Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2   Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 9:47 am

This is one of my favorite years years due to the abundance of dopeness, and also it was one of the first years i can remember clearly. Today's year is 1992 I've also added Buggin's Listmania just in case people need a refresher.

http://www.amazon.com/Top-Hip-Hop-of-1992-According-to-Buggin-Out/lm/R1AYAZH29VLDDA/ref=cm_lm_byauthor_title_full
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2   Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 11:33 am

My personal top 5 of 1992:

Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth - Mecca and the Soul Brother (all time favorite as well)
Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
Diamond & Psychotic Neurotics - Stunts, Blunts & Hip-Hop
Gang Starr - Daily Operation
Beastie Boys - Check Your Head

In that order...

Also, Arrested Development, MC Serch, & Das EFX debuts make it that much better. And Heavy D also dropped his best work ever that year IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2   Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 12:40 pm

1992 is top 3 of my fav yrs easily. This was one of the yrs that made me a true stan of Rap-A-Lot and once again was the introduction to so many different artists and their debut classic album.

This is also the year I first moved to Geogria in August of 1992. So a lot of these tapes kept me sane so that is why i'm so attached to so many albums from this year. 1992 was also the year of the west coast take over, I mean albums was dropping from every corner of California and making noise. I think that is one of the reasons the west coast is up there with me. I was buying more tapes during this time and all the real good music to me was coming from the left coast.

10 of my fav's from this year:
South Park Psycho
House Of Pain
Bitch Betta Have My Money
Paid The Cost
The Predator
Spice 1
Way 2 Fonky
The Chronic
Whut? Thee Album
Goin Out Like A Soldier
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2   Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 4:38 pm

1992 was another great year in hip-hop music and culture...

just to name a few from that year would be:

BDP-Sex And Violence(the last album under the BDP name...5 stars IN MY OPINION)

EPMD-Business Never Personal

Diamond D-Stunts,Blunts and Hip-Hop

G Rap-Live And Let Die

Rakim-Don't Sweat The Technique

Pete Rock And CL Smooth-Mecca And The Soul Brother (a top ten album of all-time in most hip-hop circles)

Dr.Dre-The Chronic (another top 10 album in most circles..also the start of Snoop Dogg)

Showbiz And A.G.-Runaway Slave

Gangstarr-Daily Operation(another top ten album in many hip-hop circles)

The Pharcyde-Bizarre Ride(another top ten album according to many hip-hop heads)

Heavy D And The Boyz-Blue Funk(A personal classic and Hev's finest effort IN MY OPINION)

Grand Puba-Reel To Reel(another personal classic for me..a completely bangin effort)

Beastie Boys-Check Your Head

Arrested Development-3 Years,5 months In The Life Of

Wreckx-N-Effect-Hard Or Smooth(another personal classic for me...Teddy Riley killed this one)

X-Clan-X-Odus(another personal classic from the Clan)

Common Sense-Can I Borrow A Dollar(Common's debut)

Das EFX-Dead Serious(a bangin CLASSIC from them)

Redman-Whut Thee Album(his debut and his best effort IN MY OPINION..a classic easily)

just a few of the incredible efforts from that great year....1992 was right in the midst of the second golden age of hip-hop...just bangin hip-hop baby bubba!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2   Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 5:57 pm

I don't know what more I can say that Powell didn't already cover. 1992 is probably among my Top 5 years in hip-hop history.

However, I disagree with Blue Funk being Heavy D's best album. That honor goes to Peaceful Journey IMO. I'll also add that the Fu-Schnickens debut "FU Don't Take It Personal" is a personal classic for me and an album that I bump to this day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2   Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 7:24 pm

Everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head regarding 92. Great year for me also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2   Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hip Hop's Defining Years Day 2
Page 1 of 1