Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Empty
PostSubject: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 9:13 am

I mean really....

I remember when if a rapper did not like what you were doing they would say something whether it was perceived as hatin or not. For example Tim Dog did not like the direction the west coast was taking rap so he str8 up said "Fuck Compton" or when Roxanne Shante dissed JJ Fad because she thought they were wack. Even Pastor Troy came out the gate dissing Master P when that could have backfired on him big time.

Now we have rappers that act like they are scared to call someone out str8 up. You get all these sneak disses or general statments now. Its like they are scared to burn bridges or what I really think to be branded "haters". But hating was a good thing for hip hop imo, because it kept shit in check. I remember when Kid N Play and Salt N Pepa said some things about 2 Live Crew/Luke and cared less how it looked. But Meth said something about Wacka Floka and now all of sudden I heard he apologized. What!?!

Hatin has killed realness.....What you think?

Last edited by KRob86 on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 10:01 am

I agree to a certain degree, but this really only applies to mainstream rappers IMO because underground heads (and even on the cusp groups like Slaughterhouse, who make a habit out of dissing mc's they don't like regularly on their Twitter accounts) really don't seem to give a shit who they piss off because they know how to get their money regardless. Only a guy like Method Man (who apparently thinks he shares fans with Wacka Floka?) apologizes for these kinds of statements. Ghostface said FAR more ignorant shit and never apologized(about the south and his fans!!!), KRS and Nas both say stupid shit about other rappers on a semi-annual basis and don't really get called out for it. So I guess it's just certain people? Or maybe it's publicists, who knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 11:04 am

Naw man its the fact that I know Snoop does not really like Soulja Boy's music but will do a track with him. Because he wants to keep it "real" or "100". This would not have happened in the day. Do you think The Geto Boys or NWA would have done a trk with Kid N Play? Hell naw.

I know hatin does exist and its a thin line between being opinionated and hating to an extent. But if a rapper really does not like another perons style fuck'em diss they ass. Like that song Masta Ace and Ed OG did "A Lil Young" I can tell they really wanted to go harder than that. But I bet they did not want to come off as hatin. Can only imagine what some of these rappers really think about their peers behind closed doors. Then get on camera with them and act like they feel'em...really? This is one of the many cancers attacking the integrity of hip hop imo.

Last edited by KRob86 on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 11:48 am

What? Snoop likes Soulja Boy's music but will do a track with him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 12:11 pm

Typo asshople. I mean asshole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 12:17 pm

I was actually being serious. So you meant he doesn't like Soulja Boy's music?

Do you know that?

Kanye is letting Soulja Boy produce three songs on Good Ass Job, and Kanye is producing a few tracks on The Deandre Way. Do you think Kanye doesn't like his music either? Your boy Scarface said he likes Soulja Boy's music, was he lying?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 1:32 pm

N3R0 wrote:
I was actually being serious. So you meant he doesn't like Soulja Boy's music?

Do you know that?

Kanye is letting Soulja Boy produce three songs on Good Ass Job, and Kanye is producing a few tracks on The Deandre Way. Do you think Kanye doesn't like his music either? Your boy Scarface said he likes Soulja Boy's music, was he lying?

Sometimes Face just rambles and if you really paid attention he just respects Soulja Boys hustle. He gives him props for backdooring the game thru the internet. I can see Kanye respecting Soulja Boy also for his hustle. You best believe it is not because of his skills. You see Ye is not rapping with his though right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 1:48 pm

I bet Ye appears vocally with SB at some point. And again, you never proved your point about Snoop not liking SB's music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 1:55 pm

I'm not trying to prove it, I already feel that way about it. I'm just expressing my thoughts not trying to prove shit. You are just running out of shit to say so you wanna take it back to the elementary playground when a child gets served and says..well well you're still a boo boo head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 3:00 pm

I don't think it's killed the realness. In fact, I don't think most rappers keep it real enough.

I respect cats that aren't scared to speak their mind and will be honest if they think an artist is wack. I think a lot of MC's nowadays are afraid to publicly diss someone even when they don't like them because they don't want the potential media backlash.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 5:43 pm

The whole shit is gay. Everyone is afraid or too sensitive to let their nuts hang. Girly ass punks.

SB and Ye iz hoez...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 7:28 pm

I've stated we should have a funeral for the word Hater. And we should have one for the word hatin'.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 8:36 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
The whole shit is gay. Everyone is afraid or too sensitive to let their nuts hang. Girly ass punks.

SB and Ye iz hoez...

LMAO...

Really though, hip-hop has gotten to huge to actually care about some insignificant diss. Back in the day you'd get the spotlight. Now it's just played out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 1:13 am

KJ Styles wrote:
I don't think it's killed the realness. In fact, I don't think most rappers keep it real enough.

I respect cats that aren't scared to speak their mind and will be honest if they think an artist is wack. I think a lot of MC's nowadays are afraid to publicly diss someone even when they don't like them because they don't want the potential media backlash.

That's exactly what Kev was saying?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 1:15 am

KRob86 wrote:
I'm not trying to prove it, I already feel that way about it. I'm just expressing my thoughts not trying to prove shit. You are just running out of shit to say so you wanna take it back to the elementary playground when a child gets served and says..well well you're still a boo boo head.

Are you joking? I'm saying I had a point and you neglected to counter it. Your comeback was some bullshit about Haystak. You said that Snoop doesn't like SB's music, and I asked where you got that from? How is that being a child? You're entitled to your opinion, but if you're going to openly state it on a public forum, you might want to be able to back it up, especially if you open the talk for debate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?   Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has the word "Hatin'" killed the realness in Rap?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: