legitimate reason to request a ban user petition to ban that specific user; no personal bias, none of that forum-drama bullshit. If you do not have a legit reason, your request for a ban petition will be disregarded.
4. You must have a legitimate reason to vote in a ban petition thread.

I hope I worded this right. I'm not very good with speeches lol.

Please play nice, don't get banned!

Thank you.

Also, check out my other thread on how to improve HH4L

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How to request to ban a user   How to request to ban a user Icon_minitimeSat 06 Feb 2010, 10:36 am

Outside of Steve, who never had a desire to respect anyone, i don't see a reason to ban anyone else on here. Sure people cross the line from time to time, but it's business as usual in the next thread. People around here don't tend to hold a grudge. No one is ever really bitter or angry. sometimes opinions just get heated.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How to request to ban a user   How to request to ban a user Icon_minitimeSat 06 Feb 2010, 12:28 pm

Yeah, I basically told Linker to shut up last night in the chatbox.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: How to request to ban a user   How to request to ban a user Icon_minitimeSat 06 Feb 2010, 4:20 pm

I don't think it's the right way to go about it Linker. You are encouraging singling somebody out in that situation and then having all members vote on them. If someone is voted to be banned by enough people that will possibly only create a grudge against members and may encourage the same or worse behaviour, then again it may not, but still it's bitch made shit imo.

You Admins are chosen there because you should be level headed and fair people. If someone has a prob they can complain to you guys and you should all get together and discuss/remedy the situation, not have members voting on each other like they are an album worth keeping or not.

That's just what I think.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: How to request to ban a user   How to request to ban a user Icon_minitimeSat 06 Feb 2010, 7:00 pm

Yes, but we may have another "Steve'ish" member join us. People to this day oppose his banning. I want to know from forum members why the member should be banned. It will ultimately be up to the admins, but if the members are having some sort of displeasure with a member in the sense of feeling abused, then the members have a right to speak on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: How to request to ban a user   How to request to ban a user Icon_minitimeSat 06 Feb 2010, 7:16 pm

Yeah it's cool whatever you guys want to do, but I just wanted to write what I thought. We got 80+ members joined but don't hardly see any more than 25% of our total contributing which is strange. I don't know about Steve, but I didn't see why the Hyphy fella was banned, only saw it was something about a Krs One thread which people didn't seem to like, so his banning doesnt seem just if it was just for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to request to ban a user   How to request to ban a user Icon_minitimeSat 06 Feb 2010, 8:25 pm

I want to ban linker the gay pound clown. he banned me from the chatbox the other day for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to request to ban a user   How to request to ban a user Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to request to ban a user
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Site Rules & Information-
Jump to: