Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New releases this week

Go down 
+3
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
Shaun
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

New releases this week Empty
PostSubject: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 4:59 am

I'm probably getting Jay Stay Paid and Double Barrel. Does anyone know anything about the new AZ album, Legendary?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:16 am

AZ has two cds coming out - one on real talk, the other in siccness...so...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:17 am

Which one comes out tomorrow?

And go to sleep. Jesus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:24 am

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:26 am

Alright, cool. I didn't feel like checking out which label it was lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:27 am

previews are up already
don't sound bad
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:32 am

How's it sound compared to Undeniable?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:34 am

stop being so fucking lazy and go to sleep...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:39 am

That was contradictory in itself.

You go to sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:07 am

Not really, he meant look shit up for yourself.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:10 am

Best Buy is selling the AZ for $14.99, but the sold the Freeway and Sheek for $9.99 two weeks ago. That makes me mad. I hope to find Double Barrell in store somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 12:16 pm

I was surprised by the Freeway and Sheek honestly - must have been an eminem thing. The AZ samples sound good but not amazing. Like no hit songs on the CD, but if you a super AZ fan then you might like it. I just think it stupid shady for real talk to have "Legendary" this week and Siccness having "I Am Legend" in a few weeks.. smh...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 12:18 pm

Yeah, i agree. they recycle titles all the time though. are those two labels affiliated?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 12:24 pm

I didn't think they were affiliated but with this, the haystak thing, etc makes me wonder if they are not affiliated.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 12:34 pm

isnt Kurupt/DJ Quik coming out tomorrow too??

EDIT: it drops june 9th, that completely ruined my fucking week, i was looking forward to picking that up tomorrow since friday

but AZ - Legendary comes out tomorrow?

Last edited by Slang Editorial on Mon 01 Jun 2009, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 12:35 pm

not that i know of
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 12:51 pm

just previewed AZ - Legendary on Amazon and it sounds pretty good, but most of the songs have the same tempo, not much variety but ill probably still pick it up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 1:46 pm

Shon wrote:
I'm probably getting Jay Stay Paid...

Dang, I'm I reading this right? "Jay Stay Paid is a 25 track collection of unreleased Dilla beats mixed and arranged by Pete Rock..."

That's all I really needed to read. I'll definitely be scooping this up.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:24 pm

Those AZ joints weren't authorized y'all. If people stop buying those albums, then Siccness and Real Talk will stop the release unauthorized albums. I hate when they do that. It's basically unused artist vocals that were bought and thrown over in house beats from Siccness and Real Talk.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:31 pm

Sometimes they have the artists consent
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:34 pm

"Sometimes they have the artists consent"

Yeah, I forgot to add that. But, it just doesn't have that feel of an official album.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:35 pm

J. Harris wrote:

Yeah, I forgot to add that. But, it just doesn't have that feel of an official album.

yeah, sometimes the production seems so foreign. That Sheek album was garbage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:44 pm

Shon wrote:
How's it sound compared to Undeniable?

I hope it's better than Undeniable. I was disappointed with that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:46 pm

T. Myers wrote:
J. Harris wrote:

yeah, sometimes the production seems so foreign. That Sheek album was garbage.

The only Sheek album I liked was After Taxes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:00 pm

After Taxes was a beast of an album... better than anything Pete Rock or CL Smooth ever dropped...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:28 pm

Sheek's 1st album is my fav.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 11:05 pm

Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:
Shon wrote:
I'm probably getting Jay Stay Paid...

Dang, I'm I reading this right? "Jay Stay Paid is a 25 track collection of unreleased Dilla beats mixed and arranged by Pete Rock..."

That's all I really needed to read. I'll definitely be scooping this up.

I have it on pre-order as we speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 11:15 pm

After Taxes was decent but I like Walk Witt Me better. I definitely have to make up for buying that Busta Rhymes, so I will be looking for something decent to come out soon..lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 11:18 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
After Taxes was a beast of an album... better than anything Pete Rock or CL Smooth ever dropped...

You say shit out of spite too often, get the fuck outta here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 11:22 pm

I have a really good feeling Double Barrel well be easy to find. Its coming out on Duck Down right? if so they do a very good job at getting there records in the stores. Thats a real underground/indie label, thats where most labels fail because you cant find the music in stores. But i always see Duck Down records at my big box stores in Canada, no one ever buys them but they are there
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 11:44 pm

Mirage & Concept - Rejuvenation

Check it out. Dropped earlier this year. Don't sleep. The best album I've heard this year.
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 12:32 pm

that new jay stay paid is dope ya'll... dont sleep... 90% o the tracks arent longer than 3 mins but it means that there's a lotta good material, pete really outdid himself,, not to mentionthe creator,, J.D!!!!
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 4:36 pm

Sinj.of.SA wrote:
that new jay stay paid is dope ya'll... dont sleep... 90% o the tracks arent longer than 3 mins but it means that there's a lotta good material, pete really outdid himself,, not to mentionthe creator,, J.D!!!!

I agree, I got the album a few days before it came out and it is really good. What's your favorite tracks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 9:52 pm

I know Black Thought killed it on Jay Stay Paid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 10:08 pm

I got Double Barrel and Jay Stay Paid...smh
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 10:10 pm

I passed on Dilla and AZ, but picked up Marco Polo & Torae
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 10:29 pm

i picked up Dilla, its real dope
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 11:38 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:

Yeah Black Thought was a beast as usual. I really like that song with Blu too. I also like that song with DOOM but I think that Jay Electronica used that beat already. It sounds so familiar.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 1:20 am

gametheory91 wrote:
MarcoPolo wrote:

Yeah Black Thought was a beast as usual. I really like that song with Blu too. I also like that song with DOOM but I think that Jay Electronica used that beat already. It sounds so familiar.

DOOM once again killin a Dilla beat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New releases this week   New releases this week Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New releases this week
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: