Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How are these albums now vol. 2

Go down 
+3
Cory
Shaun
E. Taylor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

How are these albums now vol.  2 Empty
PostSubject: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 6:40 pm

Here's another group of albums from the last year or two that we've had time to properly judge. How are these albums doing with age:

Raekwon "OB4CL 2"-4.5...still bumps.

Almighty "Original Sin"-4.5...Still think this album deserves more credit than it gets. One of my fav's from 08

EMC "The Show"-3.75...ehhh, this one has kind of dropped for me. A good album but a tad overhyped.

Cormega "Born & Raised"-n/a...can't believe i still haven't heard this.

La Coka Nostra "A Brand you Can Trust"-4.0...Good album, nothing classic.

Ill Bill "Hour of Reprisal"-4.25...I need to be in a angry mood to listen to this, but when i throw it on it still does it for me.

Reks "Grey Hairs"-4.25...Still great, could have been a classic if he had cut about 6 tracks.

KRSOne/Buckshot "Survival Skills"-4.0...Actually, i need to revisit this one.

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"-3.5...For me it's a dissapointment. Beats were dope for the most part.

Slaughterhouse "Self-titled"-4.25...Was my album of the year at one point. It's fell off a little, not much. Still love it.

Brother Ali "Truth is Here"-4.5...Actually like this better than "Us" and that's not a shot. I've got "Us at a 4.25.

Dela "Changes of Atmosphere"-4.25...A couple of tracks i don't care for but most of it is dope.

Tanya Morgan "Brooklynatti"-4.5...Was my album of the year til i heard "In The Ruff"

Elzhi "The Preface"-4.0...Another one that's dropped just a hair.

K-Rino "Blood Doctrine"-4.25...Had only heard "No Mercy" and it didn't blow me away at all. This album changed my mind.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 6:45 pm

Raekwon "OB4CL 2"- 3.75ish. I need to revisit, though

Almighty "Original Sin"- 4.5

EMC "The Show"-4.5, really like this one, still

Cormega "Born & Raised"- 4.75. Get It In is out of place on that album, change the way that track sounds, and it's 5 stars, IMO

La Coka Nostra "A Brand you Can Trust"- 4.25, still

Ill Bill "Hour of Reprisal"- 4.25ish

Reks "Grey Hairs"-4.5. I just listened to this the other day, still love it.

KRSOne/Buckshot "Survival Skills"- Still sits around 4 for me

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"- 3.75ish

Slaughterhouse "Self-titled"- 4.5, still. My number 6 of last year

Brother Ali "Truth is Here"- N/A
Dela "Changes of Atmosphere"- N/A Sad

Tanya Morgan "Brooklynatti"- 4ish stars

Elzhi "The Preface"- Personal classic, to me, although "Colors" and "Hand's Up" are a little weak, IMO

K-Rino "Blood Doctrine"-5 stars to me
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 9:12 pm

E. Taylor wrote:

Raekwon "OB4CL 2"- 4.5 stars then and now, still dope and i seen him do this album live, fucking awesome

EMC "The Show"- 4.5 Stars before, 4 stars now.

La Coka Nostra "A Brand you Can Trust"- 4.5 stars before, 5 stars now. personal classic

Ill Bill "Hour of Reprisal"- 3.5 stars before, 4.5 stars now. this one grew on me a lot

Reks "Grey Hairs"- 4.5 stars before, 3.5 now. lots of classic tracks but to much filler

KRSOne/Buckshot "Survival Skills"- 3.5 stars before and about the same now

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"-3 stars but i only played this once so maybe it should be less

Slaughterhouse "Self-titled"- 3.5 stars before and the same today. overrated.

Brother Ali "Truth is Here"- 3.5 stars but i have not played it in a while.

Tanya Morgan "Brooklynatti"-4.5 stars before, 4 stars now

K-Rino "Blood Doctrine"- 3.5 stars before, got boring and is at a 3 star now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 12:28 am

Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 is still 4.5 stars for me, definitely the best album of 2009. Slaughterhouse is also 4.5 stars also. I'm "on the fence" about buying Cormega's album, and the EMC and KRS-One/Buckshot albums have not made their way into my collecton just yet.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 12:35 am

"I'm "on the fence" about buying Cormega's album"
Shaking My Head

Typical Nas fan...
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 10:48 am

Most have stayed at the same rating I'd have given them when they came out

Raekwon "OB4CL 2" - 4 (Dropped a little)

EMC "The Show" - 3.5

Cormega "Born & Raised" - 3

La Coka Nostra "A Brand you Can Trust "- 3.5

Ill Bill "Hour of Reprisal" - 3.5

Reks "Grey Hairs" - 4 (I agree that it would be much better if it were briefer)

KRSOne/Buckshot "Survival Skills" - 2.5

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout" - 3.5

Slaughterhouse "Self-titled" - 3.5

Brother Ali "Truth is Here"- 4

Dela "Changes of Atmosphere" - 4

Tanya Morgan "Brooklynatti"-4.25 (dropped a little for me, not much)

Elzhi "The Preface" - 3.75 (didn't have much replay value for me)

K-Rino "Blood Doctrine" - 2.5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 11:09 am

Raekwon "OB4CL 2"-4.5 Still dope.

EMC "The Show"-3.5 just because but never really played it again.

Cormega "Born & Raised"-3.5, his weakest release to date.

La Coka Nostra "A Brand you Can Trust"-3.75, lost some replay value with me.

Ill Bill "Hour of Reprisal"-nice album just not my style.

Reks "Grey Hairs"-4.5-4.75 If it wasn't so long winded it would be classic. He should have made it about only 15-16 at the most deep.

KRSOne/Buckshot "Survival Skills"-3.75 Got betta with time.

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"-3.5-3.75...For me it's a dissapointment. Beats were dope for the most part. (Agree)

Slaughterhouse "Self-titled"-4.5-4.75 The album of 2009 for me easily.

Brother Ali "Truth is Here"-4.5...Actually like this better than "Us" and that's not a shot. I've got "Us at a 4.25. (agree again)

K-Rino "Blood Doctrine"-4.25 I think this one is a tad overrated my some but its mos def a solid ass album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 11:42 am

Raekwon "OB4CL 2"- 4.25. still holding strong for me

EMC "The Show"-4.5, One of the best albums of 2008 IMO

Cormega "Born & Raised"- 3.5. Originally I had this at 4 but it's lost replay value.

La Coka Nostra "A Brand you Can Trust"- 4 stars, Ill Bill is dope as fuck.

Reks "Grey Hairs"-4.5. I slept on this car originally, after hearing Kev and Shaun big this guy up so much I decided to check him out, and he's dope as fuck.

KRSOne/Buckshot "Survival Skills"- 4.5. I like all but about 2 tracks on this album, fuck the haters

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"- 3.5. Pretty disappointing given these guys' track records.

Slaughterhouse "Self-titled"- 3.75. Originally I had this at around 4-4.25 but it's lost quite a bit of replay value.

Tanya Morgan "Brooklynatti"- 4.25. I still spin this every now and then.

Elzhi "The Preface"- 4 stars.

K-Rino "Blood Doctrine"- 4 stars, good album but overrated by a lot of cats in this forum.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 9:43 am

Raekwon "OB4CL 2"-4.0 stars

Almighty "Original Sin"-4.25

EMC "The Show"-4.25

Cormega "Born & Raised"-4.0 stars

La Coka Nostra "A Brand you Can Trust"-4.25

Ill Bill "Hour of Reprisal"-4.25

Reks "Grey Hairs"-N/A

KRSOne/Buckshot "Survival Skills"-3.5 stars

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"-3.75-The part of me that's a Kurupt fan was disappointed, but the part of me that loves Quik was more than happy

Slaughterhouse "Self-titled"-4.0 stars

Brother Ali "Truth is Here"-4.75 stars.

Dela "Changes of Atmosphere"-N/A

Tanya Morgan "Brooklynatti"-4.0 stars. I think this one is overrated by a lot of people, but it's still solid

Elzhi "The Preface"-4.0 stars or so

K-Rino "Blood Doctrine"-4.5 stars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 11:13 am

Terry you really still haven't checked out Reks?? Whats the fucking prob?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 11:14 am

LOL! I dunno. I've had it in my cart multipke times, and i always decide to get something else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 11:23 am

REKS drops today.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 12:24 pm

Raekwon "OB4CL 2"- 4.5, better than the first, still bump this one regularly. Kiss the Ring>>>

Almighty "Original Sin"-4.25...dope album, I should really bump it more than I do.

EMC "The Show"-3.5...decent album with a couple of bangers.

Cormega "Born & Raised"- 4...nothing special, but still a solid album.

La Coka Nostra "A Brand you Can Trust"-4.5...dope ass album, still bangs.

Ill Bill "Hour of Reprisal"- SMNUTS...still don't own.

Reks "Grey Hairs"-4.25...album was too long-winded, but had some really dope ass tracks.

KRSOne/Buckshot "Survival Skills"- 2.5...boring as hell saved for a few tracks. Not a hater, just being real.

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"-3...hurts to say because I'm a big Quik fan, but this album didn't do anything at all. The West Coast version of "Survival Skills" in that it's a dud.

Slaughterhouse "Self-titled"-4.5...love this album, still do.

Brother Ali "Truth is Here"-4.25...fallen off a little, but still solid.

Dela "Changes of Atmosphere"-4.5...love this album. Mad chill.

Tanya Morgan "Brooklynatti"-4...overrated, but still solid.

Elzhi "The Preface"-4.5...Elzhi is a beast.

K-Rino "Blood Doctrine"-4.25...cool album, easily my favorite from him, but I still need to cop his new one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 12:38 pm

N3R0 wrote:
REKS drops today.

Are you sure? I can't find any info on it on the regualr sites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 1:11 pm

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/release-dates

That's got it as released today, but HHDX is only right 50% of the time. No one talks about new shit anymore really and I don't get into Reks like that so I was just throwing it out there. Nothing on google, really, either so it probably didn't come out today.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 1:37 pm

Yeah, i couldn't find the Reks on Amazon either. I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 2:08 pm

Raekwon "OB4CL 2"-3.5 stars-was overrated by many out the gate IMO!

Almighty "Original Sin"-4.25 stars-the beats carry this one for me..those beats are really strong

EMC "The Show"-4 stars-this one was considered 5 stars but has since fallen but is still a very good album

Cormega "Born & Raised"-4 stars...'Mega did his thang here

La Coka Nostra "A Brand you Can Trust"-n/a

Ill Bill "Hour of Reprisal"-n/a

Reks "Grey Hairs"-3.5 stars-a good album but not the banger that everyone says it is IMO

KRSOne/Buckshot "Survival Skills"-4.25..fell slightly but is still a very good album even if Kris wasn't his hungriest on it...still has decent beats and lyrics which is what hip-hop is supposed to be about anyway!

Quik/Kurupt "Blaqkout"-n/a

Slaughterhouse "Self-titled"-4 stars..a very good album..a bit overrated though IMO!

Brother Ali "Truth is Here"-n/a

Dela "Changes of Atmosphere"-n/a

Tanya Morgan "Brooklynatti"-4.25 stars..I still like this album alot

Elzhi "The Preface"-n/a

K-Rino "Blood Doctrine"-4 stars....his lyrics are unquestioned...his beats?? see the question marks...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are these albums now vol. 2   How are these albums now vol.  2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How are these albums now vol. 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: