Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ras Kass Wants Your Money

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Ras Kass Wants Your Money Empty
PostSubject: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 11:38 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/raskass/ras-kass-untitled-project-2010-limited-cd-and-vin-0

Ras is asking his fans to help support his new album by donating money to fund the project. Donators will recieve the new album as well as "prizes" (I think determined by how much you donate, but that's not specified.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 2:41 pm

Yep, Ras Kass is too inconsistent for me to pledge. But this is pathectic. Daam, The Game must be laughing his ass off. Hmmmmm, I see a comic strip coming up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 2:45 pm

Chuck D has been pushing this system of music making for a while.

I like the idea, but unless he gets the amount of money he wants and he decides to make the album you are ass out of luck.

The prizes are clearly stated on the web page. 15 gets you a physical copy of the album.

1000 gets you some shirts, autographs, and a phone call from Ras Kass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 3:49 pm

This is laughable! He wants people to pay for him to make an album???? C'Mon Son! GTFOH with that bullshit. Ultimately you have to pay 15 bucks for that bullshit anyway and it might not even be dope.

And 1000 for novelty shit and a phone call? This clown must not realize that we're in a recession! I got two words for Ras Kass: EPIC FAIL!!!

I co-sign Trotter, Game is laughing his fucking ass off provided he's heard this story, and I am too.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 4:28 pm

this is kind of pathetic, but if donating 15 bucks gives me a new Ras Kass album i would pay that in a store anyway...not saying im gonna donate but look at it like this:

if enough people donate he might actually be able to get good producers to finally give him great beats, so not only will i pay for the album you would maybe indirectly be paying for a better quality album all in the same pop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 4:46 pm

well considering his goal is to raise 3800 dollars I wouldn't expect Dr. Dre on the beats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 5:43 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
well considering his goal is to raise 3800 dollars I wouldn't expect Dr. Dre on the beats.

LMAO! And is that really all he is trying to raise? I smell bullshit. He must got beats from a lot of local unknown cats because that amount may only pay for semi quality studio time and a decent mix down.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 6:01 pm

You can make a great album on a small budget if you know what you're doing, but I don't trust Ras Kass to know what he's doing. He needs a good executive producer.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:52 pm

He already has $831 dollars at this point, and it's only been 1 day. So, imagine how much money he can accumulate in 60 days. I was thinking about donating the $15. At least I get a free CD out of it. Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 11:38 pm

I plan on giving $15, if only to re-sell the shit on ebay later.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 3:18 pm

"I plan on giving $15, if only to re-sell the shit on ebay later."

LOL!! I'll give my $15 sometime this weekend. He has over $1700 already. He raised $1000 since yesterday, and there are about 58 days left.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 5:11 pm

I know Megalon would work wonders with a 3800 budget
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 12:39 pm

he's more than exceeded his budget, and I've donated my money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010, 1:09 am

Ras posted a video today saying the project was mostly done, that he's just waiting on some features. But the money itself is strictly for the people that want a physical copy, so all of the money is going directly to the pressing of the cd's and vinyl.

Also, features are supposed to include Alchemist (!!!!, home sweet home beef is over??), Pete Rock, and a few others. Those are the only two I remember cuz I was really stoked when I heard them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010, 1:15 am

Ras Kass said he is just waiting for his beat from N3ro and hopes N3ro doesn't punk out like he did with the beat battle.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 11:02 am

LOL!! Apparently, Mr. Porter also is going to get some production credit on the album. Also, Sean Price and Xzibit will make an appearance. Sucks that Ras went through all of that legal bullshit and is just now putting out his 3rd full length. Van Gogh doesn't count since it was never released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 6:46 pm

Well what was Eat or Die?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 6:47 pm

"HH4L Forum KeyStyle Champion - 2008 to Present

Victims:
ASScenShaun"

smhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You got wrecked, and you knowz it.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 7:28 pm

"Well what was Eat or Die?"

Mixtape Compilation basically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ras Kass Wants Your Money   Ras Kass Wants Your Money Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ras Kass Wants Your Money
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: