Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Underground Hip Hop Movies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Underground Hip Hop Movies Empty
PostSubject: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 11:58 am

I was thinking about the movie that Murs did called "Walk Like A Man", and it got me wondering if there are any other underground movies like this that center around hip hop?
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 1:18 pm

I heard Cage was going to be coming out with a biographical film starring Shia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 1:56 pm

What do you mean by underground hip hop movies? Like what is the murs movie about? Cause I know plenty of underground rapper movies...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 2:58 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
What do you mean by underground hip hop movies? Like what is the murs movie about? Cause I know plenty of underground rapper movies...

I meant movies like 8th mile. The whole struggling artist trying to make it, and being unsure of the future . Sorry to be so vague with my description.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 3:04 pm

a.scott wrote:
it got me wondering if there are any other underground movies like this that center around hip hop?

Look no further than "Cool as Ice"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 3:08 pm

Seriously though, I enjoyed both of these movies:

Scratch vs. Freestyle
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It says "vs." but it's really just 2 DVDs. One about turntablism, and one about rapping. They are documentaries, not "movies" per se.

I also enjoyed "Definitive Jux Presents The Revenge of the Robots".
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 4:12 pm

No Limit movies...lol...I Got the Hook-Up was goofy, low budget funny...

There's alot of graff movies out there...they seem to all have a depressing undertone though, i guess to match the whole struggling artist lifestyle...they tend to always have a dope indie hip-hop soundtrack, alotta instrumental kinda hip-hop.

Immortal Technique has a cameo in 'This Revolution' starring Rosario Dawson...some flick about greedy corporations and a band of anarchists....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 4:15 pm

Battle of LA is a cool documentary. It's about all these unknown emcees trying to make it in the LA underground scene. Not very many people you will recognize but good DVD regardless.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:09 pm

Bad Biology

Written by R.A., starring Vinnie Paz, Reef, Remedy, J-Zone and more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 2:12 pm

CB4..Well I guess they was just posing as rappers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 4:25 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:
CB4..Well I guess they was just posing as rappers.

CB4 is one of my favorite movies! I like to refer to that one as the hip hop version of Spinal Tap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underground Hip Hop Movies   Underground Hip Hop Movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Underground Hip Hop Movies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: