Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...

Go down 
+3
T. Myers
Funk Seoul Brother
ACRID"
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Empty
PostSubject: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:14 am

OK, so we all know who's playing the Finals, however they dont involve Kobe v. Lebron(well #23 anyways)-if you saw the end of the game, you would have noticed Lebron, the face of his franchise, immediately leaving the court, no handshakes, no congrats, nothing. I took quick notice of this, taking me back to my sports days (You lose a game, congratulate the winner, show some respect for the game and the winning team-Especially the losing team captain). Granted, i know this dude was super-pissed, but c'mon, he's the league's MVP, he shouldve known better and at leeeast shake D.Howard's hand. Your opinion......
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:33 am

I can't blame him.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:39 am

It happens sometimes. Lebron does not have a history of this. Even if he did, he is only accountable to his team and no one else. Lebron had to do too much in the series, and i'm sure his actions were out of frustration. I don't think he meant to disrespect Orlando. I do think Lebron needs to look in the mirror though. He had too many costly turnovers in the 4th quarter of a few games. Kobe does not make those mistakes, and that is why he is still better than LBJ.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:40 am

Yeah he meant no malice by b-lining it off the court. Purely frustration.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:57 am

"Granted, i know this dude was super-pissed, but c'mon, he's the league's MVP, he shouldve known better"

Im co-signing the frustration part-however he's a professional and it showed lack of character.

Another reason why i believe Manny Ramirez should not play(if im not mistaken he returns July 3rd, the A.S Game is the 14th) the ALL*STAR Game....You can't be an all star if youve been suspended for taking a banned substance- but thats beside the point, lets stay on the subject..lol-
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:00 am

The only way Manny plays in the AS Game is if the fans vote him in as a starter, and if so, he should play because the game is for the fans.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:13 am

there is alternate starters though, right??? And when it comes to Americans and their sports..and scandals-their more than forgivable if it means they can contribute a 'W'-
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:15 am

acrid.one wrote:
there is alternate starters though, right??? And when it comes to Americans and their sports..and scandals-their more than forgivable if it means they can contribute a 'W'-

What do you mean by alternate starters? If the fans select Manny, it is his decision to whether he plays. As far as scandals, most baseball fans don't care about steroid use.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:16 am

a #2, a #3 spot on the roster...fill me in-

"As far as scandals, most baseball fans don't care about steroid use."

This is what i mean, he has a possibility of making the team, I, however, do not feel he deserves that role...but according to my argument, i'm in the minority....lol

Last edited by acrid.one on Mon 01 Jun 2009, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:17 am

The fans will vote for Outfielders, and the top 3 vote getters will start the game.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:19 am

but he has the possibility of making a #2 spot....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:21 am

If he isn't one of the top 3 outfielders voted in, he won't make the team. The fans don't have anything to do with the reserves.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:15 am

"If someone beats you (up), your not going to congratulate them"- LBJ

his words.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:21 am

There's no excuse for it, it's just bad sportsmanship, and by his response, it's clear he really doesn't even get it. I guess it's no surprise he's immature though.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:27 am

Jason wrote:
There's no excuse for it, it's just bad sportsmanship, and by his response, it's clear he really doesn't even get it. I guess it's no surprise he's immature though.

That is complete and total BS. He made ONE mistake. This dude has had so much attention since he was 16, and he's always handled it class and maturity. You never hear his name out there like Melo, Kobe, AI, Josh Howard, Zach Randolph, and others.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:29 am

I mean....he is 24 yrs. old, but in American organized sports, starting from child oriented sports, we're taught to accept winning and losing in a 'mature' way, i.e shaking hands, team chants for the losing team at the end of a game;so myself, as a person who grew up involved in sports, i sorta just cant really dismiss this behavior.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:33 am

T. Myers wrote:
Jason wrote:

That is complete and total BS. He made ONE mistake. This dude has had so much attention since he was 16, and he's always handled it class and maturity. You never hear his name out there like Melo, Kobe, AI, Josh Howard, Zach Randolph, and others.

..Right, but this was his first time losing the Est.Conf.Finals, and this was the way he chose to react to his team's loss..ONE mistake, but i'll be damned if it didnt send a shock thru the sports world...

"You never hear his name out there like Melo, Kobe, AI, Josh Howard, Zach Randolph, and others"

..Im not following.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:33 am

He didn't make one mistake, he made two here. Walking off the court, then a bullshit excuse that shows a lack of understanding about basic sportsmanship. This is a clear sign of immaturity in my opinion.

He doesn't have a big past of this, but this was really his biggest test on court, he came in expected to win, he didn't, and he acted like a baby.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:39 am

Jason wrote:
He didn't make one mistake, he made two here. Walking off the court, then a bullshit excuse that shows a lack of understanding about basic sportsmanship. This is a clear sign of immaturity in my opinion.

He doesn't have a big past of this, but this was really his biggest test on court, he came in expected to win, he didn't, and he acted like a baby.

Wrong his excuse was a continuation of his mistake. He did act like a baby in this case, but please detail his history of immaturity. This was an isolated incident.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:45 am

co-sign Terry.

But I HAVE TO cosign below..

"He doesn't have a big past of this, but this was really his biggest test on court, he came in expected to win, he didn't, and he acted like a baby."

This series, so far, was the peak of his competitive career, and he showed the fans that this king has the ability to act like sore loser when he loses grip of a big win. If youre going to be a "King", be a king thru the thick and thin....he's still one of the best, just has some growing up to do in parts...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:47 am

acrid.one wrote:
co-sign Terry.

"He doesn't have a big past of this, but this was really his biggest test on court, he came in expected to win, he didn't, and he acted like a baby."

This series, so far, was the peak of his competitive career, and he showed the fans that this king has the ability to act like sore loser when he loses grip of a big win. If youre going to be a "King", be a king thru the thick and thin....he's still one of the best, just has some growing up to do in parts...

I agree that this was the most pressure he was under, and he made a mistake. I hope he doesn't make a habit out of this.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:59 am

lol...cool, i guess we were all on the same page after all.....

GO LAKERS....i never once bought into the MVP v. MVP hype, i was always for the best of both conferences going at it...I personally believe Orlando v. LA is more exciting anyways...
Back to top Go down
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 4:58 pm

I understand where he's coming from. I used to do the same thing when I played ball. I hate losing, so why would congratulate the person that just beat my ass ?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:14 pm

i hate Lebron and the Cavs and couldnt be happier that the Magic won, and this is just another action that shows he thinks hes better than everyone.

Not only did he nickname himself "King James", his license plate reads :"KINGOFOH", and he has a tattoo on his back that says "Chosen One"

i think hes taking the fun out of the game always complaining like a cry baby bitch to the media after games too

Lebron was asked about his actions after the game and he actually said that when a team whoops his teams ass he doesnt feel the need to congratulate them and wouldnt want to or something along those lines
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:26 pm

I don't blame him. His teammates sucked ass save for Game 5. He played his ass off and has nothing to show for it. I hope he leaves Cleveland and goes to my Knicks, where they'll have cap money to sign him AND another star player, which is more than what he currently has in Cleveland.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:29 pm

He should go to Phoenix. Amare would catch all of his misses and dunk on everybody
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:33 pm

acrid.one wrote:
co-sign Terry.

No, the peak of his competitive career was two years ago when he made the Finals against the Spurs and got swept. I don't blame him for responding the way he did. As a former athlete, I was the same way after a loss, especially a loss against a team I felt we should have beaten despite the fact I played my ass off.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:54 pm

Shon wrote:
He should go to Phoenix. Amare would catch all of his misses and dunk on everybody

there both gonna go to New York
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 5:56 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
acrid.one wrote:
co-sign Terry.

No, the peak of his competitive career was two years ago when he made the Finals against the Spurs and got swept. I don't blame him for responding the way he did. As a former athlete, I was the same way after a loss, especially a loss against a team I felt we should have beaten despite the fact I played my ass off.

Anal Gangbang Marathons are not a sport....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 6:07 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
acrid.one wrote:
co-sign Terry.

Anal Gangbang Marathons are not a sport....

WTF??? I don't get down like that dude, check yourself!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 6:37 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
acrid.one wrote:
co-sign Terry.

KJ, he said it was his biggest test on the court. There was no pressure on LBJ in the finals because they were not expected to be there, let alone win. This year, LBJ was the MVP. His team had the best record in the NBA, and he couldn't get past the Magic. LBJ was under enormous pressure in that series, and you could see the pressure getting to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...   Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on Lebron's bailing on any opposing team acknowledgment after Game 6...
Page 1 of 1