Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on blacklisting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

Thoughts on blacklisting Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on blacklisting   Thoughts on blacklisting Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 2:08 am

So, I was gonna see Capleton & Cocoa Tea last week, but the venue got pressure from gay groups to cancel the show. Shows have also been cancelled in Oakland, San Diego & Humboldt, beyond that I don't know. I know most of you have at least heard Wings Of The Morning w/Method Man, Capleton is apparantly advocating the murder of gays...I guess I haven't heard that song. I don't really want to turn this in to a freedom of speech rant, I was just bummed not to be able to see the show. Just wondering if anybody has heard of this kind of thing happening to other acts besides white power groups or acts of that nature.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on blacklisting   Thoughts on blacklisting Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 11:28 am

Ive heard this kinda bad press about Reggae shows..never happened to any shows ive been to.....alot of the singers are perceived to be womanizers/players..and ive heard of the anti-gay stuff too..so,really no surprise with the dancehall scene...

Ive seen skinheads yell out the N bomb at metal shows(black dudes in band/crowd)..dont get it twisted though..metal shows offer a very diverse crowd-skinheads,stoners,blacks,whites,latinos,wiggers,posers,goth,emo,etc. etc.

Marilyn Manson was booted off the Ozzfest for one stop in Colorado because of radical right wing christian groups.....
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on blacklisting   Thoughts on blacklisting Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 10:23 pm

"Marilyn Manson was booted off the Ozzfest for one stop in Colorado because of radical right wing christian groups....."
It's fucking Ozzfest, the show named after a guy who bit the head off a bat. It's not like they were going to see this show anyway.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on blacklisting   Thoughts on blacklisting Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010, 2:19 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
"Marilyn Manson was booted off the Ozzfest for one stop in Colorado because of radical right wing christian groups....."
It's fucking Ozzfest, the show named after a guy who bit the head off a bat. It's not like they were going to see this show anyway.

he was an easy target for them..simple.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on blacklisting   Thoughts on blacklisting Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010, 9:54 pm

Puritanical Simpletons
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on blacklisting   Thoughts on blacklisting Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 4:13 pm

Well Reggea singers and Jamaica don't speak to highly of gays. Call them batty boys
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on blacklisting   Thoughts on blacklisting Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 4:40 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Puritanical Simpletons

Agreed...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on blacklisting   Thoughts on blacklisting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on blacklisting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: