Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Empty
PostSubject: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 4:18 am

Guru's condition has been on the minds of fans, friends and family members but news has been somewhat difficult to get. As news comes in, HipHopDX has kept you up to date. However, this morning, Guru's nephew Justin Nicholas Elam-Ruff decided he would release a video about the situation from his perspective, speaking on his family's inability to get information on Guru's health status and adding that Solar, Guru's friend and producer, does not have Guru's best interest in mind through this ordeal.

“[Solar] has primary control over the decisions made for Guru's health in the hospital. Now, the last I checked, it was the family's right to have a say in what goes on in a hospital when a family member falls ill. For some reason, it doesn't apply in this case," he adds.

"After Guru fell ill, for reasons I will not disclose, he was checked into a New York Hospital, Tuesday, February 2, 2010. Guru's family was not notified of this until Friday, February 16, 2010. That means that two weeks went by before my family was notified by Solar that Guru was in the hospital.”

He recounts that family members wanted to fly to New York
to see Guru but that Solar advised them not to visit because Guru did not wish to be seen in that state. A week later, he says family members flew to New York and found that Guru was in cardiac arrest and that he was in a coma. He says Guru's sister and brother thought about changing paperwork to gain control over decisions on behalf of Guru, but "they never acted on it."

"A couple of days after Guru's siblings visited him, word got out to the public," he adds. "Since the information leaked, Solar has completely cut us off. My family has no way of knowing what is going on with Guru's situation. Solar has complete control over the flow of information given form the hospital and will not disclose any information with us. The doctors and the staff will not discuss any information with Guru's family."

"In order for the family to change the situation, we would have to hire a lawyer to take this to court and it would be sorted out over a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, we do not have a couple of weeks."

He went on to say that Solar does not have Guru's best interest in mind, saying he is "shocked" by Solar's recent actions.

"I know that Solar has been his right hand man, day in and day out for the last six years, but that does not give him the right to make decisions on whether or not his family gets to see Guru or learn about his status. The fact that he is acting like this lets me know that he does not have his best interest in mind. It is a control thing with Solar."

He adds that family members have tried to reach Solar, adding that he only responded to a text from Justin by saying Justin's mother was responsible for this:

"Trish [Justin's mother] started this! Guru would never have told her he was in the hospital. This is horrible what she did! Now I need to care for Guru. Peace."

Justin continued that Solar doesn't understand how this is affecting Guru's family.

"Guru has always been there for me, since I was a little boy. Whenever I reached out to him, he has always had my back. He has exerted his time and energy to teach me countless lessons on the ways of the world, schooling me like the wise professor that he is," he added. "What Solar doesn't understand is that Guru is a part of who I am."

He maintained that he has always been present in his life, despite any issues with other members of the family and that this issue "affects [Justin] to the core."

He said he is releasing this video so that others can know what is going on behind this tragic ordeal. He added that he hopes the video is placed in the right hands.

"I do not trust Solar. There are many reasons why I know he is a very manipulative person and has been so with Guru throughout the course of their relationship. Many people can attest to that. I will not discuss, address those people nor the situations, since this isn't the time to do so."

"This statement was completely written by me," he said.

The video, with the full letter from Justin, is below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

smhhhh at punk ass Solar...fukkin bitch ass niggaaaa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 4:31 am

That's jacked up. It makes me wonder if the family is shady, or whether Solar is. Honestly, I think the later is most likely the case.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 1:18 pm

the family should take the legal route, the sooner the better
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 1:43 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
the family should take the legal route, the sooner the better

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 10:38 pm

fuck Solar..die bitch..
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 2:44 am

Could Solar be Guru's lover?
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 2:46 am

smhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 3:40 am

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Could Solar be Guru's lover?

You know, a few years ago, I might have lashed out at such a suggestion, but anything is possible nowadays and always has been, really. Shaking My Head

It'd go against a lot of what he says on his albums, though...
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 10:58 pm

"Could Solar be Guru's lover?"

I won't lie that same thought passed through my head but the man was unconscious so until the paperwork comes out I'm going to leave that as gossipy speculation.

Is Solar his manager because I wonder how one dude got so much power and he isn't even related.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 11:07 pm

Solar is Guru's new producer. Awhile back, Guru proclaimed that he and Solar were "The New Gang Starr" in multiple interviews, talking about how he would never go back with Primo. Solar is very controlling however, and after watching old interview videos (check youtube, hiphopsite, hiphopdx, allhiphop, etc etc etc) the two are...awkwardly close at points. I don't know if it's just looking too far into things or whatever, but it does come off as very fucking weird if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 1:09 am

New Gang Star, my ass!

No PRIMO, no Gang Starr.

Ru must've really been sippin the sauce with this dude.
Did he and Preem have a falling out or something?

Maybe Solar got some type of mancrush or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 1:18 am

Sipping the man sauce, maybe. And Guru GAVE Solar all that power and shit, so it's on Guru, too. People wanna act like he didn't allow this guy into his life.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 10:33 pm

Who da hell is buying Guru and Solar albums anyway?
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 10:42 pm

From the statement, it seems like Solar has power of attorney, something Guru would have had to give, so maybe there is a reason he didn't want his family to be making these decision. We don't know all the details. If they have an issue with his care, and they have real legal standing, they should be taking it to court, not to the internet.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 11:43 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Who da hell is buying Guru and Solar albums anyway?

LMAO....good point...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar   Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guru's Nephew Speaks On Guru's Health and Solar
Page 1 of 1