Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 10:59 pm

I would personally take Wu massacre over OB4CL2 for a handful of reasons.

1. It is 10 tracks of straight dopeness. OB4CL@ was hit or miss on the back half of the album.
2. While it's debatable as to whether OB4CL2 reached higher highs, it hink most people would say it reached lower lows, but i could be wrong about that.
3. There is more Meth on Wu Massacre for obvious reasons, and quite frankly, he's better and more enjoyable than Rae IMO.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 241
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:00 pm

Whoa somebody deleted a post...

nickey

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:00 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ you just need to SHUT THE FUCK UP when you don't know what you are talking about.

This coming from someone who said that Jerry Stackhouse and Stephon Marbury were better than Michael Jordan???? It's YOU that doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:02 pm

this is the only site where ive seen this much hate for this album...

just be glad we got this and OBFCL2 within 6 months of each other and that Wu actually came through on a promised album, they are notorious for saying shit and not releasing anything so id take a dope rushed LP over nothing any day
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:04 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
this is the only site where ive seen this much hate for this album...

It's only a couple of people hating. Not even a blip on the radar screen, nothing to sweat.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:05 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ you just need to SHUT THE FUCK UP when you don't know what you are talking about.

This coming from someone who said that Jerry Stackhouse and Stephon Marbury were better than Michael Jordan???? It's YOU that doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You're a dense turd, kj - so you won't get it.

And Slang you are equally dense... you just admitted you are settling... you are happy you at least get an album and are forgiving all it's flaws - which admittedly are not musical - because of it.

That's the problem with this album - not the music - not anything else - just the fact grown men put out a rushed incomplete album - blame someone else - but ultimately it is the consumer who is footing the bill for their bullshit, whoever may be at fault.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:06 pm

I bought Wu Massacre today, and I will be listening to it tomorrow (didn't have a chance to get to it tonight, lol). I'm expecting something great, and I know it'll deliver.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:07 pm

Anyone who thinks Stack or Marbury is better than Jordan is a fucking retard. And Slang is correct, I've heard nothing but praise for Wu-Massacre and OB4CL2 throughout hip-hop nation.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:08 pm

I certainly hope neither are referring to me. The 10 tracks they gave us are all dope. So i have no problem with what i got. My main gripe would be about what i didn't get. IMO, it's like ordering a thick juicy 12oz NY Strip Steak, and then having it taken away from you after you've only ate 6oz's. Sure while it's technically enough, i still want to eat more.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:08 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ you just need to SHUT THE FUCK UP when you don't know what you are talking about.

This coming from someone who said that Jerry Stackhouse and Stephon Marbury were better than Michael Jordan???? It's YOU that doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You're a dense turd, kj - so you won't get it.

And Slang you are equally dense... you just admitted you are settling... you are happy you at least get an album and are forgiving all it's flaws - which admittedly are not musical - because of it.

That's the problem with this album - not the music - not anything else - just the fact grown men put out a rushed incomplete album - blame someone else - but ultimately it is the consumer who is footing the bill for their bullshit, whoever may be at fault.

you sort of made my point, the music is good, so im satisfied, my expectations for this were never as high as some others around here from the get go as soon as i found out it was on Def Jam my expectations went down, and this met the expectations i had for it

and how r people here praising the E-40 album more than this??? just because its long, but no mention that its FULL of filler...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 241
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:09 pm

Wayne wrote:
I bought Wu Massacre today, and I will be listening to it tomorrow (didn't have a chance to get to it tonight, lol). I'm expecting something great, and I know it'll deliver.

Sup man. Also just to let you know I'm still the Dead Thread Resurrector on this site. You can be my sidekick though if you want.

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Anyone who thinks Stack or Marbury is better than Jordan is a fucking retard. And Slang is correct, I've heard nothing but praise for Wu-Massacre and OB4CL2 throughout hip-hop nation.

Has that been the talk of the town as you rode around on your tricycle today?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:10 pm

I know you are not dissing a legendary hip-hop label as an excuse Slang - when has Def Jam forced an artist to deliver bullshit? They've done some shady shit - but from what I can tell they've also done a lot to give GFK, Meth, The Roots, and many more a platform to deliver music how they want in the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:11 pm

And two people have praised the E-40 - I have not heard it - and I am worried about filler - but fuck, at least I know he put in work to record that filler and didn't just say "Fuck it, the deal sucks so I'm just gonna stop here"
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:12 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ you just need to SHUT THE FUCK UP when you don't know what you are talking about.

This coming from someone who said that Jerry Stackhouse and Stephon Marbury were better than Michael Jordan???? It's YOU that doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You're a dense turd, kj - so you won't get it.

And Slang you are equally dense... you just admitted you are settling... you are happy you at least get an album and are forgiving all it's flaws - which admittedly are not musical - because of it.

That's the problem with this album - not the music - not anything else - just the fact grown men put out a rushed incomplete album - blame someone else - but ultimately it is the consumer who is footing the bill for their bullshit, whoever may be at fault.

you sort of made my point, the music is good, so im satisfied, my expectations for this were never as high as some others around here from the get go as soon as i found out it was on Def Jam my expectations went down, and this met the expectations i had for it

and how r people here praising the E-40 album more than this??? just because its long, but no mention that its FULL of filler...

Did i miss something? LOL! Is there someone saying the new E-40 albums are better than this? I haven't spun the E-40 discs yet so i have no comment, but i iz curious.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:17 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
I know you are not dissing a legendary hip-hop label as an excuse Slang - when has Def Jam forced an artist to deliver bullshit? They've done some shady shit - but from what I can tell they've also done a lot to give GFK, Meth, The Roots, and many more a platform to deliver music how they want in the last few years.

in my opinion lately they have not been great. Some songs on Fishscale were questionable and seemed like they got the Def Jam touch, dont you remember Tical 0? that was Def Jam's doing. Meth and Rae have both talked about their trouble they had with the label when making this album and ho they were rushed to meet a deadline, etc..
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:18 pm

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
Wayne wrote:
I bought Wu Massacre today, and I will be listening to it tomorrow (didn't have a chance to get to it tonight, lol). I'm expecting something great, and I know it'll deliver.

Sup man. Also just to let you know I'm still the Dead Thread Resurrector on this site. You can be my sidekick though if you want.

No doubt.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 241
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:19 pm

Wayne wrote:
halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
Wayne wrote:
I bought Wu Massacre today, and I will be listening to it tomorrow (didn't have a chance to get to it tonight, lol). I'm expecting something great, and I know it'll deliver.

Sup man. Also just to let you know I'm still the Dead Thread Resurrector on this site. You can be my sidekick though if you want.

No doubt.

Haha cool man.

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:20 pm

Tical O was damn near ten years ago. The last Meth album was dope. And I had no problem with Fishscale or More Fishscale or BDR and Pretty Toney remains my favorite GFK album.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:30 pm

ive only spun Day Shift on E-40 so far but there was definitely a lot of filler off first listen, i started Night Shift about 10 mins ago
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:36 pm

I've only got about 3 tracks into Day Shift, but i'll probably finish it and Night Shift tomorrow.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:39 pm

booerns wrote:
Nero, a chalie boy fan? Really? I think he's dope, but I didn't know he was your style.

I've liked Chalie Boy since I first heard him on that K Rino album. Quick rapping with singing? Are you kidding me? That's my exact steez.
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Wed 31 Mar 2010, 12:02 am

Well I'm glad there is another chalie boy fan then. Versatile Child I think is his best, but I can praise chalie some other time.

On the topic of wu-massacre, I think it is dope, but how is that album getting a lot of love and chamber music didn't? I remember everyone here claiming 8 diagrams to be better then chamber music, when every track on chamber music was a classic. You only get 8 tracks I know, and maybe it was because there were more skits so it was harder to listen to straight through, but I think both the albums are the same in that it is great music, but not enough.

They should have combined the two, now that would have been a classic album for sure.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Wed 31 Mar 2010, 12:34 am

booerns wrote:
Well I'm glad there is another chalie boy fan then. Versatile Child I think is his best, but I can praise chalie some other time.

On the topic of wu-massacre, I think it is dope, but how is that album getting a lot of love and chamber music didn't? I remember everyone here claiming 8 diagrams to be better then chamber music, when every track on chamber music was a classic. You only get 8 tracks I know, and maybe it was because there were more skits so it was harder to listen to straight through, but I think both the albums are the same in that it is great music, but not enough.

They should have combined the two, now that would have been a classic album for sure.

for sure, and i liked the songs on Chamber Music more than 8 Diagrams
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Wed 31 Mar 2010, 12:35 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
booerns wrote:
Well I'm glad there is another chalie boy fan then. Versatile Child I think is his best, but I can praise chalie some other time.

On the topic of wu-massacre, I think it is dope, but how is that album getting a lot of love and chamber music didn't? I remember everyone here claiming 8 diagrams to be better then chamber music, when every track on chamber music was a classic. You only get 8 tracks I know, and maybe it was because there were more skits so it was harder to listen to straight through, but I think both the albums are the same in that it is great music, but not enough.

They should have combined the two, now that would have been a classic album for sure.

for sure, and i liked the songs on Chamber Music more than 8 Diagrams

Until the next half assed album they do next year, right?
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2232
Join date : 2009-05-26
Age : 41
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Wed 31 Mar 2010, 7:57 am

Chamber Music>Wu Massacre>anything by E40 in the last 5years.

I stopped checking for 40 after "Hall Of Game". His style just got old to me and if I want to hear his music, i'll just listen to "Federal", "The Mail Man", or "In A Major Way". I had "My Ghetto Report Card" and traded it for store credit. Just doesn't do it for me anymore.

In my opinion, Chamber Music had greater Highs than Massacre does but neither album has low points.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Wed 31 Mar 2010, 12:58 pm

Wu-Massacre was better than Chamber Music. An album that has more skits than songs doesn't get props from me no matter how dope the songs are.

I will agree that both are better than anything released by E-40.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Wed 31 Mar 2010, 1:01 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Wu-Massacre was better than Chamber Music. An album that has more skits than songs doesn't get props from me no matter how dope the songs are.

I will agree that both are better than anything released by E-40.

^^^Now that's spoken like a true E-40 hater. why would anyone care what you have to say about E-40 when you've said time and time again that you think he's wack? Hall of Game is better than both releases.

I agree that Wu Massacre is a better release than Chamber Music.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Thu 01 Apr 2010, 10:53 am

I've updated my list. And as of now, there is so much music to take in, and it's hard to give an accurate ranking until the dust settles so i have tiered the albums for now.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Thu 01 Apr 2010, 4:38 pm

WU Massacre is short and sweet. I still have a problem with how half assed they did it but at least the little music I got was good. These are vets in the game and they are allowed or get passes for small missteps. Look at how many classic joints they have given us over the years. If they were rookies in the game and this was there 1st album than I would have been a little mad.

Oh and

8 Diagrams>>>>>>Wu Massacre>>>>Chamber Music
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Thu 01 Apr 2010, 5:47 pm

KRob86 wrote:
8 Diagrams>>>>>>Wu Massacre>>>>Chamber Music

yep

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1989
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : South GA

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Sat 03 Apr 2010, 1:40 am

I updated my list with No Mixtape, Wu-Massacre & The Manifesto. Everytime I try to spin Dinner & A Movie I only get a few tracks in, but once I get through it I'm sure it will be towards the top.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Sun 04 Apr 2010, 11:54 pm

ForNever completely sucks outside of "The Problem Is...", "Cigarettes & Liquor" and the two tracks with Kurupt. Mad disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 05 Apr 2010, 12:23 am

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
ForNever completely sucks outside of "The Problem Is...", "Cigarettes & Liquor" and the two tracks with Kurupt. Mad disappointing.

hmm maybe since he plans on releasing so much stuff this year hes slacking in the quaity dept.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 05 Apr 2010, 9:19 am

Well, I'm not a huge 9th Wonder fan to be completely honest. Murs does his usual thing which I can normally get into, but this doesn't click for me, really. Especially "Asian Girl", which is the worst song I've listened to on purpose in a long ass time.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2232
Join date : 2009-05-26
Age : 41
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 05 Apr 2010, 12:52 pm

I adjusted and put Wu Massacre at #4 but may move it up to #3 soon over Statik. Looking forward to next week to get that Yu "Before Taxes" and EuloRhythmics "Green St. and Avers".
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 05 Apr 2010, 12:53 pm

Wu.Massacre.Is.Overrated.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 05 Apr 2010, 1:25 pm

Oh by the way - dessa fucking sucks... I heard her on a CD and she sucked so much I had to look her up to avoid her.. then I saw her eon people's top ten list? wow...
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1039
Join date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 05 Apr 2010, 1:51 pm

Updated my lists.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1989
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : South GA

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 05 Apr 2010, 3:10 pm

Updated my list with ATOP's Unholy Terror. Beats are fire on this, gotta listen to the rhymes more closely, but overall its really good.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 05 Apr 2010, 3:15 pm

Finally heard something new from this year; Dinner And A Movie. Dope album, but right now, it's behind 100 Proof and Stimulus Package.

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 05 Apr 2010, 4:06 pm

Shaun wrote:
Finally heard something new from this year; Dinner And A Movie. Dope album, but right now, it's behind 100 Proof and Stimulus Package.

Then I simply don't believe you've actually heard it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 05 Apr 2010, 4:33 pm

I have. I played it on Saturday, good sir. The CD is still in my computer.

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 05 Apr 2010, 5:44 pm

It's definitely better than Statik Selektah

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 11:37 am

SRP where'd you find that Amadeus The Stampede mixtape?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Thu 15 Apr 2010, 2:35 pm

Updated my list to include Murs and Little Brother

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Thu 15 Apr 2010, 3:16 pm

Updated list adding 40 Water and Wu Massacre.

Devin the Dude and Little Borther will be my next purchases.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2232
Join date : 2009-05-26
Age : 41
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Thu 15 Apr 2010, 4:26 pm

Updated to include Army Of The Pharoahs and Little Brother. Next time i update Lynch Hung may take the top spot away from Freeway.

On Deck on their way in the mail:

Yu "Before Taxes"
EuloRhythmics "Green St. & Avers"
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 19 Apr 2010, 10:54 am

Updated my list to include Chief Kamachi and Diabolic.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 41
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   Mon 19 Apr 2010, 2:41 pm

I'm way behind on 2010 shit, but here's what I've heard so far

Hip Hop

1. Big Boi - Lucious Left Foot...The Son of Chico Dusty
2. Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives
3. Dela - The Robert Glasper Beat Tape
4. Freeway & Jake One - The Stimulus Package
5. Panacea - 12 Step Program
6. The Roots - How I Got Over
7. DJ Khaled - Victory
8. Shad - TSOL
9. Rick Ross - Teflon Don
10. Drake - Thank Me Later
11. Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers
12. Damu The Fudgemunk - How It Should Sound Vol. 1 & 2
13. Reflection Eternal - Revolutions Per Minute
14. B.O.B. - The Adventures of Bobby Ray
15. Meth, Ghost, & Rae - Wu Massacre
16. Kurupt - Streetlights [Better than I expected..good listen]
17. Vinnie Paz - Season of the Assassin

Non Hip Hop

1. Janelle MonĂ¡e - The ArchAndroid
2. Delorean - Subiza
3. Corrine Bailey Rae - The Sea
4. Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part 2: Return of the Ankh
5. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
6. Flobots - Survival Story (some may consider this hip hop...I don't)
7. Dutch - A Bright Cold Day
8. Travie McCoy - Lazarus (See: Flobots)
9. Yahzarah - The Ballad of Purple St. James
10. Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma (See: Travie McCoy)


Last edited by Norfeest on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 12:50 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION   

Back to top Go down
 
OFFICIAL 2010 TOP ALBUM LISTS AND DISCUSSION
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Third Day album coming Oct. 19
» New Tourniquet Album Update!!
» Scandinavian Metal Praise
» Darkwater - New Album Update
» Fades Away - New Album!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: