Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Empty
PostSubject: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 7:44 pm

Nobody cares, anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 8:40 pm

I did.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 9:05 pm

Ditto, Shaun. Fuck this vegetarian.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 9:11 pm

Norf's a veggie, too.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 11:27 pm

I've been hoping he'd do a project like this, though I hoped he'd tend more toward the folk side of indie, like the songs he did with Will Oldham and Jolie Holland. Looking forward to hearing it anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 11:29 pm

The songs with Will Oldham and Jolie Holland were dope, but contained no real rock elements to them.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 11:33 pm

Yeah, they tend more toward folk and roots music, which is why this isn't exactly along those lines, but if it's gonna work, I think Sage is the right rapper for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 11:34 pm

I was kinda hoping that Sage would let somebody like POS produce his next album if he wants a more rock sound. So I'm slightly disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I'll still check for it, but for the first time I might d/l instead of blind buy.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 11:43 pm

P.O.S. has the right conception of how Hip-Hop and rock should fit together, but I think Sage probably has a pretty good ear for it as well, which would make P.O.S.' input unnecessary, because as songwriters and musicians he went with the better option. It's just bring it all together that is in question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 11:50 pm

While I agree with you for the most part, I'm not so much concerned with the overall sound as the intriciacies (sp?) of each song. Namely, POS knows flow, and would be able to put together soundscapes that work well with a diverse MC (such as Sage, as they both have penchants for switching up flows and speeds and doing it well without missing a beat...literally).
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 11:56 pm

Maybe. I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 11:57 pm

Indeed, can't wait for April. Also, Jason, are you anticipating B.Dolan's new album (entirely produced by the dope as fuck Alias)?
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:05 am

dope
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 10:53 am

N3R0 wrote:
Indeed, can't wait for April. Also, Jason, are you anticipating B.Dolan's new album (entirely produced by the dope as fuck Alias)?

Yeah, should be good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 6:24 pm

New single released:

lifeisjustalie.com

You have to do that lame right click save target as shit, there are no prompts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track   New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sage Francis Album...With Indy Rockers On Every Track
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: