Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your least favorite album in your collection

Go down 
+14
booerns
Laced With Slang
Shaun
D.Powell
TheHazardous
Justin Linker
parker lewis
Alan
Cold Loungin
3Kingz
Dwight
T. Myers
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
E. Taylor
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 12:14 pm

Kane and Abel - The Last Ones Left...cant remember the last time i even thought about reaching for it, its definitely up there among my least favorites
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 4:17 pm

When I first start getting into more underground type stuff I ended up really ended def jux, and through that ended up with a Hangar 18 cd. Hangar 18 sucks and I dont remember the name of the cd but it is awful
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 4:57 pm

Juvenile - Project English
Buck 65 - Talkin Honky Blues
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 9:56 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
As for Pounds. Hate all you want on Em but Eyedea ain't fuckin with him in any way, shape, or form. You're the only person on this forum that disagrees based on both your hatred for Em and your allegiance to Minnesota hip-hop.

I kindly disagree. If you've seen both of them battle, you'd have to say Eyedea would shred Em to pieces...objectively.

Also, did I not just completely bash a most MN hip-hop in my initial post? Not sure if you caught that...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 10:08 pm

I must have missed that but I don't agree at all. I wasn't all that impressed with what I heard of Eyedea on wax, maybe he's better at battling than on wax because some MC's are like that (Cassidy being a good example) but I still rate Em over him by 100,000 football fields.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 10:39 pm

I have to agree with KJ, Eyedea is not even in the same league as Eminem when it comes to emcees. But we've had this conversation before. I think it's clear that for whatever reason Pounds loves Eyedea and hates Eminem, but the general consensus is the opposite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 11:57 pm

I like both mc's, I've seen both battle, and Eminem would shred Eyedea to pieces. Eminem is a far better mc than Eyedea, objectively, and I have no clue why Al would hate a clearly dope mc so much when he's generally fairly open-minded.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:00 am

I don't love Eyedea. His last 4 projects were trash IMO. I like First Born and E&A. And I never cared about the "general consensus" anyway. I was just giving my take.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:02 am

Last 4 projects? By The Throat, that Carosel shit, and that Facecandy shit...what else are you referring to?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:02 am

N3R0 wrote:
I like both mc's, I've seen both battle, and Eminem would shred Eyedea to pieces. Eminem is a far better mc than Eyedea, objectively, and I have no clue why Al would hate a clearly dope mc so much when he's generally fairly open-minded.

I don't agree. And what? I can't dislike an emcee without hurting feelings?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:04 am

There were 2 Carbon Carousel CDs to my knowledge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:14 am

Nah, man I just think that anybody that sees Eyedea as a better mc has some obvious bias involved bro. I really enjoy Eyedea as an mc, but I'd never put him in a top 10 list, whereas most hip hop heads would say Em deserves a top 10 mention even if they wouldn't put him there. I've never read where you could even acknowledge his work as a mc strictly from a technical standpoint. I'm not offended, that's your opinion you're entitled to it even if it's wrong. Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 2:44 am

Anyone who doesn't think Eyedea can come off the top needs to watch this.

"I know that the fact is my moustache is dirty, but I'm 20, but with this chicks think that I'm 30" haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 2:46 am

That's not even a dope line you drunk bastard.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:08 am

smh. I'm not drunk. And I thought it was funny because of what Slug said right before.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:09 am

Oh, I have you money, too. Get on that chatbox
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:57 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Nah, man I just think that anybody that sees Eyedea as a better mc has some obvious bias involved bro. I really enjoy Eyedea as an mc, but I'd never put him in a top 10 list, whereas most hip hop heads would say Em deserves a top 10 mention even if they wouldn't put him there. I've never read where you could even acknowledge his work as a mc strictly from a technical standpoint. I'm not offended, that's your opinion you're entitled to it even if it's wrong. Big Grin

I have, but I don't bring it up that much. I bought The Slim Shady LP soon after it was released, and bought the Marshall Mathers LP the day it dropped because I dug SSLP. So I did dig his shit at one time. I used to listen to rap metal too. Eminem left my stereo along with those bands. To be honest, I was never feeling the MMLP....at all. That's when the light bulb went off in my head. I always felt Em was a sellout after hearing it. Glad to hear I'm entitled to my own opinion though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 8:26 pm

The MMLP is a stone cold classic IMO. It was his most personal album and he kept it 100% real throughout, even on the commercial tracks. Which is why I like it best.

I don't see how he "sold out" on that album at all. The SSLP contains just as many commercial tracks. Probably more hardcore tracks, but just as many commercial ones.

Personally, I'm a guy who can appreciate hardcore, grimy, dark tracks as well as commercial shit just as long as all your shit isn't commercial. I like both albums, but I prefer the MMLP because of tracks like Stan, The Way I Am, and Marshall Mathers.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 8:28 pm

You're fighting a losing battle here KJ. There's no rhyme or reason as to why Pounds feels the way he does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 8:44 pm

T. Myers wrote:
You're fighting a losing battle here KJ. There's no rhyme or reason as to why Pounds feels the way he does.

I wasn't trying to sway Pounds in any certain direction. I'm just speaking my mind.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 8:48 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
The MMLP is a stone cold classic IMO. It was his most personal album and he kept it 100% real throughout, even on the commercial tracks. Which is why I like it best.

I don't see how he "sold out" on that album at all. The SSLP contains just as many commercial tracks. Probably more hardcore tracks, but just as many commercial ones.

Personally, I'm a guy who can appreciate hardcore, grimy, dark tracks as well as commercial shit just as long as all your shit isn't commercial. I like both albums, but I prefer the MMLP because of tracks like Stan, The Way I Am, and Marshall Mathers.

You're right. I never listen to SSLP either. lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 8:49 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Exactly. It's like me trying to explain to KJ what's worthwhile about Blue Scholars. It ain't happening.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 8:50 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I wasn't trying to sway Pounds in any certain direction. I'm just speaking my mind.

I know man, but some things just ain't worth saying. Pounds opinion is what it is.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 8:55 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Exactly. It's like me trying to explain to KJ what's worthwhile about Blue Scholars. It ain't happening.

I don't understand how someone can heavily praise Gangstarr and then basically shit on Blue Scholars. now, i'm not saying that they're on the same level as Gangstarr(because they are not), but the formula is very similar IMO. Both groups consist of a producer who carries the duo, but both producers have very good chemistry with the mc. I'm not a huge Geo or Guru fan, but they are both good vehicle's for the producer's beats. I personally feel them more with their other acts like Jeru The Damaja and Common Market, but they are still solid to dope on their origianl incarnation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 9:00 pm

I actually think Guru is doper than he gets credit for. He's not an elite MC, but he does drop dopeness and thought provoking rhymes. Moment Of Truth is where he shined the brightest lyrically IMO.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 2:00 am

Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 516tlEsvuML._SS500_

Awful. Just plain awful...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 10:06 am

You couldn't tell by the cover???
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 2:10 pm

Modern Fix sent it to me. I figured since it was free, why not give it a spin, right? Bad idea... lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 7:27 pm

PMD's "Business Is Business".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010, 3:42 am

I didn't really like Blazing Arrow either, and I still have it in my collection. I'll have to revisit it to see if I feel the same about it. Sometimes I find a cd that's wack and I won't listen to it forever, then I'll pick it up and think it's dope later. Time will tell.

Anyway, I have some CDs that are so wack that the local cd trading store won't even take them:

Johnathan Toth from Hoth - The art of Brainwashing (don't ask why I even have this in my collection, because I don't even know)

Questionmark Assylum- (I don't remember the title)

I have a few more, but these two stand out when it comes to remembering wackness.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010, 3:46 am

Nobody knows what either of those albums are.... lol
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010, 5:45 am

Why do you keep trashing that Questionmark Asylum? half of that disc is badass.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010, 10:36 am

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:

Badass? I must have missed something there. Though admittedly, there is some decent material. Overall, like a 3 star album though.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010, 6:03 pm

You miss alot kuzzo, example being the whole funk genre.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010, 7:06 pm

What does that have to do with Question Mark Asylum's mediocre album? So I take it you know every genre of music under the sun? Tell me about the Country, Blues, Electronica and Progressive Rock you like. And if you feel like it, Grunge, Punk, Alternative Rock, Folk & Jazz. I dig them all. Or did you miss out on some of these?

BTW, I do own the Question Mark Asylum album.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010, 5:01 am

Let's see I like a few country artists Willie Nelson, Johny Cash, Brooks & Dunn a few others. Blues: Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter. Electronica... well you might have me there, is that like Paul Oakenfold? Prog Rock: Pink Floyd, Mothers Of Invention, I'd need some examples of newer bands, but there's probably a few I listen to. Grunge/Alt Rock: not much besides the obvious Nirvana, Bush, Lit, Blind Melon, Live etc. unless you count Reggae Rock bands like Sublime as Alt Rock, then I could go on for hours of all the underground bands I dig. Punk: way too many to name, I'm a fan of the Op Ivy, Rancid, Clash style not hardcore like GG Allin or shit like that. Folk: not really, a few Bob Dylan cuts & Celtic bands. Jazz: never been the biggest fan of pure Jazz, but a lot of the offshoots it inspired are cool. That Q is funky man, that dude doing the fool with his duhnatanahs on his head in the Hey Lookaway video used to get lots of play on Rapcity back in '95, as big of a fan as you are of Fresh Prince, I thought you would respect "fun" rap more than most.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010, 11:09 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:

I did find it very wack at the time. Sometimes, I think it might be one of those cds I have to revisit again (like Blazing Arrow). I remember a lot of their lyrics being "off". They sounded lame to me. Maybe I wasn't feeling it when I listened to it at that time. I guess I'll give it another spin. Maybe I was trippin' that day or what, who knows. Maybe I'll do a review if I could get through the whole thing again.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 8:09 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Let's see I like a few country artists Willie Nelson, Johny Cash, Brooks & Dunn a few others. Blues: Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter. Electronica... well you might have me there, is that like Paul Oakenfold? Prog Rock: Pink Floyd, Mothers Of Invention, I'd need some examples of newer bands, but there's probably a few I listen to. Grunge/Alt Rock: not much besides the obvious Nirvana, Bush, Lit, Blind Melon, Live etc. unless you count Reggae Rock bands like Sublime as Alt Rock, then I could go on for hours of all the underground bands I dig. Punk: way too many to name, I'm a fan of the Op Ivy, Rancid, Clash style not hardcore like GG Allin or shit like that. Folk: not really, a few Bob Dylan cuts & Celtic bands. Jazz: never been the biggest fan of pure Jazz, but a lot of the offshoots it inspired are cool. That Q is funky man, that dude doing the fool with his duhnatanahs on his head in the Hey Lookaway video used to get lots of play on Rapcity back in '95, as big of a fan as you are of Fresh Prince, I thought you would respect "fun" rap more than most.

Glad to hear you're more open minded than I would have otherwise thought. But to put it plainly, I grew up on those aforementioned genres instead of hip-hop, funk & R&B....let's call it urban, cause I just got into pure jazz a few years ago myself...and own nearly 100 jazz albums...similar to the funk path I am taking. I have hundreds of prog rock/punk/alt rock/electronica....etc., CDs...I've dug deep into those genres. I honestly wouldn't have chosen another path in retrospect. One has no choice but to miss some sort of music even if you grew up buying (a lot of) it and listening to it from any early age like me (and you, from what it sounds like).

And to answer your question, the album does have a fun vibe which I like. But nothing to me really stood out about the album. Maybe I'll give it another spin some time now that I see it in a bit different light.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 7:53 pm

Ya, I think you'ld like it more, now that you've been getting in to the Funk, especially their version of the Bootsy Collins track.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 8:45 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:

Agreed.

Not too many talk about that album (maybe with good reason, I don't know...), but I think it's at least a 3.5 star album.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 9:55 pm

LL Cool J - Definition is the least favorite in my collection. Damn. What was I thinking when I bought that?? Maybe because the album cover reminded me a little of BAD.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 8:24 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Ya, I think you'ld like it more, now that you've been getting in to the Funk, especially their version of the Bootsy Collins track.

I didn't even know Bootsy Collins was on there....

I just bought his 1977 album "Ahh...The Name Is Bootsy, Baby!". I'll have to dig that QA cassette up...lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite album in your collection   Your least favorite album in your collection - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your least favorite album in your collection
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2